TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

New Investors

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 947 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 08:30 AM

I didn't make the Fax game but apparently there was mention in the programme of two new investors to the board. Any conformation of this and further info please BOD?

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

#2 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 10:49 AM

To confirm..we do have two parties who have invested in the club, at this stage they do not want to have their identities made public which we have to respect.

What we need is others to come forward willing to put money in to the club in any way they think fit such as purchase of shares, sponsorships or just plain old donations. Now we know that next year we will be in League 1 the budgets will become even tighter than this year and if the Swinton fans can help us in anyway then it will only be to the benefit of everyone.

The BOM are doing there best and we are looking to launch a Sponsors evening in September, more details to follow.

#3 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 01:47 PM

Is it not time to seek some clarification from Dr Koukash as to his intentions in view of the information imparted at the meeting at Swinton Legion?

#4 steve wild

steve wild
  • Coach
  • 643 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 07:36 PM

There's been several updates since the Legion meeting & there's no hidden agenda. MK has no interest in Swinton RLFC without approval of his town centre plans. MK met his 30 June deadline with the council, but we don't expect any further info until council returns from recess in September. Any further meeting with MK or his reps is pointless in the meantime. It seems the underlying insinuation is that we're not taking the MK situation seriously, which is far from the truth.

#5 TIM THE LION

TIM THE LION
  • Coach
  • 370 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 08:04 PM

Makes sense it's the ground he wants, it makes perfect business sense. He won't make much if any cash at the AJBell the Lions would be an added bonus where he could blood young talent and bring his players back to full fitness. Back to reality though can't wait till some more players signed are announced, it really is good to see us preparing so early for next season it can only be a good thing.

Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little.

Edmund Burke

#6 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 08:11 PM

No underlying insinuation from me Steve,I fully understand that the club has to proceed on the assumption that there will be no takeover.My thinking is that with nothing definitive it may potentially affect any other potential investors however having seen Marshys post my fears maybe unfounded.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users