Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

today's game

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 mickburkes boots

mickburkes boots
  • Coach
  • 131 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 09:03 PM

Couldn't get to game today, sounds like an other early try against us again,over all was it a good game?

#2 Little Lion Man

Little Lion Man
  • Coach
  • 333 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 12:57 AM

Maybe I am suffering from end of season fatigue but it was one of the worst games of rugby I have seen in a while. Two team struggling to put anything together. Swinton have been involved in narrow games all year, have shown fighting spirit but have proved an inability to win matches. Keighley, on the other hand, were able to play poorly and win ugly.

With relegation confirmed we can regroup with as many as possible from this year and come back fighting. Two promotion spots in what promises to be a competitive league next year.

The only surprise, based on today is that Keighley are not joining us in the new League 1.

Got to say Mike Morrison was immense and well deserving of the man of the match award - if the other can follow his lead and sign on for 2015 - I will spend the winter looking forward to the new season

Cheers

I don't mind stealing bread from the mouths of decadence.

"Be mindful of the prayers you send,
Pray hard but pray with care,
For the tears that you are crying now,
Are just your answered prayers"

#3 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 931 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 08:24 AM

Keighley bored us to death. The ref (was that Turley again?) allowed them to spend days lay on top in the tackle and kept a very skinny 10 meters.
Whenever they had the ball and put it through hands they looked dangerous, we just didn't really bother. Plenty of effect but on the whole ineffective.

Let's hope we can finish the season off with no pressure and play some rugby. We WILL NOT finish next to bottom!!!!!!!!

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

#4 mickburkes boots

mickburkes boots
  • Coach
  • 131 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 08:44 AM

Doesn't sound good like 14 against 13 players, sounds a dour game not helped by the ref

#5 greengrass

greengrass
  • Coach
  • 204 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 11:39 AM

I thought we played ok and would say apart from Leigh I honestly believe we have one of the best packs in our division, we are missing a quality scrum half (I know there rare). 

I think now with the BOD working very hard behind the scenes and My Duffy working on recruitment lets get the squad signed up early and get a great pre-season behind us and come back stronger and better.

I think the 4 senior players who have signed this week show there buying into the club vision and is great testament to everyone at the club and shows its not all doom and gloom.

#6 dummy scissors

dummy scissors
  • Coach
  • 263 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 01:47 PM

It was another close result with lots of effort once again from our lads and the forwards worked their socks off as usual but the Lions again lacked ideas and inspiration in attack particularly close to the opposition line.  When breaks were made from further out we were just too short of pace to back them up to full effect.  Keighley were much quicker and slicker in the backs and kicked the ball more effectively than us and deserved the win. Our kicking game remains very ordinary at best and if the referee was making it a mean ten yards at the play the ball Keighley had the pace and experience to take more advantage of it than we did and our pedestrian distribution of the ball did not help.  There were lots of errors from both teams in what was a fairly uninspiring match.

#7 mickburkes boots

mickburkes boots
  • Coach
  • 131 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 10:46 PM

Hope we can do it at Sheffield alerton stadium, pitch like a postage stamp so hopefully we can contain and compete for the full 80minutes

Edited by mickburkes boots, 05 August 2014 - 10:47 PM.