Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

TOWN BEAT HAVEN

• Please log in to reply
229 replies to this topic

#21 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 8,009 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 04:38 PM

Comedy gold on the Haven forum with people alleging the ref is a good mate of PV and wanted us to win, and a thread started called "Is RL Corrupt". Lovely stuff.

#22 Townie123

Townie123
  • Coach
  • 211 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 04:40 PM

Ha what about ainscough... If anyone had small man syndrome :) think he needs tested myself - tho I reckon he must be injecting his stomach the size of it haha

#23 Monkeydo

Monkeydo
  • Coach
  • 486 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 04:40 PM

Alan GoodLOSS (bkm)and co are spouting the usual the whole world is against us rhubarb, brilliant!

Fixed that for you Gonch

#24 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 04:41 PM

GET IN THERE!!!! its raining excuses in whitehaven did your hear woods interview the referee blah blah blah. I have to say as pleased as I am we got out of jail today. We were far from our best. Too many unforced errors and a poor completion rate. However it's a sweet victory over the jameaters!!!!!!!

#25 Monkeydo

Monkeydo
  • Coach
  • 486 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 04:42 PM

Loved Matty's little tribute to Newton at the end

#26 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,929 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 04:44 PM

The main objective of today was to get the 3 points for the win and get us closer to safety, which we did.   It was a hard fought game with far too many errors by both sides for it to be a classic but with it being close it kept fans interested to the end.   Both teams were far too guilty of giving away stupid penalties and inviting the other team back in to their territory.    I thought for Haven theirbest players were Carr who looked pretty solid under the high balls, Taylor especially in the second half and Number 30 (Hand ?) who grafted hard all day.   I was disappointed with Seymour as all he did all day was pass, pass pass, and I can't once remember him taking our line on.

For Town, Tierney always looked dangerous and Shacks got through a tremendous amount of work.   I was disappointed with Forber and his kicking was so poor, I can't remember him getting in one good kick or making their full-back turn round.    We never even attempted a 40/20 in the first half with a strong wind behinds us and I thought that a 12 - 4 lead at HT wouldn't be enough to see us home.

As for the disallowed try at the end, we thought it was a forward pass but not nearly as far forward as the one that Calvert was given as a try.    On that occasion the TJ said it was forward and the ref gave try and on the last one the TJ was giving a try and the ref said no try, so what you gain on the swings you lose on the roundabouts.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#27 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,213 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 04:44 PM

Keep us informed with their forum !

#28 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 04:45 PM

Not a great game by any means but a superb result from the lads today. All that mattered was the 3 points. Ref was pretty poor for me but thankfully he saw the last pass was forward, no doubt it will all be his fault 10 miles south in the dead zone! Does the ref know what a knock on actually is?
Didn't hear what woods had to say, but what's up with the pitch? They are poorly coached IMO as they should be so much better than they are, bring back Harold as that mess of a man is taking them backwards.
We did enough to win the game without playing well, there was a time in the first half when we should have pulled clear and I feared we weren't far enough ahead for the second half because our kicking game is average. But credit to the lads they hung on. Hard to pick a mom but can't argue with Luppy as nobody stood out. Mitchell was their mom by a country mile.
Heard some of their fans were kicking off at the hooter with one of our lasses, classy lot aren't they!
The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#29 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,213 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 04:46 PM

That isn't gonna change now Keith without new personnel I'm afraid , but that's all for seasons end . PV knows all this . Taylor , what's he doing there by the way !! The Wigan bloke , Winder is it ? , was in the directors box . Could easy have lost that , and if they're gonna survive they should have beat us on that . But they weren't any better , so we edged it

Edited by DavidM, 03 August 2014 - 04:51 PM.

#30 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,773 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 04:52 PM

They can complain about the toward pass all they like, the ref gave them a penalty when their player was pushed into touch, wrongly.

Didn't matter how we won today, just that we did.

Edited by dkw, 03 August 2014 - 04:53 PM.

#31 Townie123

Townie123
  • Coach
  • 211 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 04:53 PM

Ha woods said they trained well all week and even made their pitch look like ours "with all the rubbish and what not" ... Ha I'm forgetting they play at Wembley!! They lost the game ... Ha ha really :)

Old cotter got no change out of olstrom

#32 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,213 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 04:54 PM

If you can't play on our carpet then you can't play . Poor form Woodsmeister General

#33 bomberisgod

bomberisgod
  • Coach
  • 135 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 05:00 PM

Was that jumbos spitting their dummy's out after the final whistle. And causing trouble on the popular side.naughty step for them . Up the town

silly jambos .

#34 rockerlad

rockerlad
  • Coach
  • 598 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 05:01 PM

Smart when you are nearly getting ya head kicked in for being in the way!!!!!!

#35 bomberisgod

bomberisgod
  • Coach
  • 135 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 05:01 PM

Ha what about ainscough... If anyone had small man syndrome :) think he needs tested myself - tho I reckon he must be injecting his stomach the size of it haha

he is a shobgite.

#36 Monkeydo

Monkeydo
  • Coach
  • 486 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 05:02 PM

Cotter always had that unique ability to get smashed almost every time he took a ball in........and he's still got it!

#37 bomberisgod

bomberisgod
  • Coach
  • 135 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 05:03 PM

Not a great performance but this was a game where the only thing that mattered was getting the 3 points, so mission accomplished in that respect. Dave Woods blaming the referee and the state of the pitch, bless him !

i think that fella blames everything and everyone bar himself.i honestly think he is a poor coach.

#38 Oneday

Oneday
  • Coach
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 05:06 PM

Happy happy happy! ho ho ha ha yea hay hoooo yehhehehay no more to say today

#39 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 8,009 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 05:08 PM

Didn't hear what woods had to say, but what's up with the pitch?

It's too small, full of divots and covered in rubbish apparently. Stops good teams playing running rugby according to Woods......

#40 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,213 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 05:08 PM

Mr Phil mentioning Alex ' doesn't look too good with his knee ' , and he wants to see the video . Fingers crossed for him , amazing 80 minute shift and he was leading verbally to . Mentioned two naughty crusher tackles to. Loved his comment on the forward pass ' I don't know if it was forward , but we play by the rules don't we ?... Nevermind ! ' . Goes up in my estimation every time I hear him . Total professionalism and control . We're in safe hands

Edited by DavidM, 03 August 2014 - 05:11 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users