bobbie goulding

• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

#1 liam12

liam12
  • Twitter
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 10:59 PM

So sorry my boys tonight @BarrowRaiders things like that shouldn't happen.It wouldn't happen at SL club so it won't be happening to my boys.

Posted this on twitter Thursday night anybody know what he is on about

#2 walneyite

walneyite
  • Coach
  • 751 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 06:51 AM

Followed by ; @Goulding7: Little things make the big picture believe me you can't put chimney on a house if foundations are not solid.

Guess the rumour mill will fly around now......
A negative mind will never give a positive life....... ;-)

#3 alba

alba
  • Coach
  • 225 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 10:23 AM

The fans including me have stuck with this club through good times and bad times, even this disastrous year, but what I will not put up with is being taken for granted, the BOD state they want Bobby Goulding long term, Bobby Goulding states  he wants a long term contract, then doubts start up and nobody knows what the h*ll is going on, I think a bit of positive news is long overdue, or fans will say enough's enough, and will pack it in, get it sorted prompt, including the clubs finacial position.

Edited by alba, 02 August 2014 - 10:43 AM.

#4 Flaming balls

Flaming balls
  • Coach
  • 593 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 10:29 AM

They both want a long term deal.... But the deal has to be right for "Both" parties and will take some ironing out.

Edited by Flaming balls, 02 August 2014 - 10:29 AM.

#5 alba

alba
  • Coach
  • 225 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 10:46 AM

They both want a long term deal.... But the deal has to be right for "Both" parties and will take some ironing out.

See what comes up next week on both counts, I was positive till I read the Mail, something's not right.

#6 lifer

lifer
  • Coach
  • 292 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 11:00 AM

Why? what was said in the Mail???

#7 Michael Ashton

Michael Ashton
  • Coach
  • 5,575 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 11:14 AM

It is a very strange report. He spent a great deal of time in mentioning on 'the little things' but would not elaborate. I think everybody must be patient and attend the AGM.

Posted Image

#8 alba

alba
  • Coach
  • 225 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 11:53 AM

I agree we will be patient, can anybody attend the AGM?. As a fan, I will say what the local players have said, great club, great fans, but will have to weigh up all my options for next year, including a possible move up the coast.

#9 Michael Ashton

Michael Ashton
  • Coach
  • 5,575 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 01:17 PM

The AGM has only been attended by debenture holders in the past. I think this is still the case.

Posted Image

#10 alba

alba
  • Coach
  • 225 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 01:31 PM

The AGM has only been attended by debenture holders in the past. I think this is still the case.

Thanks, rant over

#11 mjc

mjc
  • Coach
  • 305 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 03:19 PM

Thanks, rant over

I don't think your ranting m8 !  you are right we have to be patient but I personally think anyone who pays week in week to watch the team in this dark time should have the right if they choose to go to the AGM and find out for themselves what is actually happening at the club and where their hard earned money is going . rant over lol

Edited by mjc, 02 August 2014 - 03:36 PM.

#12 alba

alba
  • Coach
  • 225 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 03:44 PM

A rant now and then, helps no matter what sport you follow.

• mjc likes this

#13 Michael Ashton

Michael Ashton
  • Coach
  • 5,575 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 03:48 PM

Not at all mjc. Barrow rugby league club is a limited company and the members are the debenture holders. They are the ones that effectively own the Club. You would not be allowed to attend BAE AGM without being a shareholder. It's very easy to get debenture holders just speak to the secretary or contact the Rugby Shop.

Posted Image

#14 mjc

mjc
  • Coach
  • 305 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 03:56 PM

Not at all mjc. Barrow rugby league club is a limited company and the members are the debenture holders. They are the ones that effectively own the Club. You would not be allowed to attend BAE AGM without being a shareholder. It's very easy to get debenture holders just speak to the secretary or contact the Rugby Shop.

cheers mate , I just get on my soap box sometimes lol

#15 D11

D11
  • Coach
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 04:35 PM

2009 and 2010 were dark times at the club with little information coming back to the fans and debenture holders and many guessing what was going on. The BoD in 2011 was placed by the voting rights of the debenture holders (some with over 20,000 votes to use). The statement at the time from the new BoD was that the new BoD would be open and honest with the fans and debenture holders.

As with any politics those put in the hot seat very rarely advertise bad news or the total truth as its easier to state what people want to hear.

"we all make mistakes that's why they put rubbers on pencils"

#16 mjc

mjc
  • Coach
  • 305 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 04:53 PM

I was referring to dark days on the pitch and I wont get at the BOD because I think its thankless job , I just thought if supporters where interested enough it might be nice if they could attend the AGM  and listen to what was said , I now know thanks to Michael that's just not poss

#17 richie keay

richie keay

Tipping Comp Winner

• Coach
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 05:21 PM

The fans including me have stuck with this club through good times and bad times, even this disastrous year, but what I will not put up with is being taken for granted, the BOD state they want Bobby Goulding long term, Bobby Goulding states  he wants a long term contract, then doubts start up and nobody knows what the h*ll is going on, I think a bit of positive news is long overdue, or fans will say enough's enough, and will pack it in, get it sorted prompt, including the clubs finacial position.

Alba this is the best post I have read on here for a while, you like me and many other Raiders fans I believe have been sold well short this season, and are becoming totally disillusioned with goings on at Craven Park both on and off the field. We were asked to join the new Lotto at the start of the season which many fans have done, maybe not as many as the club had hoped for. The club marketed the 18th man shirts which appear to be a fantastic money spinner for the club. We sold and bought thousands of tickets towards the new floodlights. On top of this we buy season tickets, support the gold rush, buy half time tickets when we enter the ground and support the development fund. And what have we been given in return this season, relegation with 6 games still remaining.

I know the Bod have got a thankless task, and I wouldn't wish the job on my worse enemy, but the average fan deserve better than this.

That's my rant over.

Edited by richie keay, 02 August 2014 - 05:28 PM.

Posted Image

#18 alba

alba
  • Coach
  • 225 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 06:41 PM

Thanks Richie, I'm usually very positive, even this year, I've been embarrassed by the way things have gone, but encouraged by reports, we would be out of debt, plans being made for next year, Directors and coach pulling in same direction, plans for academy team, possibly an "A" team, then the report in the Mail, seems to squash all that. I know there will be a reduction in fans next year, but if the BOD, and coach muck this up, there will be mass exodus, all we are asking them is to be honest with what is happening, the club is more important than any one individual.

alan athersmith

Edited by alba, 02 August 2014 - 06:43 PM.

#19 baldy2

baldy2
  • Coach
  • 100 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 07:07 PM

Just out of intrest who is on the board exactly ,at one time there was every man and is dog , but over aperiod of time i seem to recall this man left and that man left , so just how many are there and who are they ?

#20 D11

D11
  • Coach
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 07:35 PM

In 2011 the Director of Rugby carried out the negotiation with the Coach and players. Seems like the club has one man doing decisions ,deals, and finance.

"we all make mistakes that's why they put rubbers on pencils"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users