Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

pick your 17.

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#41 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,553 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 08:21 AM

We still need stack and olstrom in ...

Their pack bossed us at the wreck and as bad as we played we could have won the game - haven are a confidence side - couple of early tries could see them wilt... Will the gypsies really want it ?

I can remember after the last game them jumping for joy on the hooter - fair play to them - but one player who took it a bit far was James Newton ... Never rated him...someone snotter the little ######

yep we all noticed newtons way over the top celebration. Likes of Calvert then fair do's as there haven through and through, but you would think Newton had just won the challenge cup for his boyhood club. Maybe it was because town deemed him not good enough to sign, and let's all be honest haven wouldn't have wanted him if they'd got Matty back.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#42 Townie123

Townie123
  • Coach
  • 177 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 08:37 AM

Matty will want a big say tomorrow.. It's his chance to get one over on the club who by all accounts treat him pretty poorly after his move .. Doran however much we hate him needs watched..however in past games he always tries to take on too much meaning their lose on his side ... Be interesting to see how Seymour goes, brett Phillips is more than capable of getting on top of doran ... JJP needs watched out outwide by I guess Mossop... HOWEVER our other centre really needs to be on his game defensively against scott macavoy .. I guess this will be Declan ...

#43 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,553 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 08:51 AM

Matty will want a big say tomorrow.. It's his chance to get one over on the club who by all accounts treat him pretty poorly after his move .. Doran however much we hate him needs watched..however in past games he always tries to take on too much meaning their lose on his side ... Be interesting to see how Seymour goes, brett Phillips is more than capable of getting on top of doran ... JJP needs watched out outwide by I guess Mossop... HOWEVER our other centre really needs to be on his game defensively against scott macavoy .. I guess this will be Declan ...

scott mcavoy plays 2nd row now not centre.

Edited by wonky, 02 August 2014 - 08:52 AM.

#44 Townie123

Townie123
  • Coach
  • 177 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 09:02 AM

Same difference for me :)

#45 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,553 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 09:05 AM

Same difference for me :)

not in the defensive line, he would be marked by szostak rather than hulme, that's a big difference defensively.

#46 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 09:20 AM

yep we all noticed newtons way over the top celebration. Likes of Calvert then fair do's as there haven through and through, but you would think Newton had just won the challenge cup for his boyhood club. Maybe it was because town deemed him not good enough to sign, and let's all be honest haven wouldn't have wanted him if they'd got Matty back.

Yeah I remember Newton the little tw*t.

#47 Townie123

Townie123
  • Coach
  • 177 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 11:10 AM

With a good 6 a second row can run at who he wants :)

#48 old townie

old townie
  • Players
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 11:23 AM

Was told that Rooney is 18th man and queried it. He was told Wigan guys were up and they had no choice but to play them.
thats bad news especially in a derby game.

Lets hope DR dies next year

#49 old townie

old townie
  • Players
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 11:27 AM

Cant understand why Rooney is not in anyway, is he carrying an injury?, led the line well v keighley and rochdale.
Smashed haven all over the park 2 years ago!

#50 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 11:36 AM

Anyone who knows him will know why so I'd be careful on that one.

#51 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 816 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 12:34 PM

I think the team for Sunday could look something like this,TIERNEY CARTER HULME MURPHY MOSSOP LUPTON FORBER COWARD MATTY SHACKLEY BRETT STOZAK OLSTRUM, BENCH CALLUM McAVOY,WILL WAIT AND SEE ABOUT THE OTHER 2 ?.  

#52 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,553 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 12:36 PM

I think the team for Sunday could look something like this,TIERNEY CARTER HULME MURPHY MOSSOP LUPTON FORBER COWARD MATTY SHACKLEY BRETT STOZAK OLSTRUM, BENCH CALLUM McAVOY,WILL WAIT AND SEE ABOUT THE OTHER 2 ?.

well obviously Burke and Farrell will be in the 17.

#53 wonderofwood

wonderofwood
  • Coach
  • 1,219 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 12:59 PM

Its McAvoy that should be worrying about Declan  ;)

#54 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,553 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 01:01 PM

Its McAvoy that should be worrying about Declan ;) ,

best form of defence is attack, so let's put them on the back foot from the start.

#55 Monkeydo

Monkeydo
  • Coach
  • 466 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 04:03 PM

Anyone who knows him will know why so I'd be careful on that one.

Who? Newton, McAvoy or Rooney?

#56 macca57

macca57
  • Players
  • 53 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 04:19 PM

tierney,carter,murphy,hulme, mossop, lupton, forber,coward, matty,shacks philips,stozak, mcavoy   bench  philips, olstrum,farrel,burke

#57 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 04:45 PM

Rooney

#58 ameliasdaddy

ameliasdaddy
  • Workington
  • 134 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 04:48 PM

tierney,carter,murphy,hulme, mossop, lupton, forber,coward, matty,shacks philips,stozak, mcavoy bench philips, olstrum,farrel,burke

Like that but would have mossop centre and Murphy on wing

#59 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,009 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 05:09 PM

At the risk of this being re-posted and biting me this time tomorrow , that's probably the best 17 we've put out.

#60 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,553 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 05:20 PM

At the risk of this being re-posted and biting me this time tomorrow , that's probably the best 17 we've put out.

yep, imagine if we could have swapped Burke for stack, that would be some side. Although I think well see a totally different Greg Burke tomorrow with Wigan up watching.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users