Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

League Leaders Shield

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,361 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 02:55 PM

Who will win the League Leaders Shield this year? With four points between the top six teams and only four league games to go, it seems to be a tighter race than for a few years. Leeds and Wire have at least one extra game to play of course with the Challenge Cup on this weekend.

Who are you tipping?

I'll go for Wigan.

#2 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,426 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 04:16 PM

TBH I think Leigh have got it sewn up. Hopefully we can spoil their party on Friday.

A Fev Blog

#3 Progman

Progman
  • Coach
  • 365 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 05:02 PM

They all seem to be doing their best not to finish top

#4 Eldujo

Eldujo
  • Coach
  • 368 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 05:13 PM

I meant to put some money on Saints last year to win it when their signings for this year started being announced. I never got round to it so hopefully they won't win it just so I don't feel like I've lost a few quid. Suspect their injury list will scupper their chances at holding onto the lead.

I'd go along with the OP and Wigan to win it this year. As for the Grand Final, suspect that's between Wigan and Leeds at the moment but hopefully Wire or Giants can find some form and cause an upset or two. Not sure what Cas's run in looks like but surely they can't keep on winning can they. Would be great if they could though.

#5 philipw

philipw
  • Coach
  • 546 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 06:06 PM

I meant to put some money on Saints last year to win it when their signings for this year started being announced. I never got round to it so hopefully they won't win it just so I don't feel like I've lost a few quid. Suspect their injury list will scupper their chances at holding onto the lead.

I'd go along with the OP and Wigan to win it this year. As for the Grand Final, suspect that's between Wigan and Leeds at the moment but hopefully Wire or Giants can find some form and cause an upset or two. Not sure what Cas's run in looks like but surely they can't keep on winning can they. Would be great if they could though.

Warrington (A)

Bradford (H)

Wakefield (H)

Catalans (A)

All four are winnable, but more than likely three from four. That depends on how they deal with the semi final on Sunday and any possible final if they beat Widnes.

#6 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,954 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 07:10 PM

Edited by Robin Evans, 04 August 2014 - 07:11 PM.

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#7 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,361 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 08:06 PM

Saints play

Wakefield (H)

Leeds (A)

Wire (H)

Hudds (A

A fairly demanding run in.

#8 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,361 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 08:15 PM

Wigan play

Hull KR (A)

Widnes A)

Leeds (H)

Wire(H)

Should be some good games in that lot with a couple of easy run outs at home.  ;)

#9 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,361 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 08:23 PM

Leeds play

London (A)

Saints (H)

Wigan (A)

Hull (A)

A couple of potential tough pieces of meat in that sandwich.

Edited by longboard, 04 August 2014 - 08:36 PM.

#10 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,361 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 08:35 PM

Wire play

Cas (H)

Hudds (H)

Saints (A)

Wigan (A)

A pretty damn tough quartet of games for Warrington. Stevo might call it a quatrain though.  ;)

#11 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,361 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 08:40 PM

Hudds play

Widnes (H)

Wire (A)

Hull (H)

Saints (H)

A hard end to to the season. Hudds have very little chance of winning the LLS. 

#12 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,482 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 08:46 PM

It won't be Saints.  We have no playmakers.  Can't win anything without playmakers as the team is just a bunch of headless chickens.

#13 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,361 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 08:46 PM

All in all some pretty interesting matches to look forward to in the next few weeks.

#14 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,361 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 08:54 PM

It won't be Saints.  We have no playmakers.  Can't win anything without playmakers as the team is just a bunch of headless chickens.

I reckon they'll find it tough.

Terrible luck with the injuries to Walsh, Lomax & Hohaia.

Edited by longboard, 04 August 2014 - 08:55 PM.

#15 Clarold

Clarold
  • Players
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 09:51 PM

Hudds play

Widnes (H)

Wire (A)

Hull (H)

Saints (H)

A hard end to to the season. Hudds have very little chance of winning the LLS. 

5th or 6th will suit us fine, this season, a home match followed by a trip to a losing team. Winning LLS last year took too much out of us.

Cup finalists will not win LLS, and we owe Saints after Brough drop goal outrage, which will allow Wigan the way through on final weekend.

Edited by Clarold, 04 August 2014 - 10:00 PM.

#16 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,361 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 10:00 PM

5th or 6th will suit us fine, this season, a home match followed by a trip to a losing team. Winning LLS last year took too much out of us.

Cup finalists will not win LLS, and we owe Saints after Brough drop goal outrage, which will allow Wigan the way through on final weekend.

Top four would be good.

#17 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,306 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 06:31 PM

Wigan.
Once you have tasted excellence,you cannot go back to mediocrity.

#18 johnh1

johnh1
  • Players
  • 71 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 07:39 PM

Yep, I think Wigan on those run ins. Some damn good games to come in the final four though. We are in for a treat.

#19 snapski

snapski
  • Coach
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 08:01 PM

Wigan on points difference

#20 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,091 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 09:05 PM

It won't be Saints. We have no playmakers. Can't win anything without playmakers as the team is just a bunch of headless chickens.

You're right unfortunately.

Walsh was the key but he is gone. I always though Gaskell would have developed enough to command a team by now. I guess his head is not in the right place or whatever.

Saints will lose by 10-12 points to one of the top 5 to exit the plays offs this season IMO.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users