TOWN BEAT HAVEN

• Please log in to reply
229 replies to this topic

#1 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,368 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 03:41 PM

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss !!!!!!!!!
Relief more than anything . Very scrappy game in which both sides were largely poor . I kept thinking we were gonna turn it up , but we constantly stalled due to errors and penalties . And then we nearly lost . With our personnel out there I felt they would put it to bed , but they couldn't really get going . Luckily Lewis and Dec made telling single contributions . Coxy worries for both teams on that if they survive .
Keep hoping !
I thought big Alex was probably our best , and Peter was prominent . But just a win and vital three points . At the end of the day , especially in a derby , that's the all important ...

Edited by DavidM, 03 August 2014 - 04:05 PM.

#2 bluewhite10

bluewhite10
  • Workington
  • 296 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 04:00 PM

Massive massive 3 points UP THE TOWN!!
bluewhitearmy

#3 Sticklebricks

Sticklebricks
  • Players
  • 50 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 04:05 PM

Was that jumbos spitting their dummy's out after the final whistle. And causing trouble on the popular side.naughty step for them . Up the town

#4 Sticklebricks

Sticklebricks
  • Players
  • 50 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 04:08 PM

That should read jambo's from last post doh

#5 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 8,099 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 04:08 PM

Not a great performance but this was a game where the only thing that mattered was getting the 3 points, so mission accomplished in that respect. Dave Woods blaming the referee and the state of the pitch, bless him !

#6 TrueBlue

TrueBlue
  • Players
  • 14 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 04:11 PM

To be fair two very evenly matched teams! Could of went either way I think veivers deserves the credit for all these wins he's got us defensively sound and playing text book rugby!! A couple of quality additions and veives on a long term deal n the sky's the limit! Outstanding well done lads from all of us!!!

#7 bluewhite10

bluewhite10
  • Workington
  • 296 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 04:12 PM

Woods had the front row of the dugout to himself
bluewhitearmy

#8 Townie123

Townie123
  • Coach
  • 259 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 04:18 PM

Big raps for Peter Lupton today .. Played his slow overweight opposite off the park... Derbies are never going to be classics... Hopefully that will put a nail in their coffin for relegation... Remember Batley will come up here feeling the worlds is against them next week :)

How many tackles did Karl olstrom make ? Imense :) pleased for matty - up the town !!!

#9 graham fisher

graham fisher
  • Coach
  • 581 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 04:19 PM

Good result for your boy's I think town & us(rams) should be safe now,I think it's between haven & batley now but you never know!!!massive game next week Whitehaven v batley,good luck rest of season apart from the last game against us!!

#10 wonderofwood

wonderofwood
  • Coach
  • 1,227 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 04:25 PM

What a superb advert for Cumbrian rugby - congrats worky on a hard fought win and I so hope that haven stay up as today was what it's all about and next year wouldn't be the same -

Upthetown :0)

#11 wonderofwood

wonderofwood
  • Coach
  • 1,227 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 04:26 PM

What a superb advert for Cumbrian rugby - congrats worky on a hard fought win and I so hope that haven stay up as today was what it's all about and next year wouldn't be the same -

Upthetown :0)

#12 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 9,012 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 04:29 PM

Was that jumbos spitting their dummy's out after the final whistle. And causing trouble on the popular side.naughty step for them . Up the town

Yes, and I have a swollen left thumb as a result of it.     A young p****d up Haven fan with "4 McAvoy" on his shirt rushed towards the back of the shed to get at a Town fan just as I was passing and I got bumped against a barrier.   A steward stood in front of the Town fan grabbed the Haven fan with one of his mates and took him out the back and then let him go!!!!   He went round the end of the shed and it was pretty obvious that he was wanting to fight someone.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#13 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,368 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 04:30 PM

MISTER Seymour started well , with astute kicks and thinking , and I thought we were in trouble , but he faded somewhat . I thought Tom Carr was outstanding , safe as the Bank of England . Mitchell strong in first half especially , and is it Foster in 30? He was very strong .
Still very frustrating though to me . Start the second half , Callum super leap , then Burke drops it first tackle and Farrell gives a stupid pen away , and that set the tone for the next 20 . We're winning still playing way off our potential , and that has to be a positive for PV , but I'm sure he's hoping he's sees it all click before the seasons end . Thomason was equally picky n bad for both , and he did disallow a Lewis try when both touchies were gonna give it . Seven in a row is top in this league though . And in that run we've won tight games and had a bit of the rub , both of which we weren't getting . Matty got loads of stick so Coxy can't knock him for telling them the score ... Matty hero and legend and superstar . END OF !!

Edited by DavidM, 03 August 2014 - 04:33 PM.

#14 Townie123

Townie123
  • Coach
  • 259 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 04:31 PM

Bloody hell Keith I didn't have you down as a trouble maker :)

#15 Monkeydo

Monkeydo
  • Coach
  • 513 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 04:32 PM

Woods had the front row of the dugout to himself

Glad he didnt lean on it or would've been over! He must've sucked on a lemon before the radio interview as he was very bitter. Lets face it though, not much fruit passes those lips! "Calvert swears black and blue it wasn't a forward pass", looked it to me, like his first one. Not a good game but who gives a toss? Each time i passed their little clump of fans for a tab i heard some pearlers....slagging off woods, "stop giving penalties away you penalty prostitute" (??????) was a shout at a haven player waiting for 2nd half kickoff , slagging off seymour, was brilliant!

#16 Townie123

Townie123
  • Coach
  • 259 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 04:32 PM

Calvert STORMING off refusing to shake anyone's hand lol always has been a ##### that one :)

#17 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,368 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 04:34 PM

He was gonna take Shacks on ... Yeh right ! Shacks pi$$ing himself laughing !

#18 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,368 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 04:35 PM

Sorry to hear that Keith . Legend yourself to us . Poor form . Mind I bet he moved quicker than Mcavoy 4 on the paddock . Geez he's gone back

#19 Gonch

Gonch
  • Coach
  • 354 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 04:38 PM

Alan Goodwin (bkm)and co are spouting the usual the whole world is against us rhubarb, brilliant!

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."

"Imagination is more important than knowledge."

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence."

#20 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,715 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 04:38 PM

Thought the game changed when Burke and olstrum came on. Both really lifted us and Karl was the best player on the pitch followed closely by Alex, who has been one hell of a signing. Great Brett carter getting in newtons face, he didn't want to know after that. One day well win by 20 with no heart stopping moments. Thought the ref was rubbish as he always is, but at least he didn't let doran run it. Callum was causing them all sorts of problems when he came. Only thing that counted was the 3 points, and that's what we got. If haven can beat batley which I think they will comfortably then they'll survive as well.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users