Today v Leigh

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#21 9' oller

9' oller
  • Coach
  • 3,717 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 06:24 PM

This has been my worst attended season ever. With a young family sporting 4 replica shirts choosing affordable games hasnt been an enjoyable experience. However im fed up of nice summer weekends ending with disappointment and frustration.

If we headed into the dual reg infringement aware we deserve the book thrown at us

The most unfashionable yet over achieving mutts around

#22 9' oller

9' oller
  • Coach
  • 3,717 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 06:28 PM

Also I know kears hands are tied but bissas 13 k balance should never of been shelved for 2015.

Davies the immense talent he is can never play in the halves didnt the toohey gallagher lindsay mark barlow experiment highlight that

The most unfashionable yet over achieving mutts around

#23 Bat Lad

Bat Lad
  • Coach
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 06:34 PM

Heard Sheffield are being investigated over their registration of Uaisele last weekend
Aston should of kept his gob shut

Edited by Bat Lad, 03 August 2014 - 06:35 PM.

#24 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,958 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 06:39 PM

TBF, the referee wasn't too bad for the first hour; in fact, we benefited from quite a few 50/50 decisions in my opinion. He did completely lose control in the final quarter however which led to the various bust-ups around the park towards the end. Glad to see Sam Barlow has mellowed so well following on from his altercation with Dane Manning, mind. Based on his previous form, you'd have thought he would have learned how to control himself for 80 minutes by now.

#25 bulldogtrev

bulldogtrev
  • Coach
  • 416 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 07:02 PM

This has been my worst attended season ever. With a young family sporting 4 replica shirts choosing affordable games hasnt been an enjoyable experience. However im fed up of nice summer weekends ending with disappointment and frustration.

If we headed into the dual reg infringement aware we deserve the book thrown at us

I agree Davies is not a halfback although He was playing against a good Championship quality halfback today. Not sure what Kear does at Whitehaven.

I'm hoping Kear does have a backup plan in case of an injury to Black or Leatherbarrow and he was saving it for Whitehaven.

"Anyone who does not watch rugby league is not a real person."

-John Singleton,

#26 windogs

windogs
  • Players
  • 61 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 07:17 PM

Let's be fair at the start of the season 5 points out of these 4 matches is a fair return in my opinion.

The referee was dire, totally out of his depth, shouldn't have been given this game and I thought lost control of the game from the start. I know they've got to start somewhere but..

Yes we probably were never going to win today but had we gatherd the KO after our try and the Greenwood try been given from the kick (of which rowley said it was a clear try straight after the game) we may have kicked on to get a BP.

#27 ernieone

ernieone
  • Coach
  • 2,498 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 07:23 PM

One eyed jacks the lot of you. The ref mind you was shocking for BOTH sides. Hiw many Batley fans were there today. If crowd was 976 as published I'll go with 400 Batley fans

So are you saying that a team planning for Super League can only take 500 fans to an away match?

Not much of an advert for joining Super Duper League.

Yes we do not get the support perhaps we deserve but no championship side can brag about there average attendances. 

"Batley Bulldogs, Championship final 2013" 

"The Great Escape 2014"

2015 ?

1950s Gallant Youth, 2000 Bulldog

#28 marko9

marko9
  • Coach
  • 196 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 07:26 PM

Result could have been a lot different if things had gone are way,yes the ref didn't help was sort of his fault he missed blatant forward passes which resulted in tries,missed dirty play
DemonUK all one eyed jacks so your saying that it's ok for a Leigh played to punch a batley player who just tackled and was standing up got a punch,also you think Barlow was ok to try throw his weight about and the sending off of our player yet it was leigh players starting fights,every big hit batley put in was ruled to be illegal because players whinging

#29 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 07:43 PM

I totally agree ref was shocking for us, Leigh, today and totally lost it later on
With a quality ref allowing the game to be played at pace you would have lost by 50+ today even accounting for us resting our two best props for Friday in Wilkes and Spencer

#30 reg gasnier

reg gasnier
  • Facebook
  • 83 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 07:49 PM

I'm a newcomer to watching the bulldogs my views are what I saw today if you've to revert to playing a slow back rower at stand off your in trouble Davies is a tryer with ball handling skills but at this level his skills are far too slow for a number six both wingers have plenty of heart but positionally were caught out plenty but in my opinion were left this way by hopeless communication from the centres ,leather barrows defence is woeful and though hard working is never going to worry defences like Leigh and I thought his open field kicking left a lot to be desired ,last week I praised the fullback for a faultless display ,but in my honest opinion all though his bravery is not in doubt the way ridyard caught him out time and again with his kicking game told me he's not the top man that some on here claim can't knock tha pack ,I thought they matched a pretty aggressive Leigh set. One thing a bought Leigh think having seen them a couple of times this season they employ a lot of gamesmanship which irritates opposition fans and one particular nasty part to their game today was when ackton was sin binned for a cannonball tackle their chap upstairs with the walky talky came down to say well done Jamie how can you praise a player for breaking the rules

#31 marko9

marko9
  • Coach
  • 196 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 07:57 PM

I don't think with a better ref you would have beaten us more comfortably,a better ref would have seen the dirty play for what it was and taken better control,if he had sin binned your player like he should have done before the fighting started

#32 marko9

marko9
  • Coach
  • 196 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 08:00 PM

Not saying was a great performance,but could have gone different with certain decisions a decent ref would have been good,yes we all know Davies not the natural 6 but he put his hand up,one game doesn't make you a bad player hes best full back in this division by a mile

#33 AlanE

AlanE
  • Coach
  • 425 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 08:23 PM

I really hope that Kear can produce one of his famous 'miracle' recoveries (a la Wakefield) for you guys. It is inconceivable that you could go down after the past few consistently good seasons, although I was concerned for you during the close season, when you offloaded so many good players. To have one bad season, after so many good ones, shouldn't be 'rewarded' with relegation. Five down, in a 14 team league, is a farce.

As for today, well I too thought the ref appeared out of his depth, at times, although, for me, he didn't particularly favour Leigh. Once again, we were 'pinged' (rightly) for about five forward passes. How many were Batley pulled up for? I can't remember a single one.

Anyway, that's the game - we all think the ref favours the other side!

Back to my main point - I really hope you do pull it off and that we can meet again next season. I love coming to the Mount and, usually, our games are always close.

Good luck for the rest of this season.

#34 Rainingmud

Rainingmud
  • Players
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 09:16 PM

Hope you lot can hold on and avoid the drop, always enjoyed our visits to your ground and the banter with your fans. Good luck for your remaining games.

#35 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,902 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 09:22 PM

Wasnt expecting a win so not too downhearted, but am pretty fearful of our chances of staying up with only one half back and looks like Paterson will be spending the next 5 games suspended if what he said to get himself sent off is true.

Leigh were a big physical side and we tried hard but ultimately arent good enough.
What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#36 TVBOY

TVBOY
  • Players
  • 53 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 09:29 PM

Didn't go today and can't wait to watch the game on LCTV so I can comment. Two things I want say are that we absolutely struggled when we didn't have Riddy or Ryan in our team just like you are without Ben. Second I would like to see any secondary tackles from just above the kidneys down to the ankles on a static player banned. When a player is held up he is vulnerable and defenceless. If he is moving then a defending player sliding down from waist to ankles in a secondary without a severe impact is ok. Good luck Dogs.

#37 RedAndGoldArmy

RedAndGoldArmy
  • Coach
  • 105 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 12:20 AM

Heard Sheffield are being investigated over their registration of Uaisele last weekend
Aston should of kept his gob shut

Dave Larder has diminished these rumours by stating the Uaisale signing was confirmed and approved by the RFL before the deadline. So all in all, Aston shouldn't have kept his gob shut. As you were..
We're The Red and Gold Army!! <p>Championship Champions of 2012 and 2013.

#38 Keep The Faith

Keep The Faith
  • Coach
  • 830 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 12:30 AM

One question why go back to a 2nd rower at stand off it didnt't earlier at in season come on john play jordy at 6

#39 phildog

phildog
  • 337 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 03:34 AM

I would say that turning round a 52-6 tonking to a long awaited victory (Fairbank permitting!) over Eagles shows how good a coach Kear is anyway. He can only go with what he has or what he is now allowed. Recruitment last year didn't come up to scratch, but I think pessimism has set in too much if we think that dropping down a division spells the end, as I think we'd be straight back anyway, fans will be there whichever division.

#40 LuckyDog

LuckyDog
  • Players
  • 30 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 06:37 AM

A pretty dispiriting day for me. Our support must have been less than 500. This d/r farce and the expected points deduction must have played a part in this. If we are not guilty, surely Fairbank would have played? Realising that without Ben Black we are not gonna trouble the scorers too much. And could the other results (barring a dewsbury win) have gone any worse?
Leigh were far better, but confidence and results just breed flair and creativity, and their 6 and 7 looked a class apart with so much time to pick their passes or kick.
Need I say, next week is the must win match of the year. With Blacky, we could have won all 4 matches, I just can't see it now. But in my time, the Bulldog spirit has never failed to show!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users