Points Deduction?

• Please log in to reply
296 replies to this topic

#21 LeeF

LeeF
  • Coach
  • 850 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 09:25 AM

Can't see how we have broken it,we have had Fairbank play for us 3 times before Sheffield,if on loan then don't matter either way,same rule for dr to loan play 3 times

But he hasn't played 3 times this season so unless it was a loan signing it looks like a breach

#22 LeeF

LeeF
  • Coach
  • 850 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 09:26 AM

If it is us, and we've used Fairbank either unwittingly or in full knowledge that he's ineligible, then we deserve all we get - no two ways about it.
If such a simple error has been made - and at such a crucial stage of an absolutely crucial season, then it's an absolute farce and an indictment of those in charge.
Hope I'm wrong though, and our legendary PR team confused 'loan deal' with 'dual reg'.

Whatever the outcome it shows what a mess the DR has become

#23 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 09:42 AM

Have to agree, the irony is though that Kear has refused to use it much this season, and when we were down to the bare bones he uses it and this happens!

KN put an interesting post on another thread about how busy he was with club business last week with Harrison being on holiday - it wouldnt be beyond the realms of fantasy that this was overlooked because of this, though i would have thought at the very least JK would be aware of this when he picked him!

Another question nagging me - with 5 games left if we do get docked points, when will the RFL do this? They are notoriously slow - probably do it the Friday before the last game when its impossible for us to know what we need to make up.

Edited by buford t justice, 31 July 2014 - 09:45 AM.

What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#24 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,053 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 09:45 AM

After this season's trials and tribulations around dual registration, I totally agree.

However, if you are going to use the system, you need to ensure that the rules (simple rules, in this case), are adhered to.

Posted Image

#25 From the South

From the South
  • Coach
  • 234 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 09:55 AM

I thought I had read somewhere that Fairbank was with us till the end of the season, which would suggest a loan:

B3:17  "Dual Registered Players who have a Salary Cap Value of £20,000 or more i.e. those who receive a category A, B, C or D classification, must have played in at least three League or League Cup fixtures for the Championships club that season before the end of season registration deadline which applies in that Competition in order to play in games which fall after that deadline whether they be regular season or Play Off games. 
Dual Registered Players who switch over to a Loan Agreement following the end of season registration deadline must have played in at least three games of the regular season in order to be eligible for the Play Offs."

C1:2:16 e  "where the Player concerned has previously been Dual Registered to the loanee Club the loan agreement must extend to the end of the Season without any clauses allowing the Player to return to the Super League Club prior to the conclusion of the Championships Club’s final competitive match of the Season."

So if its a loan agreement we are fine, it just means Jacob cannot play in any Play Off games.

If it is still just a DR deal I can only hope he isn't classed as category A,B,C or D, otherwise we will be in breach of the rules.

I would assume all this was checked out fully prior to the game on Sunday and it is just internet gossip (note it has come from one of our relegation rivals).

Of course the club could clear this up in a second by telling us whether it was a loan or DR agreement.

Now if only I could remember where I read he was here till season's end.

Edited by From the South, 31 July 2014 - 09:57 AM.

#26 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 10:01 AM

This speculation needs nipping in the bud if it is a loan.

Can anyone connected with the club on here please organise a statement?

Id say its pretty urgent that one is made to clarify this situation.
What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#27 LeeF

LeeF
  • Coach
  • 850 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 10:02 AM

I thought I had read somewhere that Fairbank was with us till the end of the season, which would suggest a loan:

B3:17  "Dual Registered Players who have a Salary Cap Value of £20,000 or more i.e. those who receive a category A, B, C or D classification, must have played in at least three League or League Cup fixtures for the Championships club that season before the end of season registration deadline which applies in that Competition in order to play in games which fall after that deadline whether they be regular season or Play Off games. Dual Registered Players who switch over to a Loan Agreement following the end of season registration deadline must have played in at least three games of the regular season in order to be eligible for the Play Offs."

C1:2:16 e  "where the Player concerned has previously been Dual Registered to the loanee Club the loan agreement must extend to the end of the Season without any clauses allowing the Player to return to the Super League Club prior to the conclusion of the Championships Club’s final competitive match of the Season."

So if its a loan agreement we are fine, it just means Jacob cannot play in any Play Off games.

If it is still just a DR deal I can only hope he isn't classed as category A,B,C or D, otherwise we will be in breach of the rules.

I would assume all this was checked out fully prior to the game on Sunday and it is just internet gossip (note it has come from one of our relegation rivals).

Of course the club could clear this up in a second by telling us whether it was a loan or DR agreement.

Now if only I could remember where I read he was here till season's end.

I remember reading the same "until the end if the season" quote but this rumour hasn't been started by fans of other clubs but by coaches of clubs within the decision and this has been picked up by reporters etc

#28 LeeF

LeeF
  • Coach
  • 850 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 10:03 AM

Have to agree, the irony is though that Kear has refused to use it much this season, and when we were down to the bare bones he uses it and this happens!
KN put an interesting post on another thread about how busy he was with club business last week with Harrison being on holiday - it wouldnt be beyond the realms of fantasy that this was overlooked because of this, though i would have thought at the very least JK would be aware of this when he picked him!
Another question nagging me - with 5 games left if we do get docked points, when will the RFL do this? They are notoriously slow - probably do it the Friday before the last game when its impossible for us to know what we need to make up.

It can't be more than a 3 point deduction so the RFL wait until you are definitely safe and then deduct the points so nobody is upset.....

#29 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,053 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 10:04 AM

Clarifying the situation for the worried fans?! I think you may be urinating in the wind with that one, Buford.

Posted Image

#30 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,285 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 10:07 AM

Nothing ' comes ' from other fans ... It originates way further up and filters down !

#31 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 8,076 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 10:24 AM

This speculation needs nipping in the bud if it is a loan.

Can anyone connected with the club on here please organise a statement?

Id say its pretty urgent that one is made to clarify this situation.

The match report on the club's official website refers to Fairbank as being on dual registration.

http://www.batleybul...finally-smashed

The further good news for the visitors was the re-introduction of dual-registered duo Jacob Fairbank and Josh Johnson who bolstered an injury-hit Bulldogs' pack.

#32 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,665 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 10:45 AM

Yeah this hasn't come from town, it's come from reporters and was just posted on our forum. It's the RFL so you never know what happens as far as punishment goes. The 3 points should definitely be lost, but then what? Do they give the points to sheffield(this would be unfair as I'm sure batley would have won with or without him). Or do they make you's do a replay? Either way it needs to be sorted for yourselves and other teams around you.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#33 LeeF

LeeF
  • Coach
  • 850 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 11:01 AM

Points shouldn't be awarded to Sheffield or the game replayed

#34 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,665 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 11:04 AM

Points shouldn't be awarded to Sheffield or the game replayed

just a deduction to batley? Let's be honest it's the RFL they could do anything couldn't they.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#35 LeeF

LeeF
  • Coach
  • 850 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 11:09 AM

just a deduction to batley? Let's be honest it's the RFL they could do anything couldn't they.

Yes just a deduction for Batley if found guilty

#36 silverback

silverback
  • Coach
  • 996 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 11:11 AM

i think if they knew just how hard it is for the fans at this point in time we would have confirmation that he was on LOAN, and everything is in order,were going into the next game with all this hanging around and am sure it will effect the players too, means more to all the fans than some bod up at mount think. and if we are in breech then thats really made a mockery of all the effort the players have put in. :rtfm:

#37 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,956 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 11:21 AM

The match report on the club's official website refers to Fairbank as being on dual registration.

http://www.batleybul...finally-smashed

The further good news for the visitors was the re-introduction of dual-registered duo Jacob Fairbank and Josh Johnson who bolstered an injury-hit Bulldogs' pack.

TBH, that was only my assumption when writing the piece. I have not been given any information by the club to suggest either Fairbank and Johnson are actually on loan at the moment, but that's not to say that might not be the case.

#38 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,891 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 02:27 PM

It's a very surprising mistake to make.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#39 redditchbulldog

redditchbulldog
  • Coach
  • 1,696 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 02:47 PM

according to Gareth walker its us ,dewsbury and donny but does say that RFL hasn't confirmed which clubs are under investigation

Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

#40 redditchbulldog

redditchbulldog
  • Coach
  • 1,696 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 02:48 PM

https://twitter.com/garethwalker13

Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users