Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

British evacuation from libya

Royal navy sending ship

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 walter sobchak

walter sobchak
  • Coach
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 12:22 PM

Well the "humanitarian" intervention in Libya is starting to look like another catastrophic blunder made by the US, UK&nato. Is Libya better off today and are Libyans really better off post Gaddafi? I think the answer is obvious, just like Iraq. Thank god we never intervened for "humanitarian" reasons in Syria.

#2 Li0nhead

Li0nhead
  • Coach
  • 751 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 04:05 PM

Yes because Syria has done great from our non intervention.

Did you know it got voted 'most desirable place to live in the world 2014'? Had we intervened we could have had a situation where the civil war would continue to today.....  :tongue:

Walter at least get your ideas consistent and not contradictory. 

Here you are saying we should not intervene abroad.......

on another thread you just put:

walter sobchak, on 03 Aug 2014 - 12:46 PM, said:

Surely now the international community must act and issue a warrant for the arrest of Netanyahu and bring him before the ICC to answer for war crimes and crimes against humanity.

For that to happen then the west would need to intervene.....

See the hypocrisy of your point?

#3 walter sobchak

walter sobchak
  • Coach
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 04:28 PM

Yes because Syria has done great from our non intervention.

Did you know it got voted 'most desirable place to live in the world 2014'? Had we intervened we could have had a situation where the civil war would continue to today.....  :tongue:

Walter at least get your ideas consistent and not contradictory. 

Here you are saying we should not intervene abroad.......

on another thread you just put:

For that to happen then the west would need to intervene.....

See the hypocrisy of your point?

Aren't you able to see the difference between governments issuing arrest warrants for Netanyahu and governments sending their f-16 fighter jets and warships to rain down death and destruction with cruise missiles?

#4 Li0nhead

Li0nhead
  • Coach
  • 751 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 04:52 PM

Aren't you able to see the difference between governments issuing arrest warrants for Netanyahu and governments sending their f-16 fighter jets and warships to rain down death and destruction with cruise missiles?

Yeah your totally correct. Upon reading the arrest warrant a country would just hand over its leader without an 'or else' option. 

#5 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,314 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 05:20 PM

Who wrote this?  "I've no dog in the fight "

#6 walter sobchak

walter sobchak
  • Coach
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 06:24 PM

Yeah your totally correct. Upon reading the arrest warrant a country would just hand over its leader without an 'or else' option.

Or face sanctions and boycotts and have their assets freezed, like they did with gaddafi and Libya or like they're threatening to do with Russia over the Ukraine.

#7 walter sobchak

walter sobchak
  • Coach
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 06:26 PM

Who wrote this?  "I've no dog in the fight "

So Netanyahu gets away with it because to label him a war criminal is taking sides?

#8 Li0nhead

Li0nhead
  • Coach
  • 751 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 07:53 PM

Or face sanctions and boycotts and have their assets freezed, like they did with gaddafi and Libya or like they're threatening to do with Russia over the Ukraine.

Sorry I missed Gaddafi's trial the the International court.

#9 walter sobchak

walter sobchak
  • Coach
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 08:02 PM

Sorry I missed Gaddafi's trial the the International court.

He didn't get to The Hague, he was killed and had his body dragged through the streets in Libya by the Islamists we supported at the time and who we now view as a threat to our citizens in Libya, hence the Royal Navy sending a warship to pick them up. Did you also miss the freezing of his and the state of libya's assests as well?

#10 Li0nhead

Li0nhead
  • Coach
  • 751 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 08:08 PM

He didn't get to The Hague, he was killed and had his body dragged through the streets in Libya by the Islamists we supported at the time and who we now view as a threat to our citizens in Libya, hence the Royal Navy sending a warship to pick them up. Did you also miss the freezing of his and the state of libya's assests as well?

Hang on your arguing both sides of the point again....

Intervention is bad as it has turned out bad in Libya?

Intervention is good because the actions by the west were leading to Gadaffi being sent to the ICC?

Make your mind up. 

Sod it, I'm off to work.

#11 walter sobchak

walter sobchak
  • Coach
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 08:28 PM

Hang on your arguing both sides of the point again....

Intervention is bad as it has turned out bad in Libya?
Intervention is good because the actions by the west were leading to Gadaffi being sent to the ICC?

Make your mind up. 

Sod it, I'm off to work.

You seem to be confused so left me help you, intervention doesn't just have to be a military solution it can also come in the form of sanctions, boycotts and asset freezes like in apartheid South Africa, nobody bombed South Africa into ending apartheid it was done with boycotts and sanctions.

#12 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 17,291 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 03:23 PM

Well the "humanitarian" intervention in Libya is starting to look like another catastrophic blunder made by the US, UK&nato. Is Libya better off today and are Libyans really better off post Gaddafi? I think the answer is obvious, just like Iraq. Thank god we never intervened for "humanitarian" reasons in Syria.

I think whether Libya is better off or not is a question best left to Libyans.