Today v Leigh

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#81 The Blues Ox

The Blues Ox
  • Coach
  • 170 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 11:24 AM

I think you'd be very supprised just how much some players in our division are on! And a lot of clubs will have spent well over their budgets this year offering silly money. Now I don't know this, but what would you reckon the average contract is for the champ?

I would say about 8K but top earners are commanding 30K+, there are at least a couple of players in the league closer to 50K but the average is brought down quite a bit by a lot of the squad players being on less than 5K.

#82 9' oller

9' oller
  • Coach
  • 3,665 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 12:23 PM

Directors loan. Perhaps a marque signing something to get the terrraces excited. Its always a gamble bringing in the young unknown and disgruntled players from other clubs.

What I would do now for a return of maun lythsey lindsay george preece and tiger. In short someone with passion and commitment

The most unfashionable yet over achieving mutts around

#83 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 02:17 PM

I would say about 8K but top earners are commanding 30K+, there are at least a couple of players in the league closer to 50K but the average is brought down quite a bit by a lot of the squad players being on less than 5K.

Who do you think are on close to £50k, nobody at Leigh is on anywhere close to that and we have one of the higher spends with Fax and Fev

#84 The Blues Ox

The Blues Ox
  • Coach
  • 170 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 03:48 PM

Barlow will be high up and I would imagine Brierley will be on good money. I was also surprised when I heard what Leigh had paid to get Alex Brown.

#85 redditchbulldog

redditchbulldog
  • Coach
  • 1,697 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 04:38 PM

Directors loan. Perhaps a marque signing something to get the terrraces excited. Its always a gamble bringing in the young unknown and disgruntled players from other clubs.

What I would do now for a return of maun lythsey lindsay george preece and tiger. In short someone with passion and commitment

You mention Directors loan, thats fine as long as they have got the money to do that and also be prepared to be able to lose that amount if it all went #### up, we need a benefactor,sugar daddy but we know that isn't going to happen , then if you get one like faisal who then bogs off and throws his toys out of the pram cos he can't have his own way and then the club is in the ######

Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

#86 vile rodders

vile rodders
  • Coach
  • 179 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 05:23 PM

Got to agree with terminator on this one if we can't compete for players with clubs of our stature

then we are admitting defeat and deserve to go down.It looks like our little club syndrome and

punching above our weight has finally caught up with us.We should have had some cover in at

least two or three key positions but now finishing season as we started it with one half back it's

just not good enough and shows our lack of ambition.

#87 greavesy

greavesy
  • Coach
  • 534 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 08:36 PM

Our squad to start the season was all wrong it does sound like a broken record i know.  six players in our squad were not registered to the bulldogs, two were almost certainly going to get suspended. The backline was wafer thin. Black was injured we had only one half back. We have tried to patch and make up all season. Every time we have got a player on loan and he has done well another club has come in and taken him. The inevitable has happened and we are staring relegation in the face. Like other supporters i feel we could have, if you like pushed the boat out a little more we have gone for players IMO to fill shirts. Have heard we could be relegated with funds in BISSA to me that dousn,t  feel right. The directors and coaching staff have done the club proud for a good few seasons now but in this very important season maybe we have not aimed high enough. It all feels very negative but if the points fiasco goes against us tommorrow and we lose on Sunday our stay in the championship is hanging by a thread. Fingers crossed things go our way and we somehow survive. I just hope lessons are learned . 

#88 Bulldog Days

Bulldog Days
  • Players
  • 66 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 05:33 AM

The genuine supporters & die hards are all making similar noises on this thread. We can all see what is needed to keep the momentum & recent success of the Club going.

It's not all about sugar daddies & investors with self seeking intentions. At the expense of repeating myself, Batley Bulldogs have built a unique culture and brand at the Mount, through Kevin and a Board of Directors who live and breath the Club. This brand can be marketed to a wider market, with the support of professional marketeers. Surely it is time to invest in some professional input, independent to the daily running of the club, who would be given a brief from the Board to attract specific numbers from specific target areas both in and outside the district. I know supporters who have been attracted by our unique family club from Bradford Bulls and other Super League clubs to become full time supporters of Batley Bulldogs. It is now time speculate to accumulate, and build on what we have before it is lost, and let the wider public know what we can offer.

#89 fredm

fredm
  • Coach
  • 1,552 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 09:03 AM

I fear that, if there is a points reduction re Sheffield and we come back from the Lakes with our tails between our legs, then the time to speculate will have been lost.  As you rightly say you should build on a solid base when you are at, or near, the top of the tree.  When you are hanging on by your fingertips is generally too late.

#90 greavesy

greavesy
  • Coach
  • 534 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 09:17 AM

Agree totally with Fredm the time to speculate has gone and we have missed the boat. Deadline day was a fiasco and we probably will pay for it with relegation. Still no news on the RL descition. Anyone else feeling mushroom like ?.

#91 Tom Coates

Tom Coates
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 09:32 AM

Think it's a case of waiting for the RFL to announce something. Like a few others, I've heard that something will be announced today.

Interestingly, they never actually put out a statement saying any clubs were under investigation. The only information the fans have had has been from journalists who've had their speculation confirmed by an RFL spokesman.

#92 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 03:21 PM

Barlow will be high up and I would imagine Brierley will be on good money. I was also surprised when I heard what Leigh had paid to get Alex Brown.

So what are these figures you heard?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users