New Local Coach

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 livo

livo
  • Coach
  • 888 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 07:31 PM

We all know now that Bobbie won't be returning next season. Nows our chance to steer the BOD in the right direction about a new coach.  

Who would your recommendation be????

FACEBOOK PAGE: Barrow raiders Bar. Follow for promotions and up to date events.

#2 bangbang

bangbang
  • Coach
  • 533 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 09:06 PM

Cresta
Rip the bludgers heads off!

#3 Baaarrow

Baaarrow
  • Coach
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 09:15 PM

Cresta please! Would be a massive boost for our club !

Posted Image

#4 Alias

Alias
  • Coach
  • 247 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 09:30 PM

Cresta or Dave Clark.

#5 richie keay

richie keay

Tipping Comp Winner

• Coach
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 09:38 PM

Didn't think Paul would be interested after how he was treated previously, it seems he maybe now, if so Cresta 1st choice, Broady close 2nd for me.

Posted Image

#6 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 12:27 AM

Cresta all the way for me..different board now and a different Club. He rescued us last time, has great connections, well liked by the rugby community (worldwide and locally), experienced at international level with BARLA and not stuck up his own ######!

Its a no brainer for me and I really hope the BoD consider him as I think he would bring a lot of the fans back as well.

The fox running with the hounds

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

#7 Baaarrow

Baaarrow
  • Coach
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 01:07 AM

Cresta all the way for me..different board now and a different Club. He rescued us last time, has great connections, well liked by the rugby community (worldwide and locally), experienced at international level with BARLA and not stuck up his own ######!

Its a no brainer for me and I really hope the BoD consider him as I think he would bring a lot of the fans back as well.

Totally agree !!!! Come on BOD, do the right thing and give us long suffering fans something to cheer us up!

Posted Image

#8 Baaarrow

Baaarrow
  • Coach
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 12:23 PM

BOD still hoping Bobbie will have a rethink according to Evening Mail

Posted Image

#9 livo

livo
  • Coach
  • 888 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 01:14 PM

If we can get him for the right price, fair enough. But only for the right price
FACEBOOK PAGE: Barrow raiders Bar. Follow for promotions and up to date events.

#10 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,181 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 01:48 PM

Cresta or even Gary Charlton

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#11 raiders96

raiders96
  • Coach
  • 379 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 04:37 PM

Dave clark or Cresta

#12 barrycotton2010

barrycotton2010
  • Facebook
  • 34 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 05:38 PM

I would just like to say Why not offer Liam Harrison player coach position would solve so much
and Liam has so much to offer not forgetting the commitment he obviously has .

#13 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 10:29 PM

I think Liam has proven his commitment and would love to see him as an additional coach but we need a coach with experience who is willing to take a part time position, with good contacts and the full respect of the changing room. There is only one person who can give Barrow Raiders that and if the BoD don't see this we will be finished next season.
This is only my opinion but based on the last season where we have seen a disaster with three coaches, two of which we are still paying for!!

The fox running with the hounds

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

#14 richie keay

richie keay

Tipping Comp Winner

• Coach
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 11:04 PM

If we can get him for the right price, fair enough. But only for the right price

Totally disagree if true. The club have been given a get out of jail free card imo,  Bobbie has made his decision now, time to move on for me to the next chapter and try and tempt Paul Crarey back.

Edited by richie keay, 09 August 2014 - 11:06 PM.

Posted Image

#15 weststiger

weststiger
  • Players
  • 46 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 12:06 AM

Said it before,say it again,a local coach will get us out of this mess,and
back up,needs to be in place a.s.a.p. come on Bod do not go back,go forad.

#16 Shipbuilder

Shipbuilder
  • Coach
  • 462 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 07:29 AM

Totally disagree if true. The club have been given a get out of jail free card imo,  Bobbie has made his decision now, time to move on for me to the next chapter and try and tempt Paul Crarey back.

Totally agree with Richie - We all know we had misgivings about Bobby Goulding but sacking just makes situation more chaotic. Now we've been given a get out of jail free card. Lets move on with a coach who will bring in some structure and stability which will help us move forward.

Don't think Liam is a real choice for coach - no questioning his commitment to the club - we'd be lost without him but he's got a decent job which demands time and also he's a very nice lad - not sure if coachs can be nice people.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#17 Water Boy

Water Boy
  • Players
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 10:26 AM

Hi All, Firstly I think BG turning down the offer to take up a new contract offer is a blessing in disguise it's been all about BG and his Ego since his arrival...... move on. Now onto my thoughts about the next coach I think Dave Clark has had his turn and I am not a Paul Creary fan so for me I would hand it to Gary Broadbent I think the level he has played at as a player and a slight insight to coaching with Walney where he has done a very good job and he would certainly have the respect of the players and knows the local game.

Edited by Water Boy, 10 August 2014 - 10:27 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users