Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Unity needed

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 09:47 PM

Chairmen and staff come and go, so do players but us fans are always there.

Im hacked off at the situation, and do i think we will stay up? At the moment no. But im damned if im not going to be there on Sunday getting behind the club i have loved for over a quarter of a century.

Whatever happens, we the fans will always be here, so whether you are positive, negative or indifferent to the current situation and our chances of staying up is irrelevant - if you love the club and can make it, get there on Sunday and cheer the lads on.

The inquest into what why and how will rumble on, but for 80 minutes on Sunday we are all united by a common bond, and thats our love of little old Batley RLFC.

Lets get there and make ourselves heard - whatever happens, to coin the old phrase - 'we are all Batley arent we?'

We can get back to the doom and gloom if we lose.

Come on the Gallant Youths!

Edited by buford t justice, 07 August 2014 - 09:49 PM.

What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#2 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 08:17 AM

Good luck boys, the above is what being a fan is all about

#3 Nick07

Nick07
  • Coach
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 08:23 AM

Chairmen and staff come and go, so do players but us fans are always there.

Im hacked off at the situation, and do i think we will stay up? At the moment no. But im damned if im not going to be there on Sunday getting behind the club i have loved for over a quarter of a century.

Whatever happens, we the fans will always be here, so whether you are positive, negative or indifferent to the current situation and our chances of staying up is irrelevant - if you love the club and can make it, get there on Sunday and cheer the lads on.

The inquest into what why and how will rumble on, but for 80 minutes on Sunday we are all united by a common bond, and thats our love of little old Batley RLFC.

Lets get there and make ourselves heard - whatever happens, to coin the old phrase - 'we are all Batley arent we?'

We can get back to the doom and gloom if we lose.

Come on the Gallant Youths!

+1

#4 ginaldo

ginaldo
  • Players
  • 26 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 08:24 AM

well said Buford that's the bulldog spirit we need

#5 Deano44

Deano44
  • Coach
  • 320 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 08:33 AM

whitehaven is a tough tough place to go at the best of times, and considering they are in the mire as well its going to be an even bigger challenge to get something out of the game. we struggled to put them away and scraped a win, Leigh & Fax I think nicked it at the death, so it will be an uphill battle with a threadbare team for you lot. 

#6 Leedsdog

Leedsdog
  • Players
  • 73 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 10:01 AM

I'm in,

COME ON THE DOGS

#7 Batley Bob

Batley Bob
  • Coach
  • 1,238 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 11:41 AM

Well said Bufford

#8 9' oller

9' oller
  • Coach
  • 3,580 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 08:30 PM

Still feel the same buford?

The most unfashionable yet over achieving mutts around

#9 marko9

marko9
  • Coach
  • 183 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 07:25 AM

Let's keep going it's not over till it's over,I'm finding it hard to keep going,but I still believe let's not give up on them,we need to start fighting hard,first season we had Karl Harrison we had to win at fev and we did to stay up,2010 NR Cup even when we was behind with not long to go,I believed we could do it,last season we got to grand final I believed we could get there

#10 marko9

marko9
  • Coach
  • 183 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 07:28 AM

It's testing my belief,I refuse to give in though,let's get behind them against dewsbury and let's keep going,might not have best team let's face it,team we had last season was best for a long time

#11 oldham13

oldham13
  • Coach
  • 691 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 07:34 AM

How is Ben Heaton doing in Batley Colours?

We Are Oldham Roughyeds

#12 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,004 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 08:16 AM

How is Ben Heaton doing in Batley Colours?

Very average, in all honesty. He's definitely not a centre, and might have a future as a second-rower IMO.

Posted Image

#13 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 08:27 AM

Still feel the same buford?

Nope. Dewsbury will relegate us Sunday after points deduction and a Whitehaven win at Sheffield

The fat lady is just about to start singing.
What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#14 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,214 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 08:51 AM

I wonder if this group of players have the appetite for a relegation fight, and can only see a comfy win for Dewsbury combined with our impending points deduction that will be sufficient to see us down and out.

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#15 silverback

silverback
  • Coach
  • 940 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 09:36 AM

am quite sure the fans will have plenty of fighting spirit and support come sunday,but its the players who need to find a pair and show us why we turn up week after week counts for something. biggest game a season this one as those 8 or 9 points we needed will probably be set at 0 come sunday.UP THE DOGS.show us some spirit.

#16 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,858 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 09:37 AM

I wonder if this group of players have the appetite for a relegation fight, and can only see a comfy win for Dewsbury combined with our impending points deduction that will be sufficient to see us down and out.

no chance of a comfy win next week mate

im willing to bet on a batley victory that much
that if dewsbury win next sunday ill attend our home game against keighley in a batley shirt if someone will sort me out a 3xl shirt

but if batley wins piggys mate has to do the same thing attending in a dewsbury shirt with it not covered vs swinton at yours the same weekend

is it a challenge ???

you chicken mcpig ;)

Edited by coolie, 11 August 2014 - 09:38 AM.

#17 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,544 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 10:04 AM

I wonder if this group of players have the appetite for a relegation fight, and can only see a comfy win for Dewsbury combined with our impending points deduction that will be sufficient to see us down and out.

Its not whether you have the appetite or the fight to stay up.Its whether we want to try and send you down.

#18 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,004 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 10:21 AM

Its not whether you have the appetite or the fight to stay up.Its whether we want to try and send you down.

I never thought I'd say this, but you're absolutely spot on.

Posted Image

#19 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,858 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 10:37 AM

Your fate lays in your nearest and dearest :)

we've you, keighley & workington to play

the 2 teams near to you

whitehaven have sheffield and will get nowt
leaving them swinton & rochdale to play

a gift from dewsbury of 3 points sunday..and you beating swinton the following week will get you back in the mix.

ironic really how things work out

and if you stay up... we will eternally remind you of this fact that it was our wish for you to remain in the championship :)

;)

Edited by coolie, 11 August 2014 - 10:40 AM.

#20 christheram

christheram
  • Non-Batley
  • 424 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 10:49 AM

Can't see us losing to batley at minute if we have our right head on.. Usually up for the big games. It's the lower sides we struggle against. According to mark sawyer he doesn't want to lose batley and sympathises with Kevin Nicholas because knows how hard it is to run a club, sawyer said he only wants to finish above batley but we will be going all out to beat you on Sunday. Our boys are calling it a cup final next week according to glen morrison as it's a cup final for yourselves also and we are going to go all out to beat you, no favours from us. Looking forward to it

Edited by christheram, 11 August 2014 - 10:54 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users