Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Communications

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,595 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 11:48 AM

Seeing as though we have all been sick of the lack of communication from the club over the past few years I think its fair to congratulate them lately on a much better service, especially on social media. I`m not sure if theres someone specifically now looking after this but theres been a massive increase in it, and its good to see.

#2 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,553 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 12:09 PM

Got to say the twitter feed is top quality. For games away from home that I can't get to it's much better following that than the idiots on the radio.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#3 troutmaster

troutmaster
  • 840 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 12:37 PM

Seeing as though we have all been sick of the lack of communication from the club over the past few years I think its fair to congratulate them lately on a much better service, especially on social media. I`m not sure if theres someone specifically now looking after this but theres been a massive increase in it, and its good to see.

I think that young Mr Gilmore (gillmeister)is helping out a bit at the club so,i think we have to thank him for the new info.
Posted Image

#4 Town Army

Town Army
  • Coach
  • 255 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 03:24 PM

Yeah Peter has been taking care of that side of things recently and doing a good job of it to. Also believe that Richard De La Riviere has been doing a lot of the match day stuff so hats off to them both.

#5 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,595 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 04:34 PM

Great to see and well done to both of them, doing a great job.

#6 Townie123

Townie123
  • Coach
  • 177 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 06:15 PM

Well done

#7 bobg

bobg
  • Coach
  • 269 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 06:25 PM

A good lot on Twitter now, even a comp on now. Well done to those involved.

#8 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 06:34 PM

Thanks to Peter and Richard for stepping in to the breach with our PR and their efforts have definitely been noticed by many people.   One question though - who is Tom Carlisle who writes the bits about Town in the local newspapers?

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#9 gillmeister

gillmeister
  • Coach
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 07:14 PM

Thanks to Peter and Richard for stepping in to the breach with our PR and their efforts have definitely been noticed by many people. One question though - who is Tom Carlisle who writes the bits about Town in the local newspapers?

Tom is the new Cumbrian newspaper rugby league reporter. He will be covering both west Cumbrian clubs instead of Tony Harrison going forward
Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

#10 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 07:25 PM

Thanks to Peter and Richard for stepping in to the breach with our PR and their efforts have definitely been noticed by many people. One question though - who is Tom Carlisle who writes the bits about Town in the local newspapers?

Brilliant effort well done to all!

#11 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 07:40 PM

Tom is the new Cumbrian newspaper rugby league reporter. He will be covering both west Cumbrian clubs instead of Tony Harrison going forward

Cheers Peter, I had noticed that TH seemed to be more active with Haven.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#12 Hate the rec

Hate the rec
  • Workington
  • 871 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 11:55 AM

Welcome to Tom , hope we get better coverage from now on, always felt TH was a secret shaven fan ;)

#13 bobg

bobg
  • Coach
  • 269 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 01:08 PM

No secret, he is.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users