Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Points Deduction?

• Please log in to reply
296 replies to this topic

#281 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 01:37 PM

Thank you toffee

and thats all it is, weve all friends,family who took the wrong path in life and followed the dogs,were all from the same backgrounds,supped in same pubs and even parked our bikes in the same space with the local lasses.
were the same...and would be sad to see batley relegated...but
weve been there and had to take the possibilities on both our chins.

if you get relegated...these things happen
if you dont... you live to fight another day

either way it wont make me hate you any less ;)

you are our hole in a perfect bottom
you are the catapilar in our lovely salad sarnie
you are the snot in a big sneeze
your are the gristle in a cross's pork pie

life just wouldnt be the same without you !!!

greavsey only come on here to feel at home with all the other tards... like one big family

good luck in the last few games except

whitehaven ;)

:biggrin: :biggrin:

#282 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 02:10 PM

At least coolie and grumpy ram do things in banter. Unlike eddie rombo who dosnt know banter if it jumped up and bit him on his ar#e need i say more

We all know deep down Batley fans love me!

#283 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 02:20 PM

Oh no not Coolie & Eddie at the same time who turned the Batley forum into a nursery for the mentally challenged.

The 'mentally challenged' don't they hold meetings for them at Mount Pleasant on a Sunday afternoon!

#284 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,842 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 02:57 PM

The 'mentally challenged' don't they hold meetings for them at Mount Pleasant on a Sunday afternoon!

Well done Eddie, how long did it take you to come up with that one?

Or did your mum help you? A few big words in that little gem - not like you that.

Its amazing how Batley in a sticky spot suddenly draws you out from under your rock.

Edited by buford t justice, 06 August 2014 - 02:59 PM.

What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#285 Mark B

Mark B
  • Coach
  • 2,218 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 04:30 PM

Two clubs have been charged with breaching RFL Operational Rules relating to dual registration by fielding ineligible players in Kingstone Press Championship fixtures.

Batley Bulldogs and Doncaster have been charged with breaching Operational Rule D1.20 which states that dual registration players who have a salary cap value of £20,000 or more must have played in at least three league fixtures for the Championship club that season before the end-of-season registration deadline in order to play in games which fall after the deadline, whether they be regular season or play-off games.

The charges follow complaints that Jacob Fairbank, a dual registered player from Huddersfield Giants, played for Batley against Sheffield Eagles, and that Ben Crooks, a dual-registered player from Hull FC, played for Doncaster against Keighley Cougars. Both matches were played on Sunday July 27, two days after the registration deadline for the Kingstone Press Championship closed.

The charges will be heard by an independent Operational Rules Tribunal which has been scheduled for Thursday August 14.

If found guilty, Batley and Doncaster face a range of sanctions, including a fine and/or the deduction of competition points.

Dewsbury Rams have been cleared of an allegation that they fielded an ineligible player in a Championship fixture against Barrow Raiders on the same day.

From the rfl website
Posted Image

#286 9' oller

9' oller
  • Coach
  • 3,620 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 04:41 PM

Oh the joys. In an ideal way we could hope for a fine and a wrap on the knuckles.
If I was a rival fan id be shouting from the townhall for points docked therfore being subjected to relegation spot no. 5. Oh hang on a minute

The most unfashionable yet over achieving mutts around

#287 toffee

toffee
  • Coach
  • 238 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 04:46 PM

Nice one coolie probley be last derby in league for a year i think. Lost too many top quailty players . New players took too long to gell and not enough cover in the back line hope and pray we stay up but big ask. Losing jonny campbell was a big loss and josh going to salford left us without a strike player been a long hard season. Hope some players stick round if relagated sam scott love him to stay but too good for league below

#288 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,858 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 04:57 PM

Listen ya bunch of doom merchants

if theres any team i would back to get out of this mess is batley
everytime youve come close to going down
my heart has been broken everytime
im confident youll pull together and back your team... 3 points vs us is nailed on
this league can change with one shock result
didnt think you were gonna beat widnes ..but you did
feathersone away last season...but you did

your called the dogs and are like terriers
and never give in !!!
odds yeah are against you...and thats when you excel

dont stop supporting or fighting for your club
kevin n like mark sawyer are the heartbeats of the club...times are hard for them with spirelling wages and dwindling gates
you lost too many players in an important season

but its time for them lads to show what batley is all about NEVER GIVING IN!!!

good luck

#289 M Hopkins

M Hopkins
  • 683 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 05:01 PM

Wow

#290 redditchbulldog

redditchbulldog
  • Coach
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 05:31 PM

Listen ya bunch of doom merchants

if theres any team i would back to get out of this mess is batley
everytime youve come close to going down
my heart has been broken everytime
im confident youll pull together and back your team... 3 points vs us is nailed on
this league can change with one shock result
didnt think you were gonna beat widnes ..but you did
feathersone away last season...but you did

your called the dogs and are like terriers
and never give in !!!
odds yeah are against you...and thats when you excel

dont stop supporting or fighting for your club
kevin n like mark sawyer are the heartbeats of the club...times are hard for them with spirelling wages and dwindling gates
you lost too many players in an important season

but its time for them lads to show what batley is all about NEVER GIVING IN!!!

good luck

cheers Coolie and the fat lady is only gargling so its up the team now to to gag her to shut her up :)  and you say we always seem to fight against the odds and come out smiling

Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

#291 greavesy

greavesy
  • Coach
  • 534 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 05:56 PM

How am I going to meet them ?  Gosh, I didn't realise it was down to me .....................

You know what i mean ,you are the same as you are on this forum totally insignificant !. Sheffield Eagles do not have a ground that meets minimum standa rds. It is a greyhound stadium with not enough seating portacabins for dressing rooms and the whole place is not fit to stage RL.

#292 toffee

toffee
  • Coach
  • 238 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 06:03 PM

Cheers coolie nice comments unlike a certain eddie rombo who dosnt do your club any favours with his so called banter. Thanx hope it is true and we can turn it round .

#293 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,858 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 06:09 PM

You know what i mean ,you are the same as you are on this forum totally insignificant !. Sheffield Eagles do not have a ground that meets minimum standa rds. It is a greyhound stadium with not enough seating portacabins for dressing rooms and the whole place is not fit to stage RL.

couldnt agree more

if had been nottingham,chorley,runcorn,mansfield
they would have been kicked out
the owlerton ground wasnt fit for RL in the 80's
and is no better now

maybe they should go down because their ground is only about championship 1 standard
and only the lowest level of that divison

let them share witth barnsley, rotherham,doncaster because its quiet obvious sheffield council and not people of sheffield want to support the club where they currently are.

#294 ricochet

ricochet
  • Players
  • 80 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 10:50 PM

We all know deep down Batley fans love me!

No they don't and neither do real Rams fans, you are a prat (or a similar sounding word). I agree with coolie on this one,lets see the real Bulldog spirit emerge from this DR shambles and irrespective of any points deduction get yourselves into a safe position, dust yourselves down and go again next season. The HW derby is up there with the best and I would rather play Batley (win or lose) in front of 2000 than Barrow with a crowd of under 600. As for a Bulls derby, it will be a one off as Bradford will walk the championship next year and head back to Sooooper league at the first attempt.

Good luck Batley on the 14th, if not on the 17th (although I think you will beat us at home).

As for you Eddie, do one , you don't represent the views of the majority of Rams supporters who do not wish to see Batley relegated.

Ricochet!

#295 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,824 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 10:09 AM

The RFL disagree.

And whether I know what you mean or not - it's not my problem.  I shall be doing nothing.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#296 redditchbulldog

redditchbulldog
  • Coach
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 04:21 PM

The RFL disagree.

And whether I know what you mean or not - it's not my problem.  I shall be doing nothing.

its only because the other championship clubs gave dispensation to allow them to play there

Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

#297 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,824 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 04:50 PM

its only because the other championship clubs gave dispensation to allow them to play there

Ah, I see.  Everyone was fully aware of the situation, then.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"