pick your 17.

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#61 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,295 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 05:24 PM

Yeah , Stacky is the man , but across the board we look strong . Got to do it now .

#62 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,295 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 05:26 PM

Woodsy in the star talking about waiting to see what DR are available ... Who can they pick ?

#63 wonderofwood

wonderofwood
  • Coach
  • 1,227 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 08:14 PM

yep, imagine if we could have swapped Burke for stack, that would be some side. Although I think well see a totally different Greg Burke tomorrow with Wigan up watching.

Stack would be a miss for any team in this league mate but I've watched Burke from an early age and I just hope tomorrow is the day that he produces what he is capable of and leaves it all on the pitch. 

that back line of Carter,Hulme,Murphy,Mossop with Lewis chiming in is as strong and exciting back line you would see in this division. Its all down too Lupton and Forber to supply the ammo and set them free early . I cannot see Jams living with it if they do, and with Callum on the bench to rip the guts out of them up the middle they should be very concerned.

#64 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,062 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 08:22 PM

Stack would be a miss for any team in this league mate but I've watched Burke from an early age and I just hope tomorrow is the day that he produces what he is capable of and leaves it all on the pitch.

that back line of Carter,Hulme,Murphy,Mossop with Lewis chiming in is as strong and exciting back line you would see in this division. Its all down too Lupton and Forber to supply the ammo and set them free early . I cannot see Jams living with it if they do, and with Callum on the bench to rip the guts out of them up the middle they should be very concerned.

i really like this post wonderofwood. At one point earlier in the season I thought we were doomed and hadn't recruited enough quality for this league but what a turnaround and it's in our own hands and a win tommorow would be massive points wise and for beating them lot.

#65 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,295 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 08:29 PM

Agree wonder . All down to Lupton and Forber . Working off the forwards platform , freeing the backs and , most importantly , astute and threatening kicks . Dec looks sharp , and with Lewis there as well , hope we give them quality service . Dec against Rochdale should have had much more in that second half. We look to have a good pack , pretty potent backs , so we need the link to really fire . I feel they think they have the ace there , but he will be nullified if we get them on the back foot .

Edited by DavidM, 02 August 2014 - 08:45 PM.

#66 wonderofwood

wonderofwood
  • Coach
  • 1,227 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 08:56 PM

Agree wonder . All down to Lupton and Forber . Working off the forwards platform , freeing the backs and , most importantly , astute and threatening kicks . Dec looks sharp , and with Lewis there as well , hope we give them quality service . Dec against Rochdale should have had much more in that second half. We look to have a good pack , pretty potent backs , so we need the link to really fire . I feel they think they have the ace there , but he will be nullified if we get them on the back foot .

As much as them boys are exciting going forward they are equally as good defensively. The stats prove it and I know PV is really impressed with the defensive partnership Alex & Declan have formed in such a short space of time , watch the amount of communication that goes on and how they respond . Impressive start and as long as tomorrow doesn't turn into a forward battle and they have confidence to play expansive then they will be praying for a bonus point 

Seymour will be a threat , especially with his boot but you couldn;t wish for three safer pair of hands than Murphy , Carter and Lewis. Lets see how they cope ? I recall last year at Derwent park , they couldn't catch a cold 

Edited by wonderofwood, 02 August 2014 - 09:00 PM.

#67 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,062 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 09:13 PM

As much as them boys are exciting going forward they are equally as good defensively. The stats prove it and I know PV is really impressed with the defensive partnership Alex & Declan have formed in such a short space of time , watch the amount of communication that goes on and how they respond . Impressive start and as long as tomorrow doesn't turn into a forward battle and they have confidence to play expansive then they will be praying for a bonus point

Seymour will be a threat , especially with his boot but you couldn;t wish for three safer pair of hands than Murphy , Carter and Lewis. Lets see how they cope ? I recall last year at Derwent park , they couldn't catch a cold

seymour has the experience but some haven fans are questioning his fitness and weight. Apparently against fev last week he was poor dropping balls and not doing much at all. Still one to watch though.

#68 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,667 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 10:18 PM

i think carters top quality, but I'm always nervous when he's going for a bomb. I wouldn't exactly call him safe lol. Although when he does catch it he's one of the best kick returners around.

Edited by wonky, 03 August 2014 - 08:19 AM.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#69 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,422 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 11:56 PM

Carter is a fu**in legend. Town through and through!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users