York City Knights v Gateshead Thunder
Huntington Stadium

Ref: G Hewer

#2 ThunderArmy

ThunderArmy
  • Coach
  • 286 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 12:08 AM

Really looking forward to this game, hoping we perform for the full 80minutes against you guys as the 2games this season weve only performed for 40minutes in each of them, we have the players to worry you guys just hope we turn up confidence is high after 3 straight wins...believe benn hardcastle cant play for us against you which is a shame hes been fantastic for us the 2 games he has played for us, should be a great game...see you all there, boom boom thunder army!

#3 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,350 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 07:14 AM

Bit in Press today - big suprise to me - says Iain Morrison could be back for the Hunslet game, but this week will be too early for him

#4 Simon Hall

Simon Hall
  • 2,673 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 10:53 AM

I hope that loopy Gateshead photographer will be at the game, excellent entertainment.

Printing & Graphic Design - Nationwide
Leaflets | Flyers | Matchday Programmes | Business Cards | Letterheads | Brochures | Posters | plus much, much more!
T: 01904 765334 | E: info@alldesignandprint.co.uk

Official Matchday Magazine print & design partner to York City Knights, Hunslet Hawks & Dewsbury Rams

alldesignandprint.co.uk

#5 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,350 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 11:50 AM

I hope that loopy Gateshead photographer will be at the game, excellent entertainment.

No half time p**s for me then......

#6 BEANO

BEANO
  • Coach
  • 184 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 05:55 PM

we need to keep Lionel under control as well then,  cause he will get over that barrier one of theese days :D

York and Proud of it

#7 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,350 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 07:14 AM

Good news - RFL disciplinary - Ed Smith & Joe Pickets

No Charge

Player does become involved in confrontation with opponent.

DVD inconclusive as to exact point of contact. Sin Bin Sufficient

(think they mean Sending off sufficient in Ed's case)

#8 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,134 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 09:32 AM

weather forecast not good for sunday. could be a slog.

joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#9 BIG IAN

BIG IAN
  • Coach
  • 3,049 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 10:47 AM

Hunslet sign Luke Brisco on duel regarding. .
Posted Image
Posted Image

#10 andyacko

andyacko
  • Coach
  • 4,140 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 10:54 AM

Hunslet sign Luke Brisco on duel regarding.

Duel Regarding - that's new, Ian.

#11 BIG IAN

BIG IAN
  • Coach
  • 3,049 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 12:02 PM

Bloody predicted text.
Anyway he's on lone, got it wrong.
Don't you have had to play so many games etc to play in playoffs .
Posted Image
Posted Image

#12 andyacko

andyacko
  • Coach
  • 4,140 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 01:51 PM

Six, I think, mate.

Probably worried they wont make the playoffs, eh ? :D 

#13 jayemm

jayemm
  • Coach
  • 1,607 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 11:26 AM

we need to keep Lionel under control as well then,  cause he will get over that barrier one of theese days :D

Just watched it again on You Tube. Lionel goes mental. about 37:30 mins.

#14 DEANO

DEANO
  • Coach
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 04:13 PM

result never in doubt. trouble with photo man again

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

#15 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,350 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 07:40 AM

Just happy to get the win, not really sure how we let them back into the game, maybe should just give Gateshead KR credit, they played some decent stuff

Great to see Jack Aldous get MOM, Ed Smith & Ryan Backhouse very good again & Salts outstanding as usual, Ben Dent totally certain he got the ball away for their last try so should not have been given

Massive match of the season on Sunday then, could do with Haynsey fit but sounds very doubtful, but confident the lads will complete the job, loads of support from us will help

#16 ANDYPK

ANDYPK
  • Coach
  • 2,039 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 08:54 AM

Think Gateshead are one of the best, if not the best we have seen at HS this year, they are direct and play good rugby and looked capable of scoring most times they were in our half. Think Hewer helped them with a skinny 10yds and some soft penalties also got them off the hook a few times, dark horses and will be strong play-off competition. Overall a win is a win and not many teams in this division lie down and go away and intensity in games is much better to watch than a 60-0 in my book any day.

Jack Aldous has been immense last two seasons but, the try he scored yesterday with three or four guys on him really showed his strength and aggression, his fitness is always top notch and we cannot afford to lose him and we will if early contract talks with the 'must keep' players don't start now. Heard GT say on the radio that JG might have changed his mind and be prepared to talk to players after losing Jack Lee, I really hope he has. The other rumour is Fordy as coach next season, not for me I'm afraid, get GT signed up now, he's done a great job with the team this season and brought in some very good loan/DR players when needed.
Posted Image

#17 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,134 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 09:05 AM

Jack Aldous def man of the match. all the the forwards deserve credit,that was a big pack they faced yesterday. i thought Hewer was very generous to them after the sin binning, but York must learn how to close a game out. silly offloads and silly pens gave Thunder far too much posession. if you have the ball, then they can't score, no need to keep playing at 100 miles an hour. well done boys, looking forward to next week.

joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#18 BIG IAN

BIG IAN
  • Coach
  • 3,049 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 10:10 AM

Agree Andy we have got to get GT a contract for next season no matter what div we are in.
For me he has been the knights best coach, just ousting agar.
Sign him up now.

Edited by BIG IAN, 11 August 2014 - 10:13 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#19 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,350 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 10:40 AM

Agree Andy we have got to get GT a contract for next season no matter what div we are in.
For me he has been the knights best coach, just ousting agar.
Sign him up now.

100% same here

Just a thought, don't think Gateshead will be able to play Cox & Lovegrove in the play offs as they won't have played the 6 league games you need to qualify, certain it would have a been a lot different game if the had not played yesterday

#20 andyacko

andyacko
  • Coach
  • 4,140 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 12:12 PM

Haynsey seemed fairly confident he'd be ok for next week when I spoke to him after game.

Aldous was superb, again but I thought Salty just nicked MOM.

Agree about GT, by the way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users