Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Oh dear

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 04:30 PM

From the RFL

Two clubs have been charged with breaching RFL Operational Rules relating to dual registration by fielding ineligible players in Kingstone Press Championship fixtures.

Batley Bulldogs and Doncaster have been charged with breaching Operational Rule D1.20 which states that dual registration players who have a salary cap value of £20,000 or more must have played in at least three league fixtures for the Championship club that season before the end-of-season registration deadline in order to play in games which fall after the deadline, whether they be regular season or play-off games.

The charges follow complaints that Jacob Fairbank, a dual registered player from Huddersfield Giants, played for Batley against Sheffield Eagles, and that Ben Crooks, a dual-registered player from Hull FC, played for Doncaster against Keighley Cougars. Both matches were played on Sunday July 27, two days after the registration deadline for the Kingstone Press Championship closed.

The charges will be heard by an independent Operational Rules Tribunal which has been scheduled for Thursday August 14.

If found guilty, Batley and Doncaster face a range of sanctions, including a fine and/or the deduction of competition points.

Dewsbury Rams have been cleared of an allegation that they fielded an ineligible player in a Championship fixture against Barrow Raiders on the same day.

So we are all but down if we lose Sunday IMO.
What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#2 M Hopkins

M Hopkins
  • 665 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 04:42 PM

Massive game on Sunday. And either way I hope we have nothing to do with DR in the future.

#3 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,858 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 04:46 PM

Ok so the if's and but's are gone

how would a fine work

batley won their game with the dodgy player
where as doncaster lost
if you fine donny and batley 3 points thats not exacty fair as batley will only be losing the 3 points they won illegally..
to take 3 points from batley and only fine donny money also seems unfair..
so will the rfl fine batley 6 points and donny 3 then in retrospect they have both recieved the same punishment...

regardless surely the rfl will remove the 3 points won vs sheffield...

Think if donny had won at keighley it would have been fairly easy to sort out with just taking 3 points off each team and dishing out a small fine suspended.

lets see what happens

#4 bulldogtrev

bulldogtrev
  • Coach
  • 416 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 04:56 PM

The statement was expected. Surprised though how long the process is taking. 

In Batley's case there is the 3 points Sheffield have lost. If found guilty I can see Batley having to play Sheffield again.

"Anyone who does not watch rugby league is not a real person."

-John Singleton,

#5 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 04:56 PM

Ok so the if's and but's are gone

how would a fine work

batley won their game with the dodgy player
where as doncaster lost
if you fine donny and batley 3 points thats not exacty fair as batley will only be losing the 3 points they won illegally..
to take 3 points from batley and only fine donny money also seems unfair..
so will the rfl fine batley 6 points and donny 3 then in retrospect they have both recieved the same punishment...

regardless surely the rfl will remove the 3 points won vs sheffield...

Think if donny had won at keighley it would have been fairly easy to sort out with just taking 3 points off each team and dishing out a small fine suspended.

lets see what happens

A defeat on sunday and a points desuction would put us right up against it with only one halfback.

Feeling very let down and dissapointed by all of this - even if it bypassed the board, surely the coach should have known not to pick him - even the fans knew he was ineligible

A very dark day for our club.

Edited by buford t justice, 06 August 2014 - 04:58 PM.

#6 M Hopkins

M Hopkins
  • 665 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 04:57 PM

To be fair we would have won either way against Sheffield. The result should not make a difference to the punishment. Batley and Doncaster have committed the same offence and should be punished accordingly.

If not we could judge the punishment based on each players performance on the day with respect to that of his team-mates.

Ridiculous is the answer.

#7 bulldogtrev

bulldogtrev
  • Coach
  • 416 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 05:35 PM

To be fair we would have won either way against Sheffield. The result should not make a difference to the punishment. Batley and Doncaster have committed the same offence and should be punished accordingly.

If not we could judge the punishment based on each players performance on the day with respect to that of his team-mates.

Ridiculous is the answer.

Fairbank made a big difference to the Batley team at Sheffield and without him it is difficult to say if Batley would have won the game. When Halifax beat Swinton easily in the Challenge Cup in 2010 and played an ineligible player they where kicked out of the tournament and Swinton progressed to the next round. I would not be surprised if the Sheffield v Batley game is replayed or the result reversed. Lets hope Kevin's got a good reason/defence next Thursday for playing Fairbank.

"Anyone who does not watch rugby league is not a real person."

-John Singleton,

#8 Lone Drinker

Lone Drinker
  • Coach
  • 236 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 05:49 PM

The thread management on this board leaves a lot to be desired. Why couldn't this go in the 'Points Deduction' thread, keeping all the relevant discussion in one place.

#9 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,858 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 05:49 PM

Cannot see the points awarded to sheffied
regardless of what or who aston hooks,ducks or even f...... at red hall
dont see a replay either

straight points off would be the answer

#10 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,203 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 06:42 PM

If it were reversed and Sheffield had beaten us with an ineligible player I would be very annoyed. But if we play them again and they don't even get a bonus point then what. Donny should also play keighley again as although they lost the points difference could play its part in the final positions but what if donny win? Not an easy answer whatever happens

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#11 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,171 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 06:54 PM

I suspect a 3 point deduction will be applied to both teams

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#12 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,203 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 07:08 PM

Me too

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

#13 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,463 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 07:19 PM

If it were reversed and Sheffield had beaten us with an ineligible player I would be very annoyed. But if we play them again and they don't even get a bonus point then what. Donny should also play keighley again as although they lost the points difference could play its part in the final positions but what if donny win? Not an easy answer whatever happens

No doubt the players would get paid twice? It's not really a practicable solution is it? There will be a punishment for any clubs that have been found to have transgressed but I can't see Sheffield or Keighley getting any retrospective benefit.

I can't imagine that Mark Aston would complain about that at all.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#14 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,009 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 07:22 PM

Your coach on boots n all didn't look his usual jaunty self . Looked like a man with a few worries ! With all that sky work , and now wales , do you guys feel his mind is fully on the ball ?

#15 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,203 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 07:28 PM

Yep still think he's the best man for the job. The annoying thing is over the last few years we've had some fantastic players but never been able to hang on to them. As with most sports when money enters the frame small clubs will suffer but even if we end up playing in the third tier I'll still be there shouting for the dogs

#16 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,858 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 07:45 PM

hows that gonna work donny lose 3 and batley lose 3 ( which in reality theyve lost none)

there has to be 3 points difference between the punishments if donny get 1 batley 4 donny get 2 batley get 5... the 3 points batley got for the win have to be stripped plus what donny get as a punishment.

#17 John North

John North
  • Coach
  • 1,540 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 07:52 PM

I would be very surprised if the actual result of the games in question had any bearing on the punishment meeted out (should the clubs be found guilty ofc)

Red Amber Black - Its that simple

#18 greavesy

greavesy
  • Coach
  • 498 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 07:57 PM

hows that gonna work donny lose 3 and batley lose 3 ( which in reality theyve lost none)

there has to be 3 points difference between the punishments if donny get 1 batley 4 donny get 2 batley get 5... the 3 points batley got for the win have to be stripped plus what donny get as a punishment.

There is a white line needs hand painting between junction 28 and 29 on the moterway Do you fancy it Coolie ?. Surely better to try that than post the utter drivel you come up with on this post.

#19 redditchbulldog

redditchbulldog
  • Coach
  • 1,676 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 07:58 PM

Yep still think he's the best man for the job. The annoying thing is over the last few years we've had some fantastic players but never been able to hang on to them. As with most sports when money enters the frame small clubs will suffer but even if we end up playing in the third tier I'll still be there shouting for the dogs

and so will i ,be there at skolars,all golds,bears,stags and oxford  etc shouting for the dogs 

Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

#20 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 08:44 PM

and so will i ,be there at skolars,all golds,bears,stags and oxford etc shouting for the dogs

Apparently you can feed the ducks at half time at Oxford.

Who need the championship anyway? Its overrated!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users