Barrow vs Keighley

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 BurleyCougar

BurleyCougar
  • Players
  • 33 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 08:09 PM

You didn't play that bad lads , you got in for a couple and weren't exactly a walk over and wasn't a cricket score was it ?
I for one will miss the away game at Barrow (if we stay up ) , the warmest welcome and nicest fans of the three Cumbrian clubs so don't sell yourself short..... get a good local coach , some good local players from the wealth of talent in the local game up there and we'll see you back up in 2016.
Thanks for a great game , day out and good luck !

#22 richie keay

richie keay

Tipping Comp Winner

• Coach
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 09:15 PM

Bang on, cannot believe it

I wondered how long it would be before you chirped up.

Posted Image

#23 richie keay

richie keay

Tipping Comp Winner

• Coach
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 09:17 PM

Never saw Richie at the game today, he must've been up the coast!

Down in the smoke visiting family actually, first home game I've missed all season.

Posted Image

#24 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,182 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 09:22 PM

you didn't miss much Richie lol

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#25 Bearman

Bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,626 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 10:36 PM

If the Superleague go to two Ref's then the "better" referees we have had will go as second fiddle in SL that will leave the 3 rd rate refs doing the Championship and the 4th rate doing League 1. God help us.
As for today, well, we were pretty clueless.
Our left hand side can't pass from centre to wing the ball just goes into touch!.
I know BG uses the excuse that he has to work with the tools he was given, but Vievers seems to have found a way to make his inherited squad perform ( today excepted)
Just before half time with the score at 0-12 we were awarded a scrum. There was a time not long ago when the players would have shown some enthusiasm and quickly formed a scrum to stop the clock, Not today.

I want whoever coaches the Raiders to succeed but I really can't see what Mr Goulding has brought to the party.
Yes, the players are fitter but defensively we are poor ( look at our points against) and our attack isn't doing much better.
I've used the analogy before that the Raiders are like a soap opera, I don't mind that but can we please be like Coronation Street where there are laughs occasionally and not an Eastenders where it's always doom and gloom and everyone's fighting ( you wouldn't use the Queen Vic if it was your local would you?)
Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

#26 Michael Ashton

Michael Ashton
  • Coach
  • 5,580 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 08:28 AM

I think BG was at a different match if he thought that was a good performance.

Posted Image

#27 Walney Bill

Walney Bill
  • Players
  • 47 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 02:08 PM

I think BG was at a different match if he thought that was a good performance.

Didn't he also say he thought we were the better team for 60mins or did I not hear that correctly?

Agree though, he must have been at the wrong game!

#28 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,182 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 02:21 PM

we might have been the better team for 6 mins not 60 !!

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#29 SJD

SJD
  • Coach
  • 261 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 02:59 PM

I think 6mins is being generous, the lads looked like a beaten side during the warm-up, if we carry on like this it won't be long before we are in the Barrow & District League...........no offence intended for the teams in this league.

It looks like Goulding only had eyes on his lad, wearing rose coloured specs, I wouldn't say he had the finest of games, poor tackling and let in a soft try. 

#30 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 04:48 PM

I'd only put 4 of our 17 players in Keighleys squad. Keighley are the standard of barely being able to stay up.

That's our problem.

#31 CountyDurhamCougar

CountyDurhamCougar
  • Players
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 07:14 PM

I can see Ricks point. We need a Cumbrian derby next year!!! Lol

Every time I go to Barrow I am visiting Lancashire. The other two clubs are in Cumberland. I did see one Barrow fan with a Red Rose sticker on her coat mind. Don't that many of you care for your Lancashire heritage? I always thought Lancashire folk were a bit like us (I am a Yorkshireman, exiled near Sunderland) - proud of their county. The Red Rose flag was flying at the entrance to Dalton-in-Furness as I passed as well - great to see it.

Edited by CountyDurhamCougar, 12 August 2014 - 07:15 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users