Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Dual-registration inquiry

• Please log in to reply
143 replies to this topic

#1 Tom Coates

Tom Coates
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 05:52 PM

Sam Wood dual-registration statement

Edited by Tom Coates, 06 August 2014 - 04:23 PM.

#2 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,472 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 06:11 PM

Thanks for that Tom (and Mark). It sounds to me as if we have done everything by the book and the RFL are just "making sure". Let's hope that this is the case.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#3 Crown Flatter

Crown Flatter
  • Coach
  • 1,693 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 06:16 PM

I hate dual registration; in this case helping a rival club to develop their player and possibly be punished for it!
Legs, Dews, Legs.

#4 graham fisher

graham fisher
  • Coach
  • 443 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 06:20 PM

Can't see a problem,we seem to have done everything by the book hopefully!! Let's hope the RFL see it the same way!

#5 JimbobRam

JimbobRam
  • Coach
  • 408 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 06:23 PM

Looks like we've done it by the book. Bet the rfl find a excuse to punish us though.

#6 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,472 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 06:24 PM

Looks like we've done it by the book. Bet the rfl find a excuse to punish us though.

Why do you think that?

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#7 JimbobRam

JimbobRam
  • Coach
  • 408 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 06:25 PM

Cause there corrupt

#8 Burnley Ram

Burnley Ram
  • Players
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 06:30 PM

Thanks to Mark for such an early statement.
It looks as though we have met the RFL requirements and lets hope that
it all ends well.

#9 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,472 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 06:54 PM

Cause there corrupt

The laws of libel apply equally to the internet you know?

Now in what way specifically are they corrupt and what examples can you give?

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#10 Netherton Ram

Netherton Ram
  • Coach
  • 466 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 06:57 PM

The laws of libel apply equally to the internet you know?

Now in what way specifically are they corrupt and what examples can you give?

Maybe, not corrupt BSJ, but we all know they do make questionable and stupid decisions from time to time. I do not have the time or the paper stock to list such examples  ;)

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

#11 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 972 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 07:11 PM

Looking at the statement, can't see us having any problems, we have done everything by the book,kept within the required rules needed, informed the rfl.Finally thanks to Mark and Tom for getting this statement out so soon and keeping us informed.

#12 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,472 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 07:40 PM

Maybe, not corrupt BSJ, but we all know they do make questionable and stupid decisions from time to time. I do not have the time or the paper stock to list such examples  ;)

Do you think this investigation is either questionable or stupid then NR?

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#13 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,804 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 11:43 AM

So he only played 2 games prior to the deadline, whichg made him inelligible to play after the deadline against Barrow as he needed to have played in 3 before the deadline to qualify.

It looks pretty cut and dry to me - we are still awaiting full confirmation of the situation regarding Jacob Fairbank but seems to be pretty similar.

It is strange how 4 clubs have fallen foul of this though, makes you wonder if its a clanger by the RFL as opposed to the clubs themselves.

Looks like it could potentially be a straight heavy woollen shoot out to stay up if we both get points deducted - the game at the Mount on the 17th could be the most important derby in years.

What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#14 christheram

christheram
  • Non-Batley
  • 401 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 11:46 AM

But woods fine because he earns less than 20k a year according to the paper work we have from the bulls? Thought it was only squad players earning more then 20k a year who had to play 3 minimum games?

Edited by christheram, 01 August 2014 - 11:47 AM.

#15 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,804 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 12:19 PM

But woods fine because he earns less than 20k a year according to the paper work we have from the bulls? Thought it was only squad players earning more then 20k a year who had to play 3 minimum games?

I think the 3 game rule applies regardless of the cap value.

Stand to be corrected though.
What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#16 Netherton Ram

Netherton Ram
  • Coach
  • 466 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 12:34 PM

The 3 game rule only applies if the player is on 20K or more a year.

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

#17 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,472 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 12:41 PM

The 3 game rule only applies if the player is on 20K or more a year.

Strictly, if the player has a salary cap valuation of £20k+.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#18 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,852 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 12:45 PM

The problem is though that people are talking about a players earnings being £20,000 but that figure as stated in the Operational Rules is not what he earns but what his salary cap VALUE is and that includes all sorts of other things such as agents fees, etc.    So as I read that a player could be on say £18k but his SCV (salary cap value) could be over £20k with additions that are specified in the Operational Rules (E:1:5:1).    Another problem for clubs is that all the different parts of the dual register system are spread out through all the Operational rules instead of being in one place.

Edited by Keith T, 01 August 2014 - 12:50 PM.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#19 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,014 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 12:51 PM

The more I see and read between the lines of official statements I don't think anything is going to come of this

#20 John North

John North
  • Coach
  • 1,542 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 01:31 PM

Mark seemed to be pretty confident that there is no case to answer, but I have to agree with KeithT. why have such a convoluted calculation process.

"Salary Cap Valuation" - Only the RFL could invent something this ambiguous.

Red Amber Black - Its that simple

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users