TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

stack

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,454 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 08:57 PM

would love to have him playing and the silence isn't good but let's face it that it's no secret the man is starting a new job soon and he can't afford to get injured. He has given great service to town and has pledged his future to town and to be realistic we are not safe yet and he has still signed a 4 yr deal. Many think if one WC team goes down the other will pick the better players off them but despite that JS has demonstrated his commitment to town already.

So would I if I was offered 4 years when I didn't know how often I'd be able to play!

#22 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,349 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 09:03 PM

But it all does seem a secret , that's the point ! Anyway , unofficially , seems like we move on

#23 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 09:12 PM

But it all does seem a secret , that's the point ! Anyway , unofficially , seems like we move on

agreed David. A quick statement to say due to work commitments there would be no more JS this season would have been good.

#24 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,703 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 11:11 AM

Stack confirmed as missing, and the 4 Wigan regulars are up. That's all we wanted to know, no mention of olstrum missing out so he could be back.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#25 rockerlad

rockerlad
  • Coach
  • 599 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 01:06 PM

I heard Karl is out for the season ankle injury.
Could be wrong mins you.

#26 troutmaster

troutmaster
  • 897 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 04:41 PM

I heard Karl is out for the season ankle injury.
Could be wrong mins you.

Karl trained tues & thursday and was asked if he was fit to play on sunday.Karl will have trained today but i do not know if he got an injury today,so,our friend Rockerlad might be right but lets hope not.
Posted Image

#27 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,454 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 01:57 AM

Big letdown if Stack CHOOSES not to play but we haven't missed him the last 4

#28 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,110 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 07:21 AM

Surely nobody can call Jarred's loyalty and integrity to the club into question. Since his arrival he has been nothing but fantastic for Town on and off the pitch. He has put his hand up and played while injured and stuck by us when he has had other offers elsewhere.
It's time to cut the lad some slack, he is fairly newly married and will probably want to start a family. Trying to plan for the future when the main source of income is a professional sportsmans wage must be a nightmare when at any given moment an injury could mean career over, then who pays the mortgage? I think it's even hard to get credit if your main source of income is as a sportsman.
It is great news for the club if he has got a well paid local job and signed a long term contract, and if the lad has to miss a couple off matches then it's not the end of the world once you look at the bigger picture.
He won't be one of our development employees anymore so it also opens the door to get another top class player in that might otherwise be out of our reach.
Going by others who I know who have the same job as Jarred I don't think it's too difficult to get a shift swap as they never seem to be at work!

Edited by The Voodooguru, 03 August 2014 - 07:26 AM.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#29 Townie123

Townie123
  • Coach
  • 252 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 07:45 AM

If he can't play tho where does that leave us ? If it was a squad player then so be it... But he's arguably our best player ... Didn't he miss the welsh game at home due to a wedding ? We need him playing end of I'm afraid - yes future is important and I'm not questioning his commitment to town we just need him playing .. What if we hadn't signed stozak ? I think a few of you would be thinking differently then

#30 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,703 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 08:17 AM

Your talking rubbish. Stack would play if he could, its as simple as that. He's town through and through and loves the club as much as we do. Let's stop spouting ****e now.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#31 Ginock1

Ginock1
  • Players
  • 67 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 08:40 AM

Agreed, stack is unique, not many people move across the world and commit 10 years to one club, turn down offers and lead the team thru lets face it some of the most depressing periods of our existence,once he completed his training he will be available , as wonky says lets stop this s###e right now, it's pathetic

#32 bomberisgod

bomberisgod
  • Coach
  • 166 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 08:56 AM

Lets have a bit of positive energy and stop moaning.

#33 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,454 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 09:25 AM

UP THE TOWN!

#34 troutmaster

troutmaster
  • 897 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 04:39 PM

Big letdown if Stack CHOOSES not to play but we haven't missed him the last 4

If Jarrad WAS allowed to play he would crawl on his knees to make the game,Jarrad is just in the same situation has young Smith the haven hooker and he was away for 4 months training for his new job at sellafield.I believe Jarrad will not be allowed to play for fear he gets an injury which would put Jarrad back onto the next course available for him to complete his training,We must give big raps to the other boys in the team for doing without Jarrad who is in my opinion the leader when on the field when playing,So the lads will have to do without Jarrad for this season but,will be back to play next year.I think it is time to put this to bed and for Jarrad to do his new job and we should all look forward to seeing him in our blue and white for a few years.
Posted Image

#35 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,349 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 04:52 PM

Well said Barry. Now that we've had an official word , time to move on for now . He's a trooper for us .

#36 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 8,099 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 04:59 PM

Yes let's this one lie now, I'm sure Jarred is as gutted as all of us that he won't be playing again this season but it'll be like having a new player next season and he will be raring to go.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users