Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Points Deduction?

• Please log in to reply
296 replies to this topic

#41 Gary Coyle

Gary Coyle
  • Coach
  • 7,138 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 02:52 PM

http://www.sportingl...heffield-eagles

#42 LeeF

LeeF
  • Coach
  • 802 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 03:01 PM

There may be a 4th club as well

#43 DOGFATHER

DOGFATHER
  • Coach
  • 253 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 03:25 PM

I think this is all wind and p*ss tbh. The salary cap's £20k value is only applicable to the top 25 players at the parent club, see rule below:

A Club’s “Players” are the 25 Players registered with the Club and eligible to play in the Super League who have the highest Salary Cap Values at the time in question,

I don't think that Fairbank would be in the top 25 earners at Huddersfield, so therefore I don't think there will be a case to answer. This rule seems to suggest he is not counted in the £1.825M salary cap at Huddersfield and therefore will not have a salary cap value, even if he is earning more than £20k.  

That will be how Leeds put it's squad laced with internationals together for under £1.825M, and Leigh have managed to sign such a fantastic squad for £400k in the Championship.

Edited by DOGFATHER, 31 July 2014 - 05:24 PM.

#44 LeeF

LeeF
  • Coach
  • 802 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 03:33 PM

I would have expected him to be in the Top 25

#45 9' oller

9' oller
  • Coach
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 03:53 PM

Course you would lee

The most unfashionable yet over achieving mutts around

#46 LeeF

LeeF
  • Coach
  • 802 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 04:09 PM

Course you would lee

Well he is listed in their first team squad list on their website........

#47 LeeF

LeeF
  • Coach
  • 802 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 04:09 PM

And squad number 22

#48 Deano44

Deano44
  • Coach
  • 302 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 04:35 PM

It would be a sad day to lose batley from the championship based on a stupid error. There may not be a case but seeing as though your chairman posts on this forum from time to time you would have expected him to have made a comment immediately if there was not any truth in this, as I am sure he will be aware of it.

I think as no comment has been made it possibly confirms that the 'rumour' is not just a rumour its fact.

I hope that its not the case but if it is whatever the outcome it will open a whole can of worms.

If Batley are deducted and it relegates them there will be uproar from Batley, if there is no deduction and sheffield find themselves relegated (which I can't see happening anyway) they would be in uproar as they were the team that were beaten when the ineligible player played, and finally whichever team does get relegated by a point to two they too will be not so happy if Batley escaped a deduction.

If you weigh up all these scenarios and put yourself in the shoes of the RFL, the most simple solution to not open up all these cans of worms is to deduct Batley and do it quickly so they know what has to be done for the remainder of the season. Alternatively they will drag their feet and leave it out of Batley hands.

personally i think it will be sorted fairly quickly as this situation would also affect the final play off positions.  

Edited by Deano44, 31 July 2014 - 04:36 PM.

#49 Lone Drinker

Lone Drinker
  • Coach
  • 232 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 04:35 PM

Don't panic.

Edited by Lone Drinker, 31 July 2014 - 04:36 PM.

#50 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 1,995 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 04:43 PM

Given that up to three clubs are involved in the mess, could it be possible that there may have been some communicational mess-up from the powers-that-be? It would seem unlikely that three separate clubs would make the same mistake?

Posted Image

#51 Deano44

Deano44
  • Coach
  • 302 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 04:51 PM

Don't panic.

do you know something that we don't ? Hope so.........

#52 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,002 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 04:52 PM

I agree quick response is needed foremost

#53 Deano44

Deano44
  • Coach
  • 302 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 04:53 PM

Given that up to three clubs are involved in the mess, could it be possible that there may have been some communicational mess-up from the powers-that-be? It would seem unlikely that three separate clubs would make the same mistake?

there is a lot at stake for all clubs at the top and the bottom. 

#54 Lone Drinker

Lone Drinker
  • Coach
  • 232 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 04:53 PM

do you know something that we don't ? Hope so.........

I don't unfortunately. But still, let's keep calm.

#55 beestondog

beestondog
  • Players
  • 50 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 05:02 PM

Hope this doesn't unsettle the lads ahead of Sundays game, a game we now need to win.

#56 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 05:15 PM

I hate DR and bonus points with a passion,but as is always point out to me them are the rules. As is those around who is eligible to play.If the rules have been breach and given he scored a try in a tight game then I can't see how they can avoid awarding a points deduction .In such an important season where a ridiculous 5 teams go down then there should be no grey areas ,DR players if we have to have them should be able to play up to a certain date,after that they are either on loan for the rest of the season or they can't play.This would stop SL teams taking the Mick with DR

#57 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,758 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 05:16 PM

It would be a sad day to lose batley from the championship based on a stupid error.

Stupid errors often decide games.  Cups and championships have been won and lost on them.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#58 greavesy

greavesy
  • Coach
  • 491 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 05:40 PM

I hate DR and bonus points with a passion,but as is always point out to me them are the rules. As is those around who is eligible to play.If the rules have been breach and given he scored a try in a tight game then I can't see how they can avoid awarding a points deduction .In such an important season where a ridiculous 5 teams go down then there should be no grey areas ,DR players if we have to have them should be able to play up to a certain date,after that they are either on loan for the rest of the season or they can't play.This would stop SL teams taking the Mick with DR

And of coarse as you are in the mix for relegation you would say that, dog eat dog and all that. As there has been nothing official from the club i will keep my thaughts on this one to myself. Apart from the obvious one that DR is a crock of ***** and the people that voted this idiotic system in have a lot to answer for. I await the clubs response on this.

Edited by greavesy, 31 July 2014 - 05:42 PM.

#59 LeeF

LeeF
  • Coach
  • 802 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 05:43 PM

And of coarse as you are in the mix for relegation you would say that, dog eat dog and all that. As there has been nothing official from the club i will keep my thaughts on this one to myself. Apart from the obvious one that DR is a crock of ***** and the people that voted this idiotic system in have a lot to answer for. I await the clubs response on this.

Irrespective of who I support DR has been a farce from day 1 and this is just the type of finale that the system deserves - confusion and a mess all around

#60 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 06:05 PM

Yes we are in the mix but we also are aware of the rules,i said IF you have breached them and if you have are you saying you should not be deducted the points from that game ??

last week in the deadline thread i posted

http://www.totalrl.c...dline-tomorrow/

if fans are aware of the rules then clubs should be.Its obvious if 4 clubs have brached it then the rules can be open to interpretation, but given that 10 clubs managed to abied by them then its not our fault IF you havent . If the shoe was on the other foot , no doubt you would be saying haven had nothing wrong let them keep the points

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users