Photo
* * * * - 2 votes

22/08/14 | London Skolars v Hunslet Hawks | 7.30pm | Friday Night Lights

eve of challenge cup 22nd Aug masters beer festival junior games Beer festival masters juniors skolars v hunslet 22 aug 7.30

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#41 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 728 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 04:04 PM

Just home from a weekend down in London and nursing a very sore head. Friday Night Lights was fantastic fun and its great to meet the various clubs that turn up and old friends from London. Thanks to everyone who looked after us, put on the games, cooked and served beer to the North Wales Crusaders formation drinking team. We had a blast. Oh! and the Challenge cup wasn't bad either!

#42 EssexRL

EssexRL
  • Coach
  • 133 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 06:55 PM

Absolutely and that is why I know that attendance
is a pure fantasy.
Pretending everything, particularly in develoment areas, is all rosy in the garden is a joke.
Crowds in Championship one are doubled quite often Oxford. South Wales and Gloucester spring to mind. Some of Hunslets home crowds are often suspiciously high.

Were you at the same game? Yes crowds are low and thats a problem. We have had an average around 400 this season. Friday was a one off but the crowd figure is right. Donkey Lane is a big ground and there were lots of people there. Actually there were more there than the official attendance. ETFC people said it was the most they had seen.

The match had nothing to do with expansion. As a southerner and the seven people who came with me were the minority. The place was full of people down for the CC like last year (when we had 1200) but you know it was a great night, a celebration of RL and thanks to everyone who came along...

Edited by EssexRL, 24 August 2014 - 07:07 PM.

London Skolars

#43 EssexRL

EssexRL
  • Coach
  • 133 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 06:56 PM

Just home from a weekend down in London and nursing a very sore head. Friday Night Lights was fantastic fun and its great to meet the various clubs that turn up and old friends from London. Thanks to everyone who looked after us, put on the games, cooked and served beer to the North Wales Crusaders formation drinking team. We had a blast. Oh! and the Challenge cup wasn't bad either!

I am still nursing my head from your shirts! :-)

Loved the singing in the bar at the end.
London Skolars

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users