Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Lewis tierney injured?

blow for town?

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#1 troutmaster

troutmaster
  • 854 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 01:47 PM

Just been on the Wigan forum and there is a page on lewis tierney being injured in training with Wigan.The poster says he left the club with medial ligament damage and leg in a splint,lets hope the lads ok but on the other hand can we bring anyone else to cover for lewis?.

Edited by troutmaster, 07 August 2014 - 01:47 PM.

Posted Image

#2 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,634 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 01:51 PM

Just been on the Wigan forum and there is a page on lewis tierney being injured in training with Wigan.The poster says he left the club with medial ligament damage and leg in a splint,lets hope the lads ok but on the other hand can we bring anyone else to cover for lewis?.

murphy will go back into full back, with either jp or Rossi to come in on the wing. Big blow, but we can cope without him IMO. Fullbacks the position we can probably afford an absentee, with Murphy and carter in our squad.

Edited by wonky, 07 August 2014 - 01:52 PM.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#3 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 01:53 PM

Tell Carter he can play full back ... Sign here !!!

#4 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,634 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 01:59 PM

Hopefully we see Lewis up here again next year, been great for us when Wigan have decided to release him. He's been the most frustrating part of dr as they seemed more happy to play him in the reserves than send him up here. He's got a great future in front of him.

#5 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 02:02 PM

Backchat mentioned DR staying and it only being three . Never knew either of those things were confirmed . What about loans I wonder ? Getting a couple of these on long loans would be good

#6 Monkeydo

Monkeydo
  • Coach
  • 486 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 02:57 PM

Have a look a PV's tweets David, he was telling one of the more simple haven fans that it would still be in next year and we'd still be with Wigan. It's quite amusing

#7 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 02:59 PM

Will do ... Gee whizz they are hurting , and PV is winding them up lovely !! See , is that Alex's missus saying his knee is swollen , painful and in a mess ... Doesn't sound good

Edited by DavidM, 07 August 2014 - 03:04 PM.

#8 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,634 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 03:23 PM

Will do ... Gee whizz they are hurting , and PV is winding them up lovely !! See , is that Alex's missus saying his knee is swollen , painful and in a mess ... Doesn't sound good

sounds as though it's been a knock rather than damage. Fingers crossed either way. Connor Farrell to 2nd row and duerden on bench to replace him on Sunday I would say.

#9 shaun mc

shaun mc
  • Coach
  • 1,726 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 04:35 PM

DR is going to be even more of a mess next year with the new fixture format.

e.g Widnes may DR with Leigh and then they both end up in the middle 8 - competition compromised. A minefield and imagine the rules that have to be written and potential Batley scenarios going on

#10 wonderofwood

wonderofwood
  • Coach
  • 1,225 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 09:53 PM

Hope Lewis is okay he is one hell of a talent and wouldnt it be great to get him signed up for a full year loan , A little birdy also  tells me you may be without Hulme as well for the next couple of weeks, dependant on Widnes's success on Sunday :(

Edited by wonderofwood, 07 August 2014 - 09:55 PM.

#11 Monkeydo

Monkeydo
  • Coach
  • 486 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 10:31 PM

Thought loans couldn't be recalled until end of agreement? Which was for the rest of the season wasn't it?

#12 Ratboy

Ratboy
  • Players
  • 44 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 10:52 PM

Declan Hulme has not done much wrong when played for Widnes, and I rate him. Think because Cameron Phelps is out injured for the season mate? I think Marsh and Dean will stay centres unless Widnes want to give Declan a chance.

#13 wonderofwood

wonderofwood
  • Coach
  • 1,225 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 11:53 PM

Thought loans couldn't be recalled until end of agreement? Which was for the rest of the season wasn't it?

Me to pal, apparently its week by week. Terrible if you ask me , he will probably be sat in the stands on Sunday and if the Chemic's win then I would imagine they will put a few of the sqaud players to the slaughter against Huddersfield the week and rest the first team players for Wembley . I hope they get knocked out to save them a few quid and embarrasement beacuse when we hammer leeds there will only be one team lifting the cup again ;)

Edited by wonderofwood, 07 August 2014 - 11:54 PM.

#14 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,634 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 06:39 AM

I don't understand why declan isn't available for Sunday? He's not playing for widnes so why would he be recalled?

#15 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,934 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 12:56 PM

I believe that the loan period of 28 days without recall is for the initial loan period only.  After that if the loan is extended the player can be re-called at any time.   Why Widnes want Declan back is anyone's guess!!!!

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#16 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 01:00 PM

Do they ? Is that official ? And Lewis ? And Alex ? Be nice to know what's what for Sunday ?

#17 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,634 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 01:10 PM

I think dec would be the biggest loss. Murphy goes to full back and we bring a winger in(jp/Rossi), big Alex will be replaced by Farrell who gets through a lot of defensive work but I'm not sure what you do about missing hulme.

#18 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,634 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 01:13 PM

I believe that the loan period of 28 days without recall is for the initial loan period only. After that if the loan is extended the player can be re-called at any time. Why Widnes want Declan back is anyone's guess!!!!

after they recall him can we then loan him the next week Keith or is that it? He's not playing in the semi so I don't understand why they would recall him this week, and there's a good chance widnes will be out and have to concentrate on keeping that 8th spot which isn't guaranteed. Can't figure it out myself.

#19 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 01:20 PM

Well we've lost three centres , so if no rabbit can be pulled out from Wigan who's some how eligible , Duerden could shore you up there in an away game . But as ever , you'd like something confirmed before game day before you accept things . And an injury update

Edited by DavidM, 08 August 2014 - 01:21 PM.

#20 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,634 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 01:21 PM

Well we've lost three centres , so if no rabbit can be pulled out from Wigan who's some how eligible , Duerden could shore you up there in an away game . But as ever , you'd like something confirmed before game day before you accept things . And an injury update

heard a rumour there's a big Aussie playing centre on sunday, nothing concrete, just a rumour.

Edited by wonky, 08 August 2014 - 01:22 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users