Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Who's the two

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 Pink panther

Pink panther
  • Players
  • 54 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 07:37 PM

Any news who the two are that resigning

#2 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,225 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 07:38 PM

I don't know but hope it's Ell Miller and Brett Phillips

#3 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 07:39 PM

Olstrom and Carter hopefully...

#4 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,009 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 07:40 PM

Is PV signed on by the way ? I forget the terms when he came .

#5 Pink panther

Pink panther
  • Players
  • 54 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 07:42 PM

C Philips and carter I think

#6 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,990 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 08:07 PM

Is PV signed on by the way ? I forget the terms when he came .

PV is signed up for next season

#7 Pink panther

Pink panther
  • Players
  • 54 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 08:33 PM

Didn't it say in paper that there was only left to resign and they were carter olstrum c Philips so this means there should only be one to sign back up (I could be wrong tho)

#8 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,554 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 08:48 PM

Didn't it say in paper that there was only left to resign and they were carter olstrum c Philips so this means there should only be one to sign back up (I could be wrong tho)

yeah put peter was only announced today but in the rle it was implied he was already on board. Think it's probably 2 we already think are signed on
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#9 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,225 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 10:21 AM

@WorkingtonTown: Marc Shackley & Callum Rowlandson are the latest Town players to have signed new deals.

#10 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,009 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 10:29 AM

Mmmm not sure what that means for the others . You'd go to and announce them first ? Come on guys you know it makes sense

#11 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 10:45 AM

I wouldn't I'd build it up to the big signings or the others would be of less interest.

#12 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,009 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 10:55 AM

Hopefully . Just thinking of PV talking about Friday . Fingers crossed a big day of announcements

#13 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,554 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 11:10 AM

You would think if carter,olstrum and Callum have signed it won't be announced until next week, as these signings were obviously finalised last week. Hopefully big Brett gets his own announcement tomorrow.

#14 BIG MAC

BIG MAC
  • Players
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 11:19 AM

Think Olstrum will go down the road myself, he is big mates with both Cotter and also Gary Eilbeck

#15 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,554 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 11:24 AM

Think Olstrum will go down the road myself, he is big mates with both Cotter and also Gary Eilbeck

hes never seemed overly fond of Whitehaven when we've played them. And I can't see him wanting to play in championship 1. I think the worrying one is carter, got a feeling he would rather be playing full back, and might get that opportunity somewhere else. I hope we keep all 3, but I think well lose at least 1.

#16 homeandawayer

homeandawayer
  • Coach
  • 1,152 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 11:33 AM

Shacks IS an important signing. He's been brilliant this year, with us losing props from last year he's really stepped up.

#17 BIG MAC

BIG MAC
  • Players
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 11:37 AM

It all depends on what they offer him plus who their new coach is going to be, a lot of whispers about Stuart Wilkinson and Dave Clarke who is in charge of the Cumbria academy after the job, Wilkinson put in for the Town job and he spit the dummy out when he didn't get and slagged the club off.

#18 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,597 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 11:44 AM

Both good signings, Shackley with a propr off season should be great to watch next season. Be interesting to see what PV does with big Callum too. He`s a big un and you usually expect laziness being a proble, but he has shown thats not the case, even when he tires he holds his hand up to take it in, still puts it all in to get back in the line etc. Fitness may be an issue but thats something that can be changed.

#19 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,009 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 11:51 AM

Young Lucock has also signed on again . He's gonna be a good ' un

#20 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,554 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 12:11 PM

Young Lucock has also signed on again . He's gonna be a good ' un

i think after the experience of this year, and being an understudy for another year under 1 of the best around then he can only keep getting better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users