Dale Bid for Stadium

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 The Baron Mk11

The Baron Mk11
  • Coach
  • 792 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 05:13 PM

Keith Hill made it clear on Manchester Radio that Rochdale AFC have made a substantial bid to buy the ground. I believe it was on Alan Beswick's show this morning. Councillor Alan Brett will be responding to Keith Hill on tomorrows show.

Part of the interview with Keith Hill was repeated this afternoon on a sports bulletin. 

QUIS CUSTODIAT IPSOS CUSTODES

#2 ArthurDaley

ArthurDaley
  • Coach
  • 521 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 09:11 PM

Discussed on the Dale MB again, it seems to come up every few months.

http://www.fansnetwo...tadium-news/#10
A large VAT Dave please.

Allso known as Teodozjusz Matuschanskavasky

#3 The Baron Mk11

The Baron Mk11
  • Coach
  • 792 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 03:18 PM

Councillor Alan Brett in response said "I am flabbergasted, it's the first I have heard of it, and if the football club have a plan then I suggest they get in touch and start talking".

#4 ArthurDaley

ArthurDaley
  • Coach
  • 521 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 06:06 PM

Councillor Alan Brett in response said "I am flabbergasted, it's the first I have heard of it, and if the football club have a plan then I suggest they get in touch and start talking".

I'm flabbergasted, that he has heard nothing about it.

http://www.fansnetwo...to-spotland-bid
A large VAT Dave please.

Allso known as Teodozjusz Matuschanskavasky

#5 owfener

owfener
  • Players
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 06:32 PM

I'm flabbergasted, that he has heard nothing about it.

http://www.fansnetwo...to-spotland-bid

Just had a look. I don't use Facebook, personally but noticed a couple of comments from one Paul Stevens on their site.

Who the hell is he to ask why we were ever allowed in to Spotland after selling The Athletic Grounds. What about pulling them out of the s***. 

Edited by owfener, 07 August 2014 - 06:34 PM.

#6 Tyrone Shoelaces

Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Coach
  • 193 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 09:11 PM

Just had a look. I don't use Facebook, personally but noticed a couple of comments from one Paul Stevens on their site.
Who the hell is he to ask why we were ever allowed in to Spotland after selling The Athletic Grounds. What about pulling them out of the s***.

They'd have gone bust without the dosh they got when we bought our share of the stadium. That was common knowledge at the time.

#7 ColDale

ColDale
  • Players
  • 87 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 11:34 PM

Few points:

1) There seems to be a real case of confusion over old Hornets / new Hornets. If at the Dale we should be thankful to you for the old Hornets for saving us (which lets be fair was mutually beneficial rather than some act of benevolence by old Hornets), what should our attitude be towards the level of debt left by the old Hornets?

2) Is there a genuine belief that one day Hornets will be able to regain / acquire the shares from the RFL?

3) Does the level of debt that the Stadium Company has (upwards of £600,000) concern Hornets fans, and should as non shareholders, do Hornets have any responsibility towards that?

and for me this is the biggie

4) If a rent paying Hornets were guaranteed a place at Spotland (which I believe to be the case), what would be the problem with Dale owning the stadium 100%?

Interfering bloke who supports Dale.

#8 owfener

owfener
  • Players
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 12:41 AM

Few points:

1) There seems to be a real case of confusion over old Hornets / new Hornets. If at the Dale we should be thankful to you for the old Hornets for saving us (which lets be fair was mutually beneficial rather than some act of benevolence by old Hornets), what should our attitude be towards the level of debt left by the old Hornets?

2) Is there a genuine belief that one day Hornets will be able to regain / acquire the shares from the RFL?

3) Does the level of debt that the Stadium Company has (upwards of £600,000) concern Hornets fans, and should as non shareholders, do Hornets have any responsibility towards that?

and for me this is the biggie

4) If a rent paying Hornets were guaranteed a place at Spotland (which I believe to be the case), what would be the problem with Dale owning the stadium 100%?

Not the point. He's talking about then, not now. To quote him ''why were Hornets ever allowed into our home after selling theirs'' is what he says.

Pretty obvious, I'd say.

#9 ColDale

ColDale
  • Players
  • 87 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 06:04 AM

You're right. It is obvious and what some bloke has said on some internet site is of the most importance here rather than the future of the stadium.

Interfering bloke who supports Dale.

#10 owfener

owfener
  • Players
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 06:11 PM

Ok. It's just the bitterness and ignorance that gets me.

#11 Larry Jones

Larry Jones
  • Players
  • 45 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 06:53 PM

The Athletics ground raised a considerable sum at the time. Was it wasted that is opinion. What is not opinion is the improvements to the tip that was Spotland Stadium.

The main stand if my understanding is correct was funded by Hornets coming across.

Rochdale AFC were the sick man of football and Hornets did give them a boost, if I were the RFL I would look for alternative accommodation to be funded for Hornets and yes Oldham on the 62 with a 3K capacity and pen to BARLA.

Then let the football club have a stadium back that like the Shay was a TIP

#12 DiddyDave

DiddyDave
  • Coach
  • 225 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 09:25 PM

Surely ColDale`s point number 4 is the most pertinent;as long as Hornets are paying their way,Dale would be stupid to kick them out and as long as Chris Dunphy is in charge,the status quo would surely remain. Dale are in the box seat now with the money they got from the sale of Scott Hogan,so why wouldn`t they want to use it to acquire the stadium? It seems common sense to me,Hornets will just have a new name on the rent book,it doesn`t mean they`ll be out on the street. 1985 was a long time ago,times change and Hornets will have to change with the times,like it or not.

#13 The Baron Mk11

The Baron Mk11
  • Coach
  • 792 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 05:30 PM

According to a dale fan who went to the recent meeting, Dale have got considerable debts of their own. The way he read it, they don't really have any cash to splash.

#14 Neophyte Hornet

Neophyte Hornet
  • Players
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 08:49 PM

Edited by Neophyte Hornet, 09 August 2014 - 09:31 PM.

http://www.twitter.com/vinnieclough

!!!!! ROCHDALE HORNETS !!!!!!

RR

#15 Big Doug

Big Doug
  • Coach
  • 360 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 10:55 PM

With gates of 2,500 or so the Dale must be loosing money hand over fist. The money from the sale of Scott Hogan will mainly go to keep them solvant for another season. They might be just about keeping their heads above the water like Hornets by running on a shoe string but that is only possible for a limited period of time. The additional burden of taking the stadium on is just not a viable option for them as much as they want to.

I wonder if they do get their way what Hornets rent rent would increase to. One way or another they will eventualy force us to leave.

:girlwerewolf:  :girldevil: 

I  HAVE NEVER GONE TO BED WITH AN UGLY WOMAN. BUT I HAVE WOKEN UP WITH A FEW

#16 Tyrone Shoelaces

Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Coach
  • 193 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 03:17 PM

With gates of 2,500 or so the Dale must be loosing money hand over fist. The money from the sale of Scott Hogan will mainly go to keep them solvant for another season. They might be just about keeping their heads above the water like Hornets by running on a shoe string but that is only possible for a limited period of time. The additional burden of taking the stadium on is just not a viable option for them as much as they want to.
I wonder if they do get their way what Hornets rent rent would increase to. One way or another they will eventualy force us to leave.

You right there Doug. Their agenda is solely to remove Hornets from the stadium. After yesterday's result I would have thought any spare dosh they have would be better spent on the pitch than off it.

#17 DiddyDave

DiddyDave
  • Coach
  • 225 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 06:31 PM

Fair comment about Dale living on the breadline,selling their best players is clearly the only way they can survive,there`s nothing new in that,but so is buying the stadium in the long term. It`s the old argument about buying or renting,most of us have had to make a decision which way to go on that score. Tyrone Shoelaces assertion that the only reason Dale want to acquire the stadium is to kick Hornets out is ridiculous knowing that we all agree that Dale are so poor. Think about it,the only added source of income for Dale is using the pitch,Hornets are doing that and presumably keeping up with the rent. I have a place that I rent out,I don`t know the bloke who`s in there,but he pays the rent on time and looks after the place,so why would I want to kick him out? I`ve said it here before and I`ll say it again,for two clubs just about on the bones of their backsides and getting almost non survivable support,I would`ve thought mutual tolerance would be paramount,but for some,that`s obviously not the case. Hornets did this,Dale did that,it`s pathetic. Live and let live,you know,it`s the only way.

#18 PooingDog

PooingDog
  • Coach
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 02:32 PM

What he said^^^^^^^

Memento mori

Who cares -Wins!!!

Carpe Cerevisi

AKA. Winston Smith

Give 'em a fair trial..........and then hang 'em"

#19 Tyrone Shoelaces

Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Coach
  • 193 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:17 PM

Fair comment about Dale living on the breadline,selling their best players is clearly the only way they can survive,there`s nothing new in that,but so is buying the stadium in the long term. It`s the old argument about buying or renting,most of us have had to make a decision which way to go on that score. Tyrone Shoelaces assertion that the only reason Dale want to acquire the stadium is to kick Hornets out is ridiculous knowing that we all agree that Dale are so poor. Think about it,the only added source of income for Dale is using the pitch,Hornets are doing that and presumably keeping up with the rent. I have a place that I rent out,I don`t know the bloke who`s in there,but he pays the rent on time and looks after the place,so why would I want to kick him out? I`ve said it here before and I`ll say it again,for two clubs just about on the bones of their backsides and getting almost non survivable support,I would`ve thought mutual tolerance would be paramount,but for some,that`s obviously not the case. Hornets did this,Dale did that,it`s pathetic. Live and let live,you know,it`s the only way.

Let's say you have a disagreement with your current tenant Dave. You then kick them out. Does that mean you can't then rent out your property to someone else ? There is a significant faction of football club supporters that would like to see the demise of Hornets. You only have to read their message board to be aware of that.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces, 11 August 2014 - 03:19 PM.

#20 PooingDog

PooingDog
  • Coach
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:33 PM

It's true that there are a number of Dale supporters that would like to see Hornets fail. Unfortunately for them though, unlike Hornets, the Dale is not a Co-op and so they have very little influence on the BOD, and I don't think Mr Dunphy or the rest of the board are idiots.

Edited by PooingDog, 11 August 2014 - 03:33 PM.

Memento mori

Who cares -Wins!!!

Carpe Cerevisi

AKA. Winston Smith

Give 'em a fair trial..........and then hang 'em"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users