TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

bobbie goulding

• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

#41 Baaarrow

Baaarrow
  • Coach
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 09:52 PM

Bobbie to be offered a new contract according to Evening Mail

Posted Image

#42 Flaming balls

Flaming balls
  • Coach
  • 600 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 05:51 AM

He's been offered. Waiting on reply.....

#43 Alias

Alias
  • Coach
  • 247 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 07:26 AM

I'm sad to say I have declined the contract offer from @BarrowRaiders .This job needs fulltime coach/manager to move club forward #sorry

This of twitter just now.

#44 Bearman

Bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,623 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 08:15 AM

Wow!
So will the "local coach" that people have been asking for step forward?
Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

#45 walneyite

walneyite
  • Coach
  • 751 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 08:24 AM

Back to the drawing board. !
A negative mind will never give a positive life....... ;-)

#46 blue forever

blue forever
  • Coach
  • 1,004 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 10:26 AM

I'm sad to say I have declined the contract offer from @BarrowRaiders .This job needs fulltime coach/manager to move club forward #sorry

This of twitter just now.

Cant help but think good!

Perhaps the focus can get back to the team/club rather than one man and his big ego.

I dont want to join the army...

Posted Image

#47 Red Stripe

Red Stripe
  • Coach
  • 994 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 10:43 AM

Oh ######! :(

Mike Liversedge

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

#48 richie keay

richie keay

Tipping Comp Winner

• Coach
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 11:23 AM

Perhaps the focus can get back to the team/club rather than one man and his big ego.

There's no way the 3rd tier of Rugby league merits a full time coach. Time to start looking for a replacement now, my preferred choice would be Gary Broadbent, done an absolutely fantastic job at Walney, and would command respect of the dressing room, going forward. 

Posted Image

#49 blue forever

blue forever
  • Coach
  • 1,004 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 11:27 AM

There's no way the 3rd tier of Rugby league merits a full time coach. Time to start looking for a replacement now, my preferred choice would be Gary Broadbent, done an absolutely fantastic job at Walney, and would command respect of the dressing room, going forward. 

Cresta, Broadbent or Gary Charlton for me

Posted Image

#50 Bearman

Bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,623 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 11:39 AM

According to the Evening Mail, he will still be in charge until the end of the season.
I think that would be a mistake
If he is leaving he should go straight away and let Phil and Dean stand in until the new man is appointed.
If Cresta doesn't want the job I'd be happy to see Gary Broadbent in the role. Charlton has proved he can coach at next seasons level too.
Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

#51 Flaming balls

Flaming balls
  • Coach
  • 600 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 12:01 PM

I'm not keen on the Charlo idea. I don't think the Bobbie deal is as dead in the water as it probably looks.

#52 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,714 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 12:08 PM

I'm not keen on the Charlo idea. I don't think the Bobbie deal is as dead in the water as it probably looks.

problem with charlo is he's always been a joint head coach with oggy, who isn't interested in coaching again. Completely different job if he's solely in charge. Could never understand why you's went with goulding in the 1st place, no real credentials and better coaches locally. Hope you's get the right man to turn your club around.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#53 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 12:56 PM

Broadbent would be a good choice for me.

Will instantly command respect off players and would at least be local and would be great in terms of staying close to the ameteur game.

Natural leader also and he comes across as a guy who will have everyone disciplined. Not sure if he would want the job though.

#54 Michael Ashton

Michael Ashton
  • Coach
  • 5,580 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 01:21 PM

Not quite sure what you mean Jamie. What we would not want is the Club being held to ransom.

Posted Image

#55 Flaming balls

Flaming balls
  • Coach
  • 600 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 01:32 PM

Not quite sure what you mean Jamie. What we would not want is the Club being held to ransom.

Just wonder if it would be the Clubs final offer if they actually want to keep him as much as they made out.

That's all mike.

#56 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,071 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 01:45 PM

Ridiculous statement. How on earth does he expect Barrow to fund a full-time coach - not that it's necessary anyway?

Posted Image

#57 blue forever

blue forever
  • Coach
  • 1,004 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 03:27 PM

Ridiculous statement. How on earth does he expect Barrow to fund a full-time coach - not that it's necessary anyway?

Think you've misunderstood me. I think its good that we don't stick with Goulding and his full time demands. We need to get back to it all being about Barrow Raiders, not all about Bobbie Goulding as it has been since he was appointed.

Posted Image

#58 livo

livo
  • Coach
  • 888 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 03:33 PM

Don't really know him as a person. Never really met him but the results speak for themselves. If I was Bobby I would of snapped another contract up. Gonna be quite hard for him to get anywhere else.

What I am pleased about is the BOD sticking to there guns and not bowing down to peoples demands. Puts a smile on my face.

FACEBOOK PAGE: Barrow raiders Bar. Follow for promotions and up to date events.

#59 bangbang

bangbang
  • Coach
  • 534 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 04:31 PM

If I was David Sharpe I would be parked outside Cresta's house asking him what it would take to have him back as coach.

Cresta & Charlo are good friends so why not approach as duo, both guys know the local seen very well.
Rip the bludgers heads off!

#60 mjc

mjc
  • Coach
  • 305 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 05:29 PM

I was In formed the other day by one of my friends who had spoken to cresta that if barrow approached him he would like the job

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users