Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Today v Leigh

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#1 RogerT

RogerT
  • Coach
  • 293 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 09:24 AM

It's with a sad heart that I can't be there today, hospital visiting(wife)and unfortunately the hospital radio doesn't seem to be working.

Heart says we can do it, head says an hefty loss.

Onwards and upwards.

Cheers Roger.

#2 greavesy

greavesy
  • Coach
  • 531 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 09:34 AM

For some reason no one seems to be talking about the game today. Lets hope all the uncertainty clears up quickly and it does not affect the gate today. Batley RL needs your support people get up there and cheer the boys on. Should be a top game today and i dont think Leigh will have a easy day. Plenty of fight in the Bulldogs yet and i go for a closely fought match.

#3 silverback

silverback
  • Coach
  • 966 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 11:01 AM

It's with a sad heart that I can't be there today, hospital visiting(wife)and unfortunately the hospital radio doesn't seem to be working.

Heart says we can do it, head says an hefty loss.

Onwards and upwards.

Cheers Roger.

am sure we will give an extra shout for you and yer mrs roger fella.look after you and yours as they come first,massive game for us and sounds daft but its a game have been waiting for all season,all the other rubbish goes on back burner today as what will be will be,been like a bear with a sore head last few days not knowing if were safe so this is an even more important game,if we play like we can play then we can nick this one all day long, ref needs to be on his game too as anyone whos seen the dews dvd will know their capable of plenty a cheap shots to wind us up, theres no doubt at all we have the players to compete with leigh and i am really hoping we get into them from the kickoff and play our own game without any stupid forced stuff.

a win for the dogs 36-28.    hope your wifes feels better after the win roger. all the best.. :shout:

Edited by silverback, 03 August 2014 - 11:02 AM.

#4 RogerT

RogerT
  • Coach
  • 293 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 11:26 AM

Thanks Silverback, I'll be there in spirit.

The club already as my money as I'm a season ticket holder lol.

Cheers Roger.

Edited by RogerT, 03 August 2014 - 11:29 AM.

#5 ginaldo

ginaldo
  • Players
  • 29 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 11:28 AM

hope the mrs will be ok Roger see you at next game,about todays game im feeling like silverback que sera sera

#6 M Hopkins

M Hopkins
  • 683 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 03:39 PM

Hate to say it but ref is well out of his depth today. All decisions one way. We've had 2 good tries disallowed which would have kept us in the game.

#7 9' oller

9' oller
  • Coach
  • 3,620 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 03:53 PM

And so the trap door creaks.
We havent built on the past few years success and signing average joes will always provide lacklustre results

The most unfashionable yet over achieving mutts around

#8 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,641 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 03:55 PM

Not a good set of results for you guys today. At least Whitehaven lost B)

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#9 M Hopkins

M Hopkins
  • 683 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 04:04 PM

What will be will be. And a very poor turn out of batley fans.

#10 silverback

silverback
  • Coach
  • 966 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 04:14 PM

cheap shots worked a treat.we fell hook line and sinker for it,ref were rubbish and how we are sent such inept officials for such an important game i will never know, barlow made himself look a fool again and he sure aint tough hes just a big teddy throwing fool,their man punches ours and they get the ball. i think thats us done for this season as a few a the lads looked to be limping before kickoff and some a the tackling was dire yet again.

#11 il cattivo

il cattivo
  • Coach
  • 562 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 04:18 PM

As 9'oller says,averge joe's bring average results.

As optimistic (but realistic)  as i am,this side just isn't good enough to pull us out of the mire.

There are half a dozen players who just aren't up to it in this team.

I really hope i'm proved wrong.

big big game next week.win and we have a slim chance.......lose,even with bonus point,and we go down i think.

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

#12 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,033 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 05:07 PM

Pretty soul-destroying all round this afternoon. The harsh reality is that without Black we're going to struggle desperately to score points. His return earlier in the season sparked a real upturn in our fortunes. Now that he's out, we're impotent once again and there's no-one to act as a little blue pill.

Posted Image

#13 marko9

marko9
  • Coach
  • 189 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 05:25 PM

Can't believe it,what a disgusting ref can't believe he was so one sided,we lost yes fair enough but at least 2 try's came from forward passes who knows what would have happened could have got back in game,Barlow just a clown gives so many penalties away,he should have walked 3 times he did something and ref does nothing then sends off Paterson he must have seen a different game,the linesman missed the Leigh player punch finigan right in front of him what a joke,Leigh was begging for a penalty and getting it lose ball play on for them what a joke of a ref then at end gives the Leigh man sin bin

#14 marko9

marko9
  • Coach
  • 189 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 05:29 PM

Good luck to them,but rather win honest then cheat to win a game,we got no decisions that would help us,hope they get to super league they will get hammered every week,before any leigh fans start saying you kept Leeds,we nearly beat the giants few seasons ago

#15 DemonUK

DemonUK
  • Coach
  • 305 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 05:31 PM

One eyed jacks the lot of you. The ref mind you was shocking for BOTH sides. Hiw many Batley fans were there today. If crowd was 976 as published I'll go with 400 Batley fans

Sorry folks, no forecast comp this year

#16 RPH

RPH
  • Coach
  • 687 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 05:43 PM

One eyed jacks the lot of you. The ref mind you was shocking for BOTH sides. Hiw many Batley fans were there today. If crowd was 976 as published I'll go with 400 Batley fans

well it seems you must have spent quite a time counting.....well done...

i counted 450 from Batley...520 Leigh......then someone bleeding moved...damn

Edited by RPH, 03 August 2014 - 06:02 PM.

#17 9' oller

9' oller
  • Coach
  • 3,620 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 05:51 PM

If the diehards loose interest then god help us.
I spoke to an old lad who has been home and away for 40 years againt my meagre 25 years whom didnt seem fazed by a spell in the pub league.
I see nothing bur administration if we take the drop.
Admirable that is we remain one of the few unfancied clubs that have remained in the upper division but has the bulldog grit lost its edge?

I do feel that our board has failed (I am not usually a club knocker) in building on our impressive existence culminating in cup and division finals.

All we hear is more support required but the entertainment value barring a handful of games in 2014 has tested the most ardent.

Point deducted and more losses will provide the inevitable. That said 2 or 3 spots for the drop should suffice. 5 is ludicrous.

Perhaps we have been spoilt within karl and kear reigns and now reality sets in

The most unfashionable yet over achieving mutts around

#18 budgiezilla

budgiezilla
  • Coach
  • 202 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 05:58 PM

6-36 was the Ref's fault ??? GOOD GRIEF

#19 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,033 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 06:04 PM

The referee wasn't great, but we'd never have won that game in a million years with the side we had out today. Without wishing to add to the impending sense of doom, there's only one remaining game that I can see us winning without a recognised stand-off - Swinton at home.

Posted Image

#20 greavesy

greavesy
  • Coach
  • 531 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 06:14 PM

The ref does not miss tackles or score Leigh tries . we were outclassed totally today. Ridyard and Breirley showed the value of two good halves. I fear now for our survival, no creativity without Black and we are fast running out of players especially backs. Leatherbarrow tried hard with little support. If Kear can keep us up he really is a champion coach. Next week is a massive game in every way. Really dissapointed with the Batley turnout today, i think the stayaways feared the worst and the situation of not knowing were we stand points wise also affected the gate. worrying times fellow doggies.