Unity needed

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#21 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 01:12 PM

Can't see us losing to batley at minute if we have our right head on.. Usually up for the big games. It's the lower sides we struggle against. According to mark sawyer he doesn't want to lose batley and sympathises with Kevin Nicholas because knows how hard it is to run a club, sawyer said he only wants to finish above batley but we will be going all out to beat you on Sunday. Our boys are calling it a cup final next week according to glen morrison as it's a cup final for yourselves also and we are going to go all out to beat you, no favours from us. Looking forward to it

The trouble at the moment for us though, is that we go a couple of scores up and then lose our heads altogether. Same lack of focus on Sunday and we will help Batley out of the huge hole they find themselves in. Still think the dogs will escape the drop by the skin of their canine teeth. ;)

#22 Bulldog Days

Bulldog Days
  • Players
  • 64 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 09:01 PM

It's worth our Chairman putting a few extra quid incentive on the table for our players to engineer a Dog's win. So important a game, and a worthwhile investment Kevin

#23 London Dick

London Dick
  • Coach
  • 1,414 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 09:15 PM

Kevin doesn't drop the ball, make forward passes, get sent off and utterly capitulate during games so why should he offer more money than the players are paid already on. It's their fault that we are in this mess. There have been some shocking performances this season and if they have any professional pride then they should come out all guns blazing on Sunday and get stuck in.
"If you want us to be the best and if you want us to beat the rest, a BISSA donation is what we need"

#24 vile rodders

vile rodders
  • Coach
  • 178 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 10:29 PM

We couldn't beat an egg at the moment,Dews only have to score 3 times and game will be beyond us
I will say it again you cannot play this game with only one halfback.Extra money makes no difference
at all quality is what counts and we are found a little wanting in that department this season.

#25 greavesy

greavesy
  • Coach
  • 512 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 03:42 PM

Allready a few of our fans are getting excited about Sunday. To those that think we can win i say , see what is in front of your eyes not what you want to see. We are for want of a better word a shambles. And i agree with London Dick to offer this lot extra money to win what may prove meaningless is stupid. Whitehaven was the big game and this bunch of losers could not even hold on for a bonus point. They should have donated their losing money to the fans that paid good money to watch them implode. We need to prepare for life in the obscurity of the parks league.  All that said i hope the pink weekend is a huge success for the charity involved i will be there as usual supporting the club and the charity.

#26 bazbulldog

bazbulldog
  • Coach
  • 159 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 07:57 AM

Heard some so called Batley fan saying if they went down he would stop watching them, well i consider myself a real fan and even if they do go down i will be there for my season ticket next season and supporting them,that's what real fans do and its times like this when the club needs loyal fans more than ever.If we stay up great,if we don't i'll still be there next season cheering them on.

#27 redditchbulldog

redditchbulldog
  • Coach
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 09:10 AM

+1

Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

#28 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 09:18 AM

Heard some so called Batley fan saying if they went down he would stop watching them, well i consider myself a real fan and even if they do go down i will be there for my season ticket next season and supporting them,that's what real fans do and its times like this when the club needs loyal fans more than ever.If we stay up great,if we don't i'll still be there next season cheering them on.

I'm sorry, but events this season have pushed even the most loyal fans to the brink. As I've posted elsewhere, after 2013 there was a real belief amongst the fans that, after decades of struggle, we might finally be on the verge of establishing ourselves as a genuine power at this level. For those who have persevered with the club for a long time and loyally waited for a glimpse of success, this season has been a massive kick in the teeth. The prospect of going from a Grand Final to the games basement league - a level which is, in reality, not far removed from the National Conference and the amateur game, is heartbreaking for many. It looks like the chance to really develop the club and move us to the next level may have been absolutely squandered by those charged with the task of decision-making.
I wouldn't condemn anyone who felt so demoralised by the way the club has been managed this season that they are considering walking away. I've watched the club home and away, every season since 1988-89, and I don't know whether I'm prepared to carry on doing so in 2015 if we go down - mainly because I'm extremely disenchanted with the way the club is/has been run. In short, I feel hugely let down. I know a number of people who feel exactly the same right now. Many of those people have young families and other priorities, and are seriously questioning whether it's worth their while paying to watch us play a virtual amateur team in front of 200 fans at Mount Pleasant when they could instead spend Sunday afternoon doing something more valuable. If you believe that's being a 'bad fan', then fine.
What might convince those disillusioned fans to reconsider their choice to walk away would be a top to bottom strategic rethink of how the club is run - including an exciting, publicly declared plan to redevelop the club from within with a view to ensuring a quick return to The Championship. The way things are at the moment, there would be at least four or five clubs ahead of us in the promotion pecking order.

Edited by TheTerminator, 15 August 2014 - 09:32 AM.

Posted Image

#29 christheram

christheram
  • Non-Batley
  • 443 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 09:44 AM

No offence guys but you never got the dewsbury fans walking away from our club for getting relegated. Had a loyal band of 6-700 even when bottom of the Micky mouse league as you call it, losing to likes of Skolars 48-10 at home.. That's loyalty! I do see why you all feel let down though and Kevin Nicholas and the rest of you're board are not even professional enough to inform you of the signing of Jordan Grayston let alone get the rules regarding dual reg correct. I'm not having a go as such at Kevin as with out him you have no club, but clearly he reads the forum and does little to get on top of you're fans concerns ... Still awaiting you're club statement off the signing of Jordan Grayston even now.. Poor is that. No communication with you're fans at all. That's the one thing us at dewsbury have done this season, via twitter, Facebook, website, you tube channel for match highlights, emails ect ect .. And as fans we respect our club for this. Come on Kevin and the batley board, get you're act together before you start losing you're loyal supporters. Show the paying species some respect and inform them what's happening!

#30 silverback

silverback
  • Coach
  • 943 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 10:15 AM

theres plenty of batley fans already said sod it and we dont see them no more unless its a semi or final.that dont make them no more of a fan at all, i think terminater sums it up 100%,its like having your pet kicked every week and you dont even try stop it getting kicked and it hurts all fans, it dont matter about winning everything but so many things have gone wrong from the pre season i cant see things getting turned round for years now,the fans shouldent be blamed if they dont want to show up and watch dross it should a been changed after 4th game a season as the signs were on the table.am sure most of us will still be supporting the dogs even if there playing up halifax road but dont think it dont hurt cos it does and the bod should be moving mountains to get us on track for next season chose who were playing. :download:

#31 9' oller

9' oller
  • Coach
  • 3,587 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 10:48 AM

Were hurting because after years of being little oldbatley the ununfashionable team over achieving we had a taste of success and respect.

The turn around has been dilluted and forgotten

The most unfashionable yet over achieving mutts around

#32 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 10:50 AM

Thats what i like to hear bulldogs till they die.Even if they take the 3 its still not over.

#33 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 561 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 10:58 AM

lets be honest whoever goes down could be haven , keighley or batley doesn,t deserve to go down just the RFL relegating an outrageous 5 teams its stupid apart from the top 4 this season theres not much difference between the next 6 the 10th team should play the team coming up from champ1 in an eliminator 

#34 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,814 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 11:10 AM

I csn see where Terminator is coming from, i think the standard of rugby in League 1 would be enough to put a lot off.

I will be there regardless of wether we stay up or go down, ill have had enough of family time on a Sunday come boxing day!

May have to pick and choose away games though, it'll feel like football the amount of miles we'll do here there and everywhere if we go down.
What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#35 redditchbulldog

redditchbulldog
  • Coach
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 11:51 AM

If we go down will be able to do most of the away games as will be saving petrol and i know i will be in a very small minority, but would rather be spending more on petrol and stop up in the championship as already stated standard of rugby is that much better and some games been televised next season

Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

#36 bulldogtrev

bulldogtrev
  • Coach
  • 416 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 12:26 PM

Batley need to make changes now and in the close season on and off the field i.e communicating and keeping supporters informed , setting up a scouting system to scout the amateur game ( to name two). 

The first change I would make next season is the brand of rugby Batley play. I want to see the club move away from the mainly five drives and a kick rugby and play a similar style to Castleford or Warrington. I would also look for a fullback who can kick the ball which would open up the chance to kick more 40/20's especially when playing downhill at home. 

One of the positives for next year which could help Batley is with the Super League having relegation and being more competitive.The Super League clubs will have to loan out/release fringe players which should result in more players being available to Batley.

Hopefully the club are already trying to find out which players are being released at the end of this season by the West Yorkshire based Super League clubs and maybe offering some of these players a trial/opportunity to train with the club in the close season. 

Edited by bulldogtrev, 15 August 2014 - 12:44 PM.

"Anyone who does not watch rugby league is not a real person."

-John Singleton,

#37 greavesy

greavesy
  • Coach
  • 512 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 01:49 PM

No offence guys but you never got the dewsbury fans walking away from our club for getting relegated. Had a loyal band of 6-700 even when bottom of the Micky mouse league as you call it, losing to likes of Skolars 48-10 at home.. That's loyalty! I do see why you all feel let down though and Kevin Nicholas and the rest of you're board are not even professional enough to inform you of the signing of Jordan Grayston let alone get the rules regarding dual reg correct. I'm not having a go as such at Kevin as with out him you have no club, but clearly he reads the forum and does little to get on top of you're fans concerns ... Still awaiting you're club statement off the signing of Jordan Grayston even now.. Poor is that. No communication with you're fans at all. That's the one thing us at dewsbury have done this season, via twitter, Facebook, website, you tube channel for match highlights, emails ect ect .. And as fans we respect our club for this. Come on Kevin and the batley board, get you're act together before you start losing you're loyal supporters. Show the paying species some respect and inform them what's happening!
Great post Christheram The board and coach have been treating their fans with total indiferance all season. News from the club to the supporters is very rarely a official club release we get to know from other supporters . The farce of Jordan Grayston rumbles on with a wall of silence from Mount Pleasant. Chairman lmao has even packed in running the official Batley site from being unable to get news from the club i have heard. Bridges need rebuilding as ordinery long time supporters are now a very dissalutioned bunch.

#38 Bulldog Days

Bulldog Days
  • Players
  • 64 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 05:15 PM

Too much complacency this season by the personnel running the Club. They deserve all the accolades for the past 4-5 seasons, but have to take the criticism for this season where they could not have done a better job sabotaging the Club from within.

If it is relegation, which is not totally certain, or if we survive at this level, then the supporters would at the very least expect to see changes in a few areas of management, playing, and coaching staff, beefing up the structure to cope with the demands of the sport.

#39 9' oller

9' oller
  • Coach
  • 3,587 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 06:15 PM

Bulldog days all I can see from relegation is a more dire straights.

Less revenue from smaller fanbase. Tepid sponsorship and even worse players being attracted.

I would be interested in games against the old lancashire contingent and hawks knights etc but not glorified conference teams

The most unfashionable yet over achieving mutts around

#40 redditchbulldog

redditchbulldog
  • Coach
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 07:24 PM

Bulldog days all I can see from relegation is a more dire straights.

Less revenue from smaller fanbase. Tepid sponsorship and even worse players being attracted.

I would be interested in games against the old lancashire contingent and hawks knights etc but not glorified conference teams

Who are these glorified conference teams? if you gloucester,coventry and hemel , you will find they are more forward thinking than a lot of heartland clubs including us I'm sure you would want rid of them and then be one of the first ones that complain when the sport gets no national exposure and no funding at all from sport england. gloucester and hemel are proving this season on the pitch that they can compete with traditional clubs and both in line for play off places

Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users