Dewsbury 38 Rochdale 20 - discussion, report, highlights

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#41 graham fisher

graham fisher
  • Coach
  • 544 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 11:48 AM

I was in the control room, but I believe somebody shouted something at him when his no look pass was intercepted.
Given that it was a free play, I'm not sure Kieran did anything wrong.

I was talking to Kieran in bar after game,I think he was a bit embarrassed for reacting,as he said we know when we make mistakes we don't need telling!!! Then he went on to say supporters pay there money so they're allowed an opinion. To be honest I think certain supporters pick a player out to give some verbals!!

#42 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 921 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 11:48 AM

It was Tom, came about from that pass. Hyde spent the next 10 mins offering the guy outside after the game. I'm guessing he is a ST holder I see him most weeks. They made up after the game though.
Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

#43 christheram

christheram
  • Non-Batley
  • 484 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 01:18 PM

Yeah I heard both apologised and gave each other a after match hug.. All friends after all but still thinks it's bad having ago at him. He's a good lad Kieran and always gives his all, that's all we can ask as supporters. Some of our fans are an embarrassment at times. Can't be good for the player if certain fans see fit to shout abuse at them. It's pathetic and the fan or fans at fault should be ashamed

Edited by christheram, 12 August 2014 - 01:21 PM.

#44 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,719 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 01:54 PM

Yeah I heard both apologised and gave each other a after match hug.. All friends after all but still thinks it's bad having ago at him. He's a good lad Kieran and always gives his all, that's all we can ask as supporters. Some of our fans are an embarrassment at times. Can't be good for the player if certain fans see fit to shout abuse at them. It's pathetic and the fan or fans at fault should be ashamed

To be fair this incident arose during a particularly bad patch by the whole team where, if you were really watching, you would see that.the players were arguing amongst themselves on the pitch. There was more than one voice (many, many more) raised towards KH for a number of poor decisions at that point and, as he obviously felt bad about those mistakes he reacted somewhat unprofessionally. He first indicated that they might meet outside after the game but later he did wave to the fan involved and indicated they should have a drink instead.

It was all smoothed over and there were hugs exchanged at the end of the game; we all get emotional about our sport and wouldn't enjoy it half as much if we didn't. I would prefer it if some of our fans could occasionally see things from ground level rather than seated upon that high, high horse.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#45 christheram

christheram
  • Non-Batley
  • 484 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 04:35 PM

Strange how the man of match got the abuse, only would dewsbury fans slate our man of the match.. Allthough I do think prycey deserved the motm IMO. Ohwell anyway, suppose it showed the passion of both the player and supporter. Glad it ended with a hug..

#46 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,746 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 04:41 PM

To be fair this incident arose during a particularly bad patch by the whole team where, if you were really watching, you would see that.the players were arguing amongst themselves on the pitch. There was more than one voice (many, many more) raised towards KH for a number of poor decisions at that point and, as he obviously felt bad about those mistakes he reacted somewhat unprofessionally. He first indicated that they might meet outside after the game but later he did wave to the fan involved and indicated they should have a drink instead.

It was all smoothed over and there were hugs exchanged at the end of the game; we all get emotional about our sport and wouldn't enjoy it half as much if we didn't. I would prefer it if some of our fans could occasionally see things from ground level rather than seated upon that high, high horse.

Your opinion BSJ, to which you are entitled, but bagging players, and decent ones at that, is hardly productive is it ? if a player is preoccupied with the abuse he is getting from some no mark in the stand, he is not concentrating on his job, which hardly helps the team. Posters recently complained about good players being driven away by the Coach, but I wonder how many might have left because they were no longer prepared to take abuse from the terraces - I for one wouldn't be surprised if both Hyde and Pryce decided to decline a contract, and who would blame them. Say what you like about being on a high horse - at least you get to see the bigger picture. ;)

Edited by grumpyoldram, 12 August 2014 - 04:41 PM.

#47 christheram

christheram
  • Non-Batley
  • 484 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 05:50 PM

Thank you! Correct grumpy old ram, probably the reason prycey ain't signed yet although to be fair he doesn't always help himself walking around with his hands on hips, looking un Intersted which is usualy the case until the business end. Hope prycey stays though -how he wasn't man of match Sunday il never know.

Edited by christheram, 12 August 2014 - 05:53 PM.

#48 guest from down under

guest from down under
  • 2,446 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 06:40 PM

What many people do not know is that karl pryce has been carrying injuries for some considerable  time but has continued playing through them , recently his back has not felt so bad and his performances have improved noticably . he is also a proud player and reacts to the situation in the best way he can . im sure some praise when its due would be most greatly appreciated .

#49 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,719 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 06:59 PM

Your opinion BSJ, to which you are entitled, but bagging players, and decent ones at that, is hardly productive is it ? if a player is preoccupied with the abuse he is getting from some no mark in the stand, he is not concentrating on his job, which hardly helps the team. Posters recently complained about good players being driven away by the Coach, but I wonder how many might have left because they were no longer prepared to take abuse from the terraces - I for one wouldn't be surprised if both Hyde and Pryce decided to decline a contract, and who would blame them. Say what you like about being on a high horse - at least you get to see the bigger picture. ;)

Indeed I am GOR but in addition picking on "some no mark in the stand" was difficult as there were very, very many such "no marks" at that stage giving him a bit of grief as Chris should know.Making it out to have been just one "off-message" fan is a misrepresentation of the scenario. I don't personally go in for abusing players (nor refs for that matter) but it has always gone on in the game as you should well know. Making it out to be some isolated incident is just another example of RL sanitisation, don't you think?

That "no mark" and many more passionate fans will be at the Mount on Sunday as they have at most home and away games this season. They pay their money and are as entitled to their opinion as anyone else.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#50 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,968 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 10:50 PM

What many people do not know is that karl pryce has been carrying injuries for some considerable  time but has continued playing through them , recently his back has not felt so bad and his performances have improved noticably . he is also a proud player and reacts to the situation in the best way he can . im sure some praise when its due would be most greatly appreciated .

Is it wise for a player to play with injuries? 

#51 Wilsden Ram

Wilsden Ram
  • Coach
  • 244 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 07:10 AM

No it is not wise but in our case it is unavoidable.

If we left out all the players who are currently playing with injuries, we would have about 15 available.
The most badly injured e.g. Nash and Dowes have been forced to miss games but the other players put their hands
up to play every week.

At least all the experienced coaches and Rugby League experts who post on here have someone to criticise
if that particular player does not perform to his full capabilities.

#52 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,746 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 07:58 AM

Indeed I am GOR but in addition picking on "some no mark in the stand" was difficult as there were very, very many such "no marks" at that stage giving him a bit of grief as Chris should know.Making it out to have been just one "off-message" fan is a misrepresentation of the scenario. I don't personally go in for abusing players (nor refs for that matter) but it has always gone on in the game as you should well know. Making it out to be some isolated incident is just another example of RL sanitisation, don't you think?

That "no mark" and many more passionate fans will be at the Mount on Sunday as they have at most home and away games this season. They pay their money and are as entitled to their opinion as anyone else.

So will I BSJ , only I won't be slating the players who don't live up to my high expectations, although I might pass my opinions on to the wife when I get home. For GFDU's benefit, thought Pricey was terrific on Sunday, and I truly hope he ignores the "passion" of some of the south standers and re - signs.

#53 muddyfunster

muddyfunster
  • Coach
  • 962 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 12:18 PM

I personally hope Pryce signs next season. I might of mentioned this already but recently he took the time to stop and talk to me whilst doing his day job. He seemed genuinly interested in the current campaign and the club, and he gave the impression that engaging with a supporter was an important thing to do. I also got from this that he is as keen as us supporters to do well. A real asset to the club.  

The future's bright, the future's RED AMBER & BLACK!

http://www.jmgaskets-seals.co.uk/

name.png

#54 JimbobRam

JimbobRam
  • Coach
  • 444 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 01:17 PM

I had a good chat with him after the north wales away game. He seems to enjoy his self at Dewsbury. I've noticed to he seems to have a lot more time for fans these days. He even comes and claps us now, which he did not last season which I think was disrespectful towards us, maybe cause the fans were getting on his back though.
He's out form player at moment.

#55 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,719 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 02:34 PM

So will I BSJ , only I won't be slating the players who don't live up to my high expectations, although I might pass my opinions on to the wife when I get home. For GFDU's benefit, thought Pricey was terrific on Sunday, and I truly hope he ignores the "passion" of some of the south standers and re - signs.

Fair enough GOR but it has always happened and always will.

Going to the Mount reminds me of a match I attended there many seasons ago when Dewsbury (not Rams then) weren't playing. I can't remember who the opposition were but it was a period when batley weren't as doing very well. having concede yet another try their player lined up under the posts at the top of the hill awaiting the conversion when one of their more "enthusiastic" fans started giving Ziggy Piwinski (sp ?) some grief, upon which ZP started to climb over the fence to discuss the situation. Needless to say said fan was off out of the ground so fast that even one of your vaunted wingers wouldn't have caught him. It made me laugh any way.

Folk took things a bit less seriously in those days I reckon.

:dancer:

Edited by Blind side johnny, 14 August 2014 - 08:50 AM.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#56 guest from down under

guest from down under
  • 2,446 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 06:27 PM

that would be ziggy piwinski

Edited by guest from down under, 13 August 2014 - 06:29 PM.

#57 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,719 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 06:33 PM

that would be ziggy piwinski

That's the fella - too many Piggies going to market obviously!

Amended my post accordingly, thanks GFDU.

Edited by Blind side johnny, 13 August 2014 - 06:34 PM.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#58 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,746 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 08:36 AM

Fair enough GOR but it has always happened and always will.

Going to the Mount reminds me of a match I attended there many seasons ago when Dewsbury (not Rams then) weren't playing. I can't remember who the opposition were but it was a period when batley weren't as doing very well. having concede yet another try their player lined up under the posts at the top of the hill awaiting the conversion when one of their more "enthusiastic" fans started giving Ziggy Piwinski (sp ?) some grief, upon which PZ started to climb over the fence to discuss the situation. Needless to say said fan was off out of the ground so fast that even one of your vaunted wingers wouldn't have caught him. It made me laugh any way.

Folk took things a bit less seriously in those days I .

:dancer:

Player who got most flak that I can remember was "Bungalow". Strangely enough though, most fans muttered abuse under their breath. ;)

#59 guest from down under

guest from down under
  • 2,446 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 08:58 AM

funny story about keith , when he went to hunslet i was talking to him after a game and called him bungy . he whispered to me " dont call me that here they`re all scared of calling me it to my face ."

#60 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,746 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 03:49 PM

funny story about keith , when he went to hunslet i was talking to him after a game and called him bungy . he whispered to me " dont call me that here they`re all scared of calling me it to my face ."

Another true story about the great man. My niece worked at a local gym, when Keith was coach of a local pub team (Crown I think). One day he took his troops into the gym for a workout, and spotted my niece on reception. He turned to his charges, and with a fearsome glare barked " there's a young lass ere and I don't want any of you fumbling barstaff (well something similar) using bad language in front of her. She couldn't stop laughing all night.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users