Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Barrow vs Keighley

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Raider94

Raider94
  • Coach
  • 303 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 07:56 AM

Nothing riding on the game for ourselves apart from restoring a bit of pride/confidence looking forward to next season. Massive game for keighley and a must win for them to have a shot at staying up with haven only 3 points behind!

I'd go with

1. Shaw
2. Grant
3. Hambley
4. Wiper
5. Backhouse
6. Campbell
7. Karalius
8. Butler
9. Mossop
10. Davies
11. Briscoe
12. Harrison
13. Bullock

14. Burke
15. S.Toal
16. Jones
17. Marwood

Barrow to win a tough game in poor conditions
22-18
Attendance 8/900
MOM - Mossop

Tom Heighton

#2 BurleyCougar

BurleyCougar
  • Players
  • 29 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 08:45 AM

Hi folks , some horrendous weather forcasts for gales and flooding in todays weather ......
I presume the game us still on ????

#3 walneyite

walneyite
  • Coach
  • 749 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 08:58 AM

wouldn't envisage any problems.
Been raining this morning and looking heavier later on in day.
could be a bit of a muddy game buts that's the joys of "summer rugby".
Safe journey.
A negative mind will never give a positive life....... ;-)

#4 BurleyCougar

BurleyCougar
  • Players
  • 29 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 10:03 AM

Thanks for that , looking forward to the journey up and game , great trip whatever the result and allways a warm welcome !

#5 richie keay

richie keay

Tipping Comp Winner

• Coach
  • 1,299 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 11:27 AM

I actually want Keighley to win I'm afraid, this would put Haven more in the mire and hopefully go a long way to send them down with us. I would settle for a bp loss and a moral boosting performance with much improved defence. 18-22 to the Cougars.

Edited by richie keay, 10 August 2014 - 09:10 PM.

Posted Image

#6 Haven99

Haven99
  • Players
  • 23 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 11:40 AM

Don't worry mate I expect for the Cougars too put 40 on you and we will do the business against Batley, out ov interest are you a Barrow supporter.

#7 Davo5

Davo5
  • Coach
  • 356 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 11:49 AM

I actually want Keighley to win I'm afraid, this would put Haven more in the mire and hopefully go a long way to send them down with us. I would settle for a bp loss and a moral boosting performance with much improved defence. 18-22 to the Cougars.

So you want your own team to get beat,very sad

#8 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,171 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 11:56 AM

I don't want us to get beat but I think we will

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#9 Alias

Alias
  • Coach
  • 241 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 11:58 AM

Call yourself a supporter? Disgraceful. .

#10 Baaarrow

Baaarrow
  • Coach
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 12:26 PM

I can see Ricks point. We need a Cumbrian derby next year!!! Lol

Posted Image

#11 richie keay

richie keay

Tipping Comp Winner

• Coach
  • 1,299 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 02:39 PM

Raiders season ticket holder bud, i've nothing against Haven personally but Barrow need a local derby next season for the increase in gate money.  If Haven stay up they will be preying on our best local talent along with town i.e harrison, campbell, dawson, Dan Toal & mossop like they have tried before. You can call me sad if u want i've been called far worse mate.

Edited by richie keay, 13 August 2014 - 08:17 AM.

Posted Image

#12 Michael Ashton

Michael Ashton
  • Coach
  • 5,563 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 04:06 PM

The gate today was 684.

I thought there was plenty of effort fro the Raiders but played straight down the middle all the time and seldom looked like scoring. Some players seemed to have lost a lot of interest.

Posted Image

#13 rooster2003

rooster2003
  • Coach
  • 398 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 06:23 PM

Call yourself a supporter? Disgraceful. .

Bang on, cannot believe it

#14 Water Boy

Water Boy
  • Players
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 06:36 PM

Why an earth would you want to see barrow get turned over? Or any other Cumbria side to get relegated. We need all 3 team in the championship.

#15 Flying whinger

Flying whinger
  • Coach
  • 120 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 06:50 PM

Never saw Richie at the game today, he must've been up the coast!

#16 Shipbuilder

Shipbuilder
  • Coach
  • 457 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 06:56 PM

No shortage of effort form the lads but not much spark or organisation.

Again we hold their team but a quick half back opens us up.

It felt like everyone, players included, where hoping the season will end

Posted Image

Posted Image

#17 bayliff67

bayliff67
  • Players
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 06:58 PM

What was the final score??

#18 Plan of Attack

Plan of Attack
  • Coach
  • 783 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 07:04 PM

Raiders season ticket holder bud, i've nothing against Haven personally but Barrow need a local derby next season for finaces, also if haven stay up they they will be preying on our best local talent along with town i.e harrison, campbell, dawson & mossop. You can call me sad if u want i've been called fat worse mate.

Got to agree with the last point, If Whitehaven are in the bottom division with us next year it will greatly lower their chances of poaching players from us....

#19 Shipbuilder

Shipbuilder
  • Coach
  • 457 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 07:33 PM

Hey POA - I thought today's ref was terrible - bring back our mate Gareth

Posted Image

Posted Image

#20 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,171 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 07:57 PM

the ref didn't have a clue today but neither did we. What worries me is that listing to BG in his post match interview thought we did well today...personally I thought we were very poor ... (again). If he thinks that we are deffo better off shot of him!!

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users