One of the most important seasons in our history in light of the reshuffle, and:
1. We have 2 players, 1 a key one banned for betting offences.
2. We gambol on 20 contacted players to start the season, throwing all our eggs in the DR basket.
3. We lose a half back after 6 games and don't replace despite money being available. Yes the injury to black was unfortunate but why did we not have any cover in place.
4. We are potentially looking at a points deduction because the club didn't know/forgot about the DR rules. Despite allegedly recieving a reminder email the week before.
5. The same week, the busiest and most important of the season our Chief Executive is allegedly on holiday with no formal cover arrangements in place.
6. At a crucial time of the season we have 2 players sent off in successive weeks.
7. Despite having a wafer thin squad we let 2 players out on loan.
Of course not everything is black and white, and there are other affecting factors, but It doesn't read well does it. I'm a massive advocate of what the club, KN and directors have done over the last decade and longer. To keep the club going and achieve what we have with pitiful crowds and a small budget is monumental, but something has gone wrong this year.
I won't be walking away but the thought of playing against Gloucester in front of 400 people is gut wrenching. We have a hardcore of around 500 fans, many of those who spend an awful lot of time and money on the club. I just pray the majority of those stay on too or we have little hope going forward.
Hopefully there will still be a miracle this year, but fact and evidence suggest it's unlikely.
Absolutely gutted right now.
Edited by Nick07, 10 August 2014 - 04:17 PM.