• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#21 greavesy

greavesy
  • Coach
  • 534 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 08:15 PM

They have been cleared of that by the RFL - it was in League Express

Now they have to get past minimum ground standards for next season. I will be whispering in a few ears about that one maybe you could still be playing us in championship 1  

#22 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 08:40 PM

thought the eagles were moving back to the new staduim being built at don valley

#23 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,353 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 09:46 PM

thought the eagles were moving back to the new staduim being built at don valley

Wot new stadium

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#24 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 05:09 AM

Haven a look on their website it's on their

#25 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,858 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 07:40 AM

Haven a look on their website it's on their

same company by any chance that built
wakefield & castlefords new grounds

fantasy island INC

;)

#26 brummie-eagle

brummie-eagle
  • Coach
  • 819 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 08:01 AM

1. Sheffield didn't make the allegation, that's just a rumour started by bitter Dewsbury fans

2. Sheffield loaned a player from Fev which was cleared by the RFL well before the deadline

3. Someone should tell the Sheffield board the new ground is fantasy island as the funding is in place, the technical college to go with the stadium has been cleared, the architects have designed it and their is a schedule to start building it in readiness for 2016

4. Would you all like some vinegar with your chips?

why dont they just give andy farrell his medal now?- ray french before the challenge cup final 1998

#27 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 08:03 AM

Wakey and Cas move into theirs this year.......last year ...and the year before;

#28 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,719 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 08:13 AM

1. Sheffield didn't make the allegation, that's just a rumour started by bitter Dewsbury fans

2. Sheffield loaned a player from Fev which was cleared by the RFL well before the deadline

3. Someone should tell the Sheffield board the new ground is fantasy island as the funding is in place, the technical college to go with the stadium has been cleared, the architects have designed it and their is a schedule to start building it in readiness for 2016

4. Would you all like some vinegar with your chips?

Other peoples' money again I presume.

When will Sheffield RLFC become self-sustaining?

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#29 brummie-eagle

brummie-eagle
  • Coach
  • 819 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 08:17 AM

We run more junior teams than anyone else in the comp, we have put a substantial amount of money into the proposed new ground, best sponsorship structure in the league, no handouts from the RFL thanks to Dewsbury's insistence all those years ago, I'd say we're pretty self-sustaining, thanks for the concern

why dont they just give andy farrell his medal now?- ray french before the challenge cup final 1998

#30 guest from down under

guest from down under
  • 2,447 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 08:50 AM

I think that the bravado  from the eagles is a little inconsiderate towards the other championship clubs  considering that they were given special dispensation from those same clubs to play their home games for the time being at the totally not fit for purpose owlerton .

#31 brummie-eagle

brummie-eagle
  • Coach
  • 819 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 08:57 AM

There's no bravado, I just get bored of people sticking it into the club when its all based on false rumours and lies.

#32 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,892 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 10:13 AM

Sheffield (allegedly) may have their own problems with a loanee not having a valid work permit (allegedly).

Don't understand this - that's not how loans work.  Clubs don't pay loan players, they pay the club which owns the registration.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#33 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,892 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 10:16 AM

Isn't 2016 the year in which Back to the Future is set ?   Shouldn't we be riding hoverboards by then ?

Myself - I like to wait and see ........

#34 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,892 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 10:20 AM

Other peoples' money again I presume.

When will Sheffield RLFC become self-sustaining?

Is Dewsbury self sustaining yet, Johnny ?  Or does it still rely on Mark Sawyer ?

#35 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,719 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 11:17 AM

Is Dewsbury self sustaining yet, Johnny ?  Or does it still rely on Mark Sawyer ?

It relies upon its shareholders yes, not upon local taxpayers with no interest in RL.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#36 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,892 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 11:18 AM

It relies upon its shareholders yes, not upon local taxpayers with no interest in RL.

Not self sufficient then, eh ?  But, then, who is ?

Nothing from work in the schools ?

Edited by Griff, 07 August 2014 - 11:20 AM.

#37 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,719 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 12:40 PM

Not self sufficient then, eh ?  But, then, who is ?

Nothing from work in the schools ?

Relying upon shareholders funds is self-sufficient, but maybe you meant sustainable, which it isn't.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#38 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,892 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 12:56 PM

Relying upon shareholders funds is self-sufficient, but maybe you meant sustainable, which it isn't.

Well, there we disagree.

"Self-sufficient" means the club survives on the income it generates from its operations - not borrows from whatever lenders it can find.

Few clubs are "self-sufficient".  Maybe only Leeds.  Maybe not even Leeds.

#39 9' oller

9' oller
  • Coach
  • 3,665 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 12:56 PM

Sheffield magpies the most hated team in the comp.

Aston a lovely bloke to boot

The most unfashionable yet over achieving mutts around

#40 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,054 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 01:05 PM

Here's a thought; when we're deducted points and lose our place in the division as a result, will the individual responsible for incorrectly registering Fairbank do the right thing by taking responsibility and gracefully falling on their sword?
I know that in many business environments, a resignation would be offered in this context.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users