Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Karl Olstrom

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,225 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 10:11 PM

Says in the league express that he has missed Vievers deadline to sign the new deal he was offered, i hope we can still get him signed on top player!

#2 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,989 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 10:21 PM

12 o'clock Friday night was allegedly the cut off point for agreeing new deals

Edited by town4me, 14 August 2014 - 07:47 PM.

#3 Town Army

Town Army
  • Coach
  • 255 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 10:31 PM

Says in the league express that he has missed Vievers deadline to sign the new deal he was offered, i hope we can still get him signed on top player!

Shame if he does go but we move on, nobody's bigger than the club. Hope he goes out with a bang.

#4 GETEMONSIDE

GETEMONSIDE
  • Coach
  • 287 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 10:53 PM

Shame if he does go but we move on, nobody's bigger than the club. Hope he goes out with a bang.

I agree, to be fair with his "commitment" this season he was fortunate to be offered a contract at all. PV knows what he's doing. 

Always have been always will be the pride of West Cumbria!

#5 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,989 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 11:02 PM

[quote name="GETEMONSIDE" post="2975073" timestamp="1407711220"]

I agree, to be fair with his "commitment" this season he was fortunate to be offered a contract at all. PV knows what he's doing.te]we had a ###### pre season
PV will sort that out

#6 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 04:30 AM

Maybe he is keeping his options open and waiting to see if Haven survive with no doubt a good contract on offer.
If that's his choice it's up to him, I'd rather see him in a Town shirt next season as he's a great player but I'm not about to start calling the lad if he wants to choose not to stay.
The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#7 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 07:04 AM

I'd rather he stays but if he wants more than this year it's a bit of a cheek. He needs to be careful as if Town withdraw their offer and Haven offer less he's going to end up worse off.

#8 Monkeydo

Monkeydo
  • Coach
  • 466 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 07:07 AM

I'd rather he stays but if he wants more than this year it's a bit of a cheek. He needs to be careful as if Town withdraw their offer and Haven offer less he's going to end up worse off.

If you go off what happened in 2010 haven would probably raise their offer if Town withdrew theirs!

#9 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 07:17 AM

With their new multi millionaire involved they could probably afford to 😳

#10 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,553 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 07:59 AM

Good luck to him. If he can get the money from haven that he tried to get from town then you can't blame him from going. Karl's a top quality player but there's always that doubt with him. We've got to back towns decision on this one as they offered what they thought olstrum was worth but he's obviously had a better offer elsewhere. If he's the only one were losing then we've done brilliantly keeping the likes of stack,Phillips,mcavoy and even Elliot.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#11 Monkeydo

Monkeydo
  • Coach
  • 466 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 08:15 AM

Might not be money driven mind......it might simply be that he doesn't have as far to walk from the police station to the ground on a sunday morning :D

#12 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,009 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 09:37 AM

His choice . If he stays , ok . If he goes , like everyone else who does , say cheers and forget him . We always move on and we'll replace him with someone as good or better . With everything swirling round this season I tend to agree with the point that he's a tad lucky to be offered a contract, when there was rumoured to be at least one point when our patience had run out with him ... But if he wants to stay he'll stay , money is a smokescreen I'd say . If he wants to go. , he'll go . I have total faith in PV and he'll not let last offseason 's debacle happen

#13 Monkeydo

Monkeydo
  • Coach
  • 466 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 09:40 AM

Speaking of last off-season who was the young fair haired forward who played against Egremont in the friendly? He looked handy so would like to see him around next year

#14 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,553 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 09:50 AM

Speaking of last off-season who was the young fair haired forward who played against Egremont in the friendly? He looked handy so would like to see him around next year

he was called fearon wasn't he. Looked good.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#15 Ginock1

Ginock1
  • Players
  • 56 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 11:04 AM

Who does he play for ? Was he an amateur on trial ? I'm thinking with stack szostak b.philips Mcavoy and Shackley plus similar input from Farrell and a maybe Lupton moving to 13 to accommodate an incoming halfback we have plenty of cover in the pack if Olstrum leaves. I include shackley as I feel PV will bring in a prop or 2.

#16 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,596 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 11:24 AM

Shame if he goes, though he will leave with no ill feeling from me. He has been excellent for us, but also let us down a few times unfortunately. I have no problem with players chasing money to be honest, they dont earn massive amounts so its fair enough. good luck to him if he goes, though I would prefer he stays,

#17 Monkeydo

Monkeydo
  • Coach
  • 466 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 12:08 PM

he was called fearon wasn't he. Looked good.

That could be the fella, first name is Brad isn't it? Thought he looked the biz against Egremont and he was only 17 or 18 i think

#18 Pink panther

Pink panther
  • Players
  • 54 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 12:23 PM

Brad fearon played at elbra u16s also played a few times in open age for elbra and maryport potential of a cracking prop

#19 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,009 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 12:33 PM

We want two proven , hardened props in that set up next year , preferably with a bit of football in them to give a few offloads . The packs are gonna be awesome without let up. But as we all say , we don't need to teach PV how to suck eggs.

Edited by DavidM, 11 August 2014 - 12:36 PM.

#20 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,847 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 12:42 PM

Reading the comments of Paul Cooke in the League Weekly today he says that Jacob Miller is looking for a new club for next year but he wants a full-time role.   Just thinking if Stacky isn't going to be doing the community job here is a young talented half-back who could fill our playmaker role that PV is searching for!!!

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users