TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Krishnan Inu off to Stade Francais

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#1 EastLondonMike

EastLondonMike
  • Coach
  • 4,322 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 11:11 AM

Good player. shame to see him leave RL..

http://rugbyleaguewe...u-french-rugby/

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

#2 Tiny Tim

Tiny Tim
  • Coach
  • 7,673 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 04:22 PM

Good player. shame to see him leave RL..

http://rugbyleaguewe...u-french-rugby/

Never heard of him but wish him all the best for making the step up to RU.

#3 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 21,872 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 04:33 PM

Correct name Krisnan, not Krishnan, but a good player, good goalkicker, but a little inconsistent over his career. Plays a bit off-the-cuff at times, which may not suit his new career, though. 

Picked for New Zealand after 1 NRL appearance, trivia fans!

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#4 wackojacko

wackojacko
  • Coach
  • 300 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 05:03 PM

Yeah, nice to see a fringe player get a chance for a game-time at a lower level...

#5 Bob8

Bob8
  • Coach
  • 9,616 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 07:31 PM

Hopefully, he will be ready to play in major rugby matches in the future.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

”I am all for expansion but not to start and string the teams all over the place” – stewpot01 – 11 July 2014

"2013 is on course to be one of the most disastrous in its history." - Creditwhereitsdews - 2nd January 2013

#6 Copa

Copa
  • Coach
  • 6,421 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 07:38 PM

Very inconsistent of late and hasn't made many first grade appearances this season.

Known for his "fangs" mouth guard.

#7 Railway End

Railway End
  • Coach
  • 664 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 08:20 PM

A rocks and diamonds sort of player who had struggled to get some game for the Bulldogs this year. Can be brilliant at times then 2 minutes later come up with schoolboy clangers.

Every club he's been at seem to have questioned his attitude and application even though his talent is not in doubt.

I assume he will not be turning out for Samoa in the 4 Nations then?

"Rugby League is rugby in the simplest form in the sense that it's about great defence, great tackling technique, good handling, good passing, catching and great kicking."

Stuart Lancaster - England Rugby Union Head Coach - October 2013

#8 Tiny Tim

Tiny Tim
  • Coach
  • 7,673 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 10:03 PM

Yeah, nice to see a fringe player get a chance for a game-time at a lower level...

Agree he will get a run out with the lower sides at the club but possibly he may eventually make the 1st team at Stade. Hopefully coming from a top NRL club he has a few basic skills to build on.

#9 Lounge Room Lizard

Lounge Room Lizard
  • Coach
  • 6,574 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 04:46 AM

A very lazy player who is good when he wants to be which is not that often. Should go OK in Union where you dont run and do that much work especially in the backs. Very much a fringe player the past few seasons.

#10 Tiny Tim

Tiny Tim
  • Coach
  • 7,673 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 08:53 AM

A very lazy player who is good when he wants to be which is not that often. Should go OK in Union where you dont run and do that much work especially in the backs. Very much a fringe player the past few seasons.

It's always good to see a player from the top RL competition want to test himself at RU to see if he is good enough.

#11 Copa

Copa
  • Coach
  • 6,421 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 09:10 AM

It's always good to see a player from the top RL competition want to test himself at RU to see if he is good enough.

he has been playing a lot of new south wales cup games. That's the 3rd best competition in Australia.

#12 Bob8

Bob8
  • Coach
  • 9,616 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 09:25 AM

Presumably he played rugby as a schoolboy and this is a great oppotunity to fulfill his boyhood ambition to play top level rugby.  It is rather heart warming.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

”I am all for expansion but not to start and string the teams all over the place” – stewpot01 – 11 July 2014

"2013 is on course to be one of the most disastrous in its history." - Creditwhereitsdews - 2nd January 2013

#13 kier

kier
  • Coach
  • 766 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 09:40 AM

He was considered to be lazy while at the NZ Warriors a few years ago.......that takes some doing.......

When "on" he was amazing.  

When he couldn't be arsed he was more than a liability - he'd destroy the entire team's effort.

I wasn't sad to see him go from The warriors and I suspect Dogs fans can't be that concerned either.  A great talent - but attached to an individual with a work ethic that can't take advantage of it.

www.fatalerror.co.nz - A Musical by Lattimer & McRae

#14 MrPosh

MrPosh
  • Coach
  • 3,270 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 12:01 PM

I have to hand it to you TT, you're having a really good bash at this one.

People called Romans they go the house

#15 walter sobchak

walter sobchak
  • Coach
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 12:03 PM

No big loss IMO, he was no where near NZ test selection and I believe he was in and out of the bulldogs first team. That said when he first burst onto the scene a few years back I thought he was the going to be one of the NRL's next "sensation" having made his test debut for NZ against Australia before his eels debut.

#16 Bob8

Bob8
  • Coach
  • 9,616 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 12:07 PM

He would not be the first player to correct his lifestyle and attitude once in the environs of rugby union.  Jason Robinson springs to mind.

#17 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 6,041 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 01:35 PM

He would not be the first player to correct his lifestyle and attitude once in the environs of rugby union.  Jason Robinson springs to mind.

Jason Robinson was a world class, top level RL player, not a fringe player. He would not have been in that particular Wigan team if he were not.

#18 Bob8

Bob8
  • Coach
  • 9,616 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 01:45 PM

Jason Robinson was a world class, top level RL player, not a fringe player. He would not have been in that particular Wigan team if he were not.

Sheffield Eagles ahd exposed his all too apparent weaknesses in teh Challenge Cup final.  It took rugby union to make him a great player.

#19 MrPosh

MrPosh
  • Coach
  • 3,270 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 01:51 PM

Sheffield Eagles ahd exposed his all too apparent weaknesses in teh Challenge Cup final.  It took rugby union to make him a great player.

I will respectfully disagree.

It took 90% poorer defences to make him look even greater.

Edited by MrPosh, 01 August 2014 - 01:51 PM.

People called Romans they go the house

#20 Bob8

Bob8
  • Coach
  • 9,616 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 02:05 PM

This trolling is quite fun, even if I am not very successful!

;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users