Roughyeds 38-28 Skolars

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 RoughyedsMad

RoughyedsMad
  • Players
  • 19 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 04:28 PM

Yet another game that we were extremely fortunate to win! At 32-28 to us with just minutes to go Skokars had the line at their mercy and it needed yet another last ditch tackle similar to the famous try saver by Mo Agoro at the New River in March. We then go down to the other end and man of the moment Agoro completes his hat trick and puts us two scores clear and relief all round the Roughyeds camp! How many times can we keep saying we were lucky to get away with it and we were fortunate? It happened last week, it happened this week and it happened against York at home. I just think that when we play Hunslet and York in the play offs and they are fired up and in a mean mood we are in for a good hiding just like losses at the South Leeds Stadium and Huntington Stadium illustrate. I would love to be proved wrong but I don't think we are quite good enough and York and Hunslet will get the results when it really matters at the business end of the season because we are not ruthless enough! This is not a harsh comment and simply being honest based on attending almost every game this season home and away!!

#2 TOSH1960

TOSH1960
  • Coach
  • 444 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 04:35 PM

I think home advantage in the playoff will be significant. It will be interesting when Hunslet and York play each other in the league. 

#3 RoughyedRabbitoh

RoughyedRabbitoh
  • Players
  • 32 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 05:10 PM

Damned if you win and damned if you don't.No wonder fans don't post on this forum!!!

Yet another game that we were extremely fortunate to win! At 32-28 to us with just minutes to go Skokars had the line at their mercy and it needed yet another last ditch tackle similar to the famous try saver by Mo Agoro at the New River in March. We then go down to the other end and man of the moment Agoro completes his hat trick and puts us two scores clear and relief all round the Roughyeds camp! How many times can we keep saying we were lucky to get away with it and we were fortunate? It happened last week, it happened this week and it happened against York at home. I just think that when we play Hunslet and York in the play offs and they are fired up and in a mean mood we are in for a good hiding just like losses at the South Leeds Stadium and Huntington Stadium illustrate. I would love to be proved wrong but I don't think we are quite good enough and York and Hunslet will get the results when it really matters at the business end of the season because we are not ruthless enough! This is not a harsh comment and simply being honest based on attending almost every game this season home and away!!

#4 allroughyed

allroughyed
  • Coach
  • 955 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 06:26 PM

I haven't been today, the first time I've missed London since starting following the club in 89. I went early season, and it's not the easiest place to get a win.  Take into consideration that the boys have been on a coach since 8:45am, and its a good 4hr journey down there. I agree with Roughyedrabbit, dammed if you lose, damned if you win. Not surprised at the posting from Roughyedsmad, considering what he posted after Wednesdays U20's game.  

GIVE US A TEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#5 SINGE

SINGE
  • Coach
  • 722 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 08:26 PM

Whilst we would love to put a goof 50 past every team and help the PD, that's two games on the trot we have grapsed victory from trouble at the last few mins of the game. That is a good trait to have. The heavy defeats may indicate that it might be another season as brides maid. BUT, it is all about peaking at the Grand Final, as we know only too well. A bit of luck, maybe an inpsired loanee, it could just turn to us for once. Never give up hope.

#6 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 4,045 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 11:15 PM

overly critical by the original poster...we're 2nd in the league,unbeaten at home....and winning ugly is a good thing too...

OLDHAM RLFC
the 8TH most successful team in british RL

#7 andykenny

andykenny
  • Coach
  • 141 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 10:57 AM

A man puts in opinions on here ,his honest opinions and he is the reason why people no longer post on here.

WRONG! This forum is now a little private members club and should the usual end of season outcome happen It will

become smaller as will the average attendances.If you are happy with that fine.I will not be happy till this team are top of 

the superleauge and regulars at wembley and full of internationals.

#8 SINGE

SINGE
  • Coach
  • 722 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 09:06 PM

A man puts in opinions on here ,his honest opinions and he is the reason why people no longer post on here.
WRONG! This forum is now a little private members club and should the usual end of season outcome happen It will
become smaller as will the average attendances.If you are happy with that fine.I will not be happy till this team are top of 

I am generally a positive chap, but you will have a miserable life!! That won't happen in my lifetime I'll wager. Not to say I don't want it to happen, but my expectations are so low that sharks feed on them,

#9 andykenny

andykenny
  • Coach
  • 141 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 09:30 PM

Well you may say I am a dreamer. but I am not the only one.

#10 Bucksyed

Bucksyed
  • Players
  • 34 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 09:47 AM

Can anyone tell me who was man of the match sunday?

Semper in excretia sumus, solim profundum variat.

#11 RoughyedRabbitoh

RoughyedRabbitoh
  • Players
  • 32 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 06:12 PM

For which team??

#12 Bucksyed

Bucksyed
  • Players
  • 34 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 07:06 PM

The Yeds of course.

Semper in excretia sumus, solim profundum variat.

#13 RoughyedRabbitoh

RoughyedRabbitoh
  • Players
  • 32 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 07:00 PM

The Yeds of course.

There is no MOTM for away games :drag:

#14 Ex-scrumhalf

Ex-scrumhalf
  • Coach
  • 116 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 08:16 PM

I have to agree with this post, though my ambitions are a bit lower than yours Andy. If our team did achieve what you want that would be totally fantastic but for me being in the top three or four of the Championship and playing in better surroundings would do for now. I have watched Oldham since I was 8 in 1954 and sadly never got the chance to see them at Wembley, even though there was a point when Oldham were without doubt the best team in the game. At my time of life it would take a minor miracle to see them topping Super League and playing at Wembley but I hope you get to see it someday.

As for this forum, I read it every day and sad to say the numbers who post seem to be dwindling. I hope that changes too because there used to be a lot of banter and good natured discussion which now seems lacking.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users