TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

The board of directors

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Dolmio Babcock

Dolmio Babcock
  • Players
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 07:38 AM

Have any of you guys actually took a step back and thought are your BOD making the right decisions at your club, never mind speculating about another new coach. This season's failings are well and truly the fault of the board. You have an excellent hardcore fan base, and have massively underperformed due to poor coaching decisions. First you had Murray who must of talked a good game, but bottled it, and after listening to intelligence, was no way good enough. Then 3+4 comes along and coaches on a fairytale and lacks leadership qualities. An experienced coach is required to lift you from the ashes, but more importantly, your board have to learn make much improved decisions on and off the field, the supporters of your club deserve better.

Serving Pasta across the Shannon Matthews County.

#2 Zuehb Zaki

Zuehb Zaki
  • Players
  • 88 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 08:01 AM

Have any of you guys actually took a step back and thought are your BOD making the right decisions at your club, never mind speculating about another new coach. This season's failings are well and truly the fault of the board. You have an excellent hardcore fan base, and have massively underperformed due to poor coaching decisions. First you had Murray who must of talked a good game, but bottled it, and after listening to intelligence, was no way good enough. Then 3+4 comes along and coaches on a fairytale and lacks leadership qualities. An experienced coach is required to lift you from the ashes, but more importantly, your board have to learn make much improved decisions on and off the field, the supporters of your club deserve better.

I concur Ricardo. Should have employed Roe when they had the chance. Is he still available?

گر اور ہمیشہ کے لئے ہو جائے گا سے زیادہ طاقتور

#3 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 10:40 AM

The club is still here and I've got a game to go watch tomorrow.

After what has happened these last few years, that will do for me.

#4 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 10:52 AM

Well where do you start?
The BoD we have at the moment seem to be making the right noises. If we believe that there are better people out there then let them come forward. My time on the board although brief was hard work due to the amount of directors and the lack of direction in roles and responsibilities. I think we have a good set of board members now and with Paul joining it will take a bit of pressure off.
I do think we need someone who is more rugby orientated to either join the board and advise but apart from that I'm happy. Mistakes are made everyday by people and I believe out of all the decisions made by the club the coach this season has been terrible. Does that mean that all their hard work is forgotten and they have to go. Does it hell it means we have to make the correct decision this time and make the best of this season.

It's called a learning curve...

The fox running with the hounds

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

#5 Flaming balls

Flaming balls
  • Coach
  • 600 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 03:55 PM

Well where do you start?
The BoD we have at the moment seem to be making the right noises. If we believe that there are better people out there then let them come forward. My time on the board although brief was hard work due to the amount of directors and the lack of direction in roles and responsibilities. I think we have a good set of board members now and with Paul joining it will take a bit of pressure off.
I do think we need someone who is more rugby orientated to either join the board and advise but apart from that I'm happy. Mistakes are made everyday by people and I believe out of all the decisions made by the club the coach this season has been terrible. Does that mean that all their hard work is forgotten and they have to go. Does it hell it means we have to make the correct decision this time and make the best of this season.

So long as they learn. Do you not fancy a second spell Mike?

#6 livo

livo
  • Coach
  • 888 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 06:10 PM

So long as they learn. Do you not fancy a second spell Mike?

I actually agree Jamie. To me Mike would be a welcomed addition to the BOD.

FACEBOOK PAGE: Barrow raiders Bar. Follow for promotions and up to date events.

#7 Michael Ashton

Michael Ashton
  • Coach
  • 5,580 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 07:41 PM

I thought you meat me until I realized you meant Mr Sunderland. LOL

Posted Image

#8 Flaming balls

Flaming balls
  • Coach
  • 600 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 09:36 PM

I thought you meat me until I realized you meant Mr Sunderland. LOL

Get yourself on to mike.

#9 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 10:18 PM

I really appreciate your comment but I'm not the easiest person to work with and I look for the best In people. When I don't get that it grates me. I probably left too early looking at the board now, however I did leave and that takes a lot of confidence away from the BoD and fans alike.
I have never been a shirt and tie guy but love the grass roots and days on the beer with fans,however I know the hours I put in mid week benefited the club.
Too late now AGM gone and I hate eating humble pie...lol

Edited by soss, 09 August 2014 - 10:33 PM.

The fox running with the hounds

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

#10 richie keay

richie keay

Tipping Comp Winner

• Coach
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 11:11 PM

Well where do you start?

We had someone who was rugby orientated on the Bod (KN) but he resigned due to work commitments, yet right, that's all I'll say.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users