Dual-registration inquiry

• Please log in to reply
143 replies to this topic

#21 LeeF

LeeF
  • Coach
  • 850 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 02:45 PM

But woods fine because he earns less than 20k a year according to the paper work we have from the bulls? Thought it was only squad players earning more then 20k a year who had to play 3 minimum games?

That's my understanding

#22 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,719 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 04:40 PM

Mark seemed to be pretty confident that there is no case to answer, but I have to agree with KeithT. why have such a convoluted calculation process.

"Salary Cap Valuation" - Only the RFL could invent something this ambiguous.

Not really John. The "salary cap valuation" is designed for calculation of the SC in SL in order to prevent the clubs trying to dance rings around the SC by only including salaries whilst excluding a myriad of other benefits. It was brought in because some SL clubs were refusing to abide by the spirit of the regulations, only abiding by the letter of the rules. Its use in these DR rules was intended to persuade SL clubs not to use DR for getting main squad players back up to fitness. Essentially, rules and SL clubs don't sit well together and, as usual, Championship club or clubs look likely to bear the brunt of it.

Yet another reason to ditch DR but that will only happen if the SL clubs want it to.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#23 graham fisher

graham fisher
  • Coach
  • 546 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 05:36 AM

According to banter page it only mentions batley,does this mean we're in the clear?? Then Kevin Nicholas made statement on their forum says the RFL will make a decision by end of next week whether they'll be charged,plus Fairbank will not be playing this weekend due to issues with giants,our team selection will be interesting!!!

#24 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,555 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 09:43 AM

According to banter page it only mentions batley,does this mean we're in the clear?? Then Kevin Nicholas made statement on their forum says the RFL will make a decision by end of next week whether they'll be charged,plus Fairbank will not be playing this weekend due to issues with giants,our team selection will be interesting!!!

Were deffo in the clear .Batley well its not looking good. The lads being recalled so he was clearly a d/r.Otherwise he would have had to stay for a 28 day sentence.Salary aside he was signed after deadline day and reading between the lines the Dogs i/c knew this.

#25 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,719 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 10:53 AM

Were deffo in the clear .Batley well its not looking good. The lads being recalled so he was clearly a d/r.Otherwise he would have had to stay for a 28 day sentence.Salary aside he was signed after deadline day and reading between the lines the Dogs i/c knew this.

You keep saying that he is on loan Equaliser. He isn't, he is on DR as it says in MS's statement, so we cannot be completely assured that we are in the clear until this has been ratified by the RFL.

According to press claims the focus is currently upon Batley but that isn't to say that other clubs might not also be involved. Let's not count our chickens just yet.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#26 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,858 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 12:42 PM

Well I suppose a 6 point deduction would be in order

Dear Santa

;)

#27 graham fisher

graham fisher
  • Coach
  • 546 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 01:17 PM

Does anybody know whether wood is playing today?

#28 legin

legin
  • Players
  • 85 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 01:31 PM

Graham ; 

Sam is on team sheet in centre today  ...

N

#29 christheram

christheram
  • Non-Batley
  • 487 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 04:40 PM

Played today so we are ok

#30 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 922 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 04:43 PM

You and the rest of us hope. I'll wait for the RFL.
Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

#31 christheram

christheram
  • Non-Batley
  • 487 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 06:40 PM

We must be ok, other wise we wouldn't have played him agsin

#32 weighman

weighman
  • Coach
  • 202 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 06:51 PM

Why were you being investigated then ?

#33 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 922 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 07:22 PM

We must be ok, other wise we wouldn't have played him agsin

I would hope so , we will find out more next week.
Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

#34 christheram

christheram
  • Non-Batley
  • 487 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 08:10 PM

Why were you being investigated then ?

read our chairmans statement, by the sounds of it we did everything correct with Sam wood. If he wasn't allowed to play and was in eligible we wouldn't have played him today

#35 Wilsden Ram

Wilsden Ram
  • Coach
  • 244 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 08:54 AM

He is now on loan until the end of the Season

#36 christheram

christheram
  • Non-Batley
  • 487 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 11:01 AM

But I thought transfer deadline day was 2 week ago?

#37 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,719 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 12:03 PM

He is now on loan until the end of the Season

This is a bit confusing WR (and also possibly immaterial) but Mark's statement referred only to a DR deal and now you say it is a loan. Which is it, please?

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#38 christheram

christheram
  • Non-Batley
  • 487 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 02:27 PM

Maybe an emergency loan due to the injuries? Obviously the rfl would have to give us the nod after transfer deadline day. I did note on the team sheets at fax Sam woods name read loan and not dual

#39 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,719 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 02:32 PM

Maybe an emergency loan due to the injuries? Obviously the rfl would have to give us the nod after transfer deadline day. I did note on the team sheets at fax Sam woods name read loan and not dual

Do you make these up as you go along Chris?

:tongue:

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#40 Tom Coates

Tom Coates
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 02:34 PM

I have a feeling this might have been done before the deadline and it's just not been communicated. I'll get this clarified for everyone tonight.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users