Keith T's thumb..

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Chrome Dome

Chrome Dome
  • Players
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 09:56 AM

Sorry to hear about the injury Keith, but I bet you don't feel the pain as bad as the jambos do?

Regarding the away support I was disappointed by their response at the final whistle, yes we all dislike losing a match but they were OTT.

I was stood with a big 'Townie', yes a big lad, who was giving and taking banter all the game - I even got dragged into it with the 'baldy' insults fired from the mob at the back of the popular side (oh it made me blush to be so personally insulted lol).

I never gave any banter back all the 80 mins, but took plenty, I was too concerned with the closeness of proceedings on the pitch.

However at the hooter I celebrated and turned toward the saddos and patted my head saying "don't mess with the baldies"...my only response all afternoon to so many insults - but the anger from some of those who 'gave it' was beyond belief.

RL has always boasted that the aggro belongs to Soccer and not on the 13 a side terraces.

Well I saw many who contradict that theory in Haven colours yesterday, so very very sad.

Anyhow Keith thumbs, bring on the Bulls next season.

#2 OttO

OttO
  • Coach
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 10:08 AM

Nothing worse than bad losers!!!

Edited by OttO, 04 August 2014 - 10:09 AM.

"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

#3 Hate the rec

Hate the rec
  • Workington
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 02:17 PM

Sorry to hear about the injury Keith, but I bet you don't feel the pain as bad as the jambos do?

Regarding the away support I was disappointed by their response at the final whistle, yes we all dislike losing a match but they were OTT.

I was stood with a big 'Townie', yes a big lad, who was giving and taking banter all the game - I even got dragged into it with the 'baldy' insults fired from the mob at the back of the popular side (oh it made me blush to be so personally insulted lol).

I never gave any banter back all the 80 mins, but took plenty, I was too concerned with the closeness of proceedings on the pitch.

However at the hooter I celebrated and turned toward the saddos and patted my head saying "don't mess with the baldies"...my only response all afternoon to so many insults - but the anger from some of those who 'gave it' was beyond belief.

RL has always boasted that the aggro belongs to Soccer and not on the 13 a side terraces.

Well I saw many who contradict that theory in Haven colours yesterday, so very very sad.

We were stood not far from you CD and could hear the insults that you are talking about, well over the top pal, I also seen the idiot in the Shaven top that KeithT is on about, the desent Shaven fans will defo know him as he had on what looked like a proper players top with the number and McAvoy name on it so he shouldnt be hard to identify.

#4 Davo5

Davo5
  • Coach
  • 507 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 03:13 PM

If he is identified,I would hope the club ban him from all future haven games,there should be no place in our game for behaviour like that.

#5 bomberisgod

bomberisgod
  • Coach
  • 178 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 04:56 PM

Glad you are o.k Keith.

#6 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 650 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 05:10 PM

ha and I believe I came down and shook your hands after the match nowt at all wrong with baldies marra

#7 Chrome Dome

Chrome Dome
  • Players
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 05:22 PM

Yes Donald you did indeed shake hands well done.....but a guy stood near you looked like he was having a heart attack when i was patting my head at him, he needs to remember when you give you also must be capable of taking it...like you did.

#8 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 650 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 05:39 PM

Yes Donald you did indeed shake hands well done.....but a guy stood near you looked like he was having a heart attack when i was patting my head at him, he needs to remember when you give you also must be capable of taking it...like you did.

ha that was more than likely my brother he gets a bit hot headed especially with a few shandies I was off the pop yesterday I'd just got bk from a weekend bender

#9 Monkeydo

Monkeydo
  • Coach
  • 513 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 06:36 PM

ha that was more than likely my brother he gets a bit hot headed especially with a few shandies I was off the pop yesterday I'd just got bk from a weekend bender

Oo-er! Didn't know you swung that way donald

#10 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 650 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 08:23 PM

Oo-er! Didn't know you swung that way donald

ha I'll change that to a crazy weekends drinking sesh

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users