Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

TOWN BEAT HAVEN

• Please log in to reply
229 replies to this topic

#41 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,634 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 05:09 PM

It's too small, full of divots and covered in rubbish apparently. Stops good teams playing running rugby according to Woods......

i hope he's meaning fev in that not haven.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#42 Monkeydo

Monkeydo
  • Coach
  • 486 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 05:10 PM

The sirkett-tard has stopped bothering his sister to get on twitter-

"Amazing what a few tweets to officials can do eh!!"

@Willsirkett if you want to have a laugh at his tweets

#43 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 05:10 PM

I have never heard such a bunch of whingeing moaning fans in my life. Every town tackle was high, town were offside all the game and never stood square blah blah blah oh and for the 2nd week running it's all the referees fault they lost.

#44 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,773 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 05:11 PM

It's too small, full of divots and covered in rubbish apparently. Stops good teams playing running rugby according to Woods......

Did he really say that, the stupid fat mess.

#45 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,634 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 05:15 PM

Did he really say that, the stupid fat mess.

to be fair there was loads of rubbish on the pitch, there was Gregg's wrappers, 7 happy meal boxes, 3 pizza boxes and half a kebab. All which fell out of woods pockets when he was rummaging for change for the vending machine.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#46 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,215 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 05:19 PM

Unbelievable hearing Woodsy !! Pitch with divots n rubbish ... Referee spoiling the game ... They get all the penalties but why don't we get them ?
Touchie giving try and ref disallowing it ... Calvert swears it was sweet ... Some bloke lying on the floor having a kip when woodsy says he was took out ... Etc etc etc . Hard done by or what . This is what happens when your poor and aren't winning. The officials are always a big factor - like us earlier on . No one speaks of them if your chugging along . Fix your own deficiencies chief - control what you can control . You've a big enough job with that !

Edited by DavidM, 03 August 2014 - 05:24 PM.

#47 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 05:22 PM

Have we sent haven to Coventry lol. (Bears)

#48 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,215 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 05:23 PM

They're around but they're not saying owt

#49 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 05:25 PM

to be fair there was loads of rubbish on the pitch, there was Gregg's wrappers, 7 happy meal boxes, 3 pizza boxes and half a kebab. All which fell out of woods pockets when he was rummaging for change for the vending machine.

Ha ha I think some of his team are in full time training with him, ainscough is heavier than our props, and on the other wing square pants is beefing up a bit too!!
He is dredging the excuses up before he gets the bullet. How can a team take him seriously when he is in such a state himself?
The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#50 Ginock1

Ginock1
  • Players
  • 57 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 05:45 PM

Tbf, coach massive doesn't mean a bad team . I personally thought haven looked exciting and random, that game was spoil even that i'm just.glad we come out on top

#51 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,215 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 05:45 PM

1,939 is that right ?

#52 Monkeydo

Monkeydo
  • Coach
  • 486 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 05:53 PM

1,939 is that right ?

Yep nice bit of coin from the 2500 haven fans

#53 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,215 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 05:55 PM

Oh just 61 more ... Where were you !!

#54 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 05:57 PM

Keep us informed with their forum !

general consensus is that town offered little and they only lost because they were poor and the refs decisions. I think if we had been playing a good team today we could have lost. Not our best performance by far. our errors and poor completion rate allowed them to get a foot hold in the game.

#55 ivans82

ivans82
  • Players
  • 79 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 06:13 PM

personally i think we play better against better opposition  . our 2 worst perfomances have been against rochdale and haven......would have been a disgrace if haven won as the penalty on half way which led to the try was a  joke .  we were stood on half way and the ref watched town take the haven player into touch without him stopping moving... he either shouts held or its play on......he cant just wait till the player goes over the touchline and then award  a penalty ......you see that sort of tackle in the middle of the pitch all day long   .

#56 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,215 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 06:25 PM

First point is definitely valid . Those tackles wind me up as well - so inconsistent from refs . Didn't we see a town player carried in to touch a few weeks back and it was a scrum ? Personally I think that's dominant defence and shouldn't be penalised . Your coach wants that . And referees should either shout held well before the line or play on . I hate it when they wait then shout held an inch before the line , so even if you let them go they fall into touch ! Ridiculous .

#57 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,773 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 06:27 PM

I thought the rule was you had to stop the tackle if a player us lifted, pulled or momentum stops. And none of those happened in that tackle.

#58 anok4u

anok4u
  • Coach
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 06:43 PM

I was put on earth to witness skinny calvert not scoring that try!!! Get in you total mofo..
go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

#59 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,930 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 06:53 PM

Just a short while earlier a Town player was dragged towards the touch line but got to ground just before they reached the touchline.    No penalty was given then.    Also, Town held the ball in the back of a scrum and the Haven pack had all broke up and moved away but no penalty was forthcoming.     They needn't talk about PV having a Twitter conversation with the ref, they have been tweeting him all week telling them to watch out for Town doing this or that.    

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#60 thetimberman

thetimberman
  • Coach
  • 167 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 07:05 PM

Well, just spent a few minutes on the dark side, like they say, you couldnt make it up, they did this, we never did that, not actually called the ref and his assistants bent, but pretty near :tongue:  :tongue:  :tongue:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users