TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Ryan Wright

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,976 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 06:39 PM

I thought Wrighty had a cracking game today. He had a hand in two of our tries and scored one himself. He took a few high shots and I think his tackling is getting better.

The lad is doing well, I hope he gets offered a contract for next season!

Edited by Eddie_Rombo, 03 August 2014 - 06:39 PM.

#2 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,625 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 07:32 PM

He always adds some enthusiasm to the defence and his try was well deserved. To be charging down a kick and run 50m in the last minute was a great effort.

#3 graham fisher

graham fisher
  • Coach
  • 576 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 09:12 PM

He always adds some enthusiasm to the defence and his try was well deserved. To be charging down a kick and run 50m in the last minute was a great effort.

Agree I'm a big fan of Ryan Wright he's a good player,admitted he's a bit to learn but he's a young lad,these players are the future of the rams!!!

#4 NickD

NickD
  • Coach
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 06:37 AM

Couldn't agree more, but suspect he wont get a look in when Godwin returns. 

#5 ramsfandan

ramsfandan
  • Players
  • 70 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 02:50 PM

ryan wright excellent talent he was solid in defence yday and adds that spark from dummy half he should be kept on 

#6 graham fisher

graham fisher
  • Coach
  • 576 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 05:47 PM

Come on Glenn offer this lad a new contract,what a talent when he came off the bench today he took us forward!!

#7 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,750 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 06:03 PM

I hear that Wright has been offered a new job that will make it difficult for him to play for us. The new job is a bigger opportunity than a few years as a semi-pro RL player so I understand that he won't be with us next season.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#8 graham fisher

graham fisher
  • Coach
  • 576 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 06:21 PM

I hear that Wright has been offered a new job that will make it difficult for him to play for us. The new job is a bigger opportunity than a few years as a semi-pro RL player so I understand that he won't be with us next season.

BSJ where do you get your information from?I agree with most things you say but your way of the mark on this one!!!

#9 FarOutRam

FarOutRam
  • Coach
  • 241 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 06:22 PM

Wright always makes an impression when he comes on. I hope he stays with us.

#10 Rams fan

Rams fan
  • Players
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 06:24 PM

BSJ You are definately wrong on this one. His job will not prevent him from playing I too would like to know where you got this info from

#11 bov

bov
  • Players
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 06:40 PM

BSJ You are definately wrong on this one. His job will not prevent him from playing I too would like to know where you got this info from

i know for a FACT his job wouldnt be a problem...whos been whispering in your ear johnny only talking to him in bar TODAY...how you know about his employment .......hed love to stay JOB NO PROBLEM.....its upto glen to offer him a contract....dont talk s8.......

#12 Rams fan

Rams fan
  • Players
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 07:04 PM

I rate Wrighty as well and think he just needs a good run of games. He always seems to add that extra spark when he comes on the field. IMO he is a natural Hooker unlike Hemingway who I think is far better as a half. Wrighty's distribution of the ball is much better and quicker and the rest of the team seem to react more to Wrighty. I hope Glenn offers him a deal for next season as I think he could learn a lot from Godwin especially if they are given the opportunity to play together

#13 bov

bov
  • Players
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 07:11 PM

OPPURTUNITY......its been there all season...wasted

#14 John North

John North
  • Coach
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 07:15 PM

BSJ  how dare you post without a signed affidavit from your sources. Good god man, anybody would think this is an open forum

Red Amber Black - Its that simple

#15 NewtonRam

NewtonRam
  • Players
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 07:22 PM

Wright is a better hooker than Hemingway. He plays what's in front, puts in a shift every minute he's on the pitch and can pass both ways...from the floor!

#16 Rams fan

Rams fan
  • Players
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 07:38 PM

His defense is good too and his work rate probably goes unoticed by a lot of fans I bet he must be one of the top tacklers every game he plays relative to his actual game time

#17 Netherton Ram

Netherton Ram
  • Coach
  • 533 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 07:39 PM

Does nobody notice the mistakes Wright makes?

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

#18 Ackroman

Ackroman
  • Coach
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 08:06 PM

Wright is a better hooker than Hemingway. He plays what's in front, puts in a shift every minute he's on the pitch and can pass both ways...from the floor!

I think you're splitting hairs. You should be grateful the club has 2 players of that standard.

Edited by Ackroman, 10 August 2014 - 08:08 PM.

#19 NewtonRam

NewtonRam
  • Players
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 08:19 PM

I think you're splitting hairs. You should be grateful the club has 2 players of that standard.

Unfortunately, at this level, splitting hairs, particularly around the ruck, can make a huge difference.

Edited by NewtonRam, 10 August 2014 - 08:25 PM.

#20 Ackroman

Ackroman
  • Coach
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 08:41 PM

Unfortunately, at this level, splitting hairs, particularly around the ruck, can make a huge difference.

....and yet the game today saw no real difference in effect, regardless. Embrace you're luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users