• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#21 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,719 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 03:41 PM

FT 36 - 24 and a BP.

I didn't expect that, given our lineup - well done lads.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#22 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 920 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 03:59 PM

Excellent result with the number of players injured.
Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

#23 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,719 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 03:59 PM

42 points and still fifth. I reckon we will finish 6th or 7th and play either Workington or Keighley in the play-offs. If so that last game of the regular season should be interesting.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#24 christheram

christheram
  • Non-Batley
  • 484 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 04:42 PM

Went to fax, played well today, although defence was abit poor at times. Ref was poor but for both teams

#25 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,968 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 06:17 PM

Went to fax, played well today, although defence was abit poor at times. Ref was poor but for both teams

Tackling was dreadful at times and how the heck Hyde gets in the team is beyond me.

#26 christheram

christheram
  • Non-Batley
  • 484 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 06:39 PM

Tackling was dreadful at times and how the heck Hyde gets in the team is beyond me.

probably because we only have 17 fit players

#27 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,968 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 06:46 PM

probably because we only have 17 fit players

I knew someone would say that!

He's been the stand-off from the start of the season. I'm sorry but he offers very little help for Thackeray. Does he have a kicking game? His passing distribution is slow and he hesitates far too much and often gets tackled before he's even released the ball or decided what he's going to do with it. 

#28 9' oller

9' oller
  • Coach
  • 3,647 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 06:53 PM

Be happy you didnt play a bulky back rower at stand off today

The most unfashionable yet over achieving mutts around

#29 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,968 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 07:02 PM

Be happy you didnt play a bulky back rower at stand off today

Didn't know Piggy's Mate turned out for you today  :tease:

#30 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,621 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 07:38 PM

Yes Hyde was poor today but until last couple of games, he has been having a good season. His marking today down the left was very poor. But Our kicking game today was poor especially in the first half, just seemed aimless at times. We were outmuscled upfront not surprisingly given our missing props but the team stuck at it and a very good bonus point in the circumstances. Thought Pryce had a very good game with the ball in hand.

Edited by Wakefield Ram, 04 August 2014 - 06:11 AM.

#31 Crown Flatter

Crown Flatter
  • Coach
  • 1,705 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 07:38 PM

Got to say I am surprised, pleased, but definitely surprised we got a BP. That was through Ryan Wright charging down a kick around our 20 metre line and racing the distance for the line.

We still have that up in the sir and down by the ankles style of passing, which gets us nowhere. As pointed out too, our tackling can be woeful at times; arms length shoulder slapping stops nobody.

It will be interesting to see the highlights as some of Halifax's tries were questionable with obstruction at the forefront for raised eyebrows (more like shouts of derision from some supporters!); one try given when it seemed Fax knocked in and were given the scrum and was the ball stolen illegally with two Halifax players in the attempted tackle? Nothing came of that move.

Still I was pleased with the general performance and it didn't feel too much like a defeat.
Legs, Dews, Legs.

#32 Tom Coates

Tom Coates
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 08:39 AM

Extended highlights: 

#33 Tom Coates

Tom Coates
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 09:27 AM

Match report

#34 Crown Flatter

Crown Flatter
  • Coach
  • 1,705 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 09:53 AM

From those highlights I couldn't see any reason to doubt Halifax's tries. I believe and contrary to some supporters, Morton failed to score and was taken into touch as he was touching down (just short of the line).
Legs, Dews, Legs.

#35 Tom Coates

Tom Coates
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 09:56 AM

From those highlights I couldn't see any reason to doubt Halifax's tries. I believe and contrary to some supporters, Morton failed to score and was taken into touch as he was touching down (just short of the line).

Yes - it was a great piece of defence. Sometimes you have to applaud good play.

Fax's two tries before half-time were great too.

#36 ramsfandan

ramsfandan
  • Players
  • 69 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 03:02 PM

hyde got m.o.m in rugby league express do they watch the games? lol i thought price and wright had good games as well as the usual solid consistent players grady spicer thackeray morton 

#37 christheram

christheram
  • Non-Batley
  • 484 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 03:57 PM

Haha asif!! What match they watch?? Hyde was poor yesterday, defence shocking and attack not much better. Thing is with hydey though is he can do some good stuff on his day and can be a match winner but if the last few weeks are anything to go by, Glenn may release him at end of season

Edited by christheram, 04 August 2014 - 04:00 PM.

#38 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,555 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 08:21 AM

Did not see a bonus point coming.It shows how weve come on regarding spirit etc..Last year we would have folded and lost by 40 or more.Great performance considering,thought Wrighty had a decent game.

#39 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,347 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 01:30 PM

Bonus point! That wer jammy at best even spawny by my reckoning :lol: look a good game tho

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#40 christheram

christheram
  • Non-Batley
  • 484 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 01:58 PM

Not bad considering we'd 3 of our props missing, aizue, Nash and Ewan dowes, plus Wayne Godwin, Aron brown, Greg Scott, callan becket all out too and numerous lads playing out if position with only 17 players to choose from

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users