Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

stack

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 Pink panther

Pink panther
  • Players
  • 54 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 05:19 PM

Any news if stack is playing Sunday really hope he is we need our leader out there

#2 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,013 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 05:20 PM

Any news of Stack , period .

#3 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,554 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 05:27 PM

Calm down people, we will all find about 2.45pm on Sunday.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#4 Townie123

Townie123
  • Coach
  • 177 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 09:39 PM

I'm sorry - he needs to be playing

#5 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,554 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 09:27 AM

If the games preview is anything to go by then stack won't be playing. Under the captains it lists Matty as ours, and under 2nd rowers the profile is of Brett, where as I'm sure it would normally be stacky, I don't think well see him again this year.

#6 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,013 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 11:22 AM

There is life outside rugby , fine . All we want is to be told something . The last two or three weeks have been not good on the communication front , in my opinion . Especially given his re-signing . Been poor form really

Edited by DavidM, 01 August 2014 - 11:24 AM.

#7 Townie123

Townie123
  • Coach
  • 177 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 03:30 PM

I honestly don't know what I think about this

#8 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,013 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 03:35 PM

I get peeved that the people who pay their hard earned at the gates , to watch our top gun for one, get treat with disdain . Turn up , ask nowt .

#9 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,554 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 04:10 PM

Sssssshhhhh David. You know you'll get bombarded with pm's for saying anything slightly negative.

#10 Alineden

Alineden
  • Players
  • 32 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 04:10 PM

First of all I have to say communication between the club and the fans is unacceptable. I'm sure we all feel the same way about that. But on this occasion, regarding Stacky, I can understand the secrecy about if he's playing or not. I'm sure the Haven coaches and team are as keen to know this as much as we are. If they knew he wasn't playing would it give them a bit of a boost in their preparations for this game and at the same time if they find out just before KO on Sunday that he is playing will that put a bit of a dent in their confidence. Yes generally communication is bad but remember we have a very smart coach now who will look at every detail in order to try and give us any kind of edge. Be patient as I'm sure there's a reason why we've not been told.

#11 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,554 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 04:12 PM

It's not like were being let into any big secret though, I'm sure north wales or Rochdale could of cared less if he was playing or not.

Edited by wonky, 01 August 2014 - 04:14 PM.

#12 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,013 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 04:16 PM

I've always thought ' the opposition team ' thing is an old chestnut personally . Maybe it's more important to keep your own fans sweet anyway . And all these clubs will pick things up through places like these ! It's the jump from the hyped excitement of a re-signing and total focus on him , to not a word or sight of him , especially after he was ever present , that has been bizarre . As ever, I think some sort of communication soothes things down , engenders understanding , and we move on , whether content or not ? But if there is an underlying reasoning , well then we'll have to be forgiven for speaking in ignorance

Edited by DavidM, 01 August 2014 - 04:19 PM.

#13 TrueBlue

TrueBlue
  • Players
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 05:41 PM

I think your all taking it a bit far he's a good player but there are several lads who do a top job when he's out! We are a team n I have t say a top 1 at the minute on form so who ever plays will give there all... So less of the negative attitude & we get behind 1-17! Who ever they may be

#14 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 06:04 PM

There isn't much between the Phillips/Stack partnership and the Phillips/Szostak partnership

#15 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,554 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 06:13 PM

There isn't much between the Phillips/Stack partnership and the Phillips/Szostak partnership

quite a few tries I would say. Alex is the best defender out of the 3, but stack and Brett will definitely notch you more tries. But I think everyone would want all 3 on the pitch with stack at centre. True blue no ones being negative at all, people are just curious if one of the best players in the league will be playing for us.

#16 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 06:40 PM

Most of Jarrads tries this season have been from centre

#17 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,013 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 06:53 PM

Both him and Karl are talismanic figures you need in local derbys . We've got three games at home instrumental in the club's future .

Edited by DavidM, 01 August 2014 - 06:55 PM.

#18 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 07:01 PM

But if he isn't playing we need to forget about it and look at the positives

#19 Townie123

Townie123
  • Coach
  • 177 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 08:07 PM

He needs to play for me end of - I've never heard anything like it - signs a 4 year deal and disappears - he's the club captain and we need him ... It's important for the clubs future.

#20 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,990 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 08:52 PM

He needs to play for me end of - I've never heard anything like it - signs a 4 year deal and disappears - he's the club captain and we need him ... It's important for the clubs future.

would love to have him playing and the silence isn't good but let's face it that it's no secret the man is starting a new job soon and he can't afford to get injured. He has given great service to town and has pledged his future to town and to be realistic we are not safe yet and he has still signed a 4 yr deal. Many think if one WC team goes down the other will pick the better players off them but despite that JS has demonstrated his commitment to town already.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users