Karl Olstrom

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,292 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 12:48 PM

Yeah , one marquee signing in a key spot would be marvellous . Maybe if the money man comes in !!!!

#22 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,062 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 01:26 PM

We want two proven , hardened props in that set up next year , preferably with a bit of football in them to give a few offloads . The packs are gonna be awesome without let up. But as we all say , we don't need to teach PV how to suck eggs.

we had a poor pre season but I think it will quite the opposite this pre-season coming under PV. He has mentioned about us being up against big packs like yesterday. I suspect he will be wanting to beef our pack up with some additions depending on which league we are in.

#23 Haven99

Haven99
  • Players
  • 28 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 07:28 PM

Regarding young Fearon think Wigan are having a look, could work in your favour.

#24 Townie123

Townie123
  • Coach
  • 224 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 08:55 PM

I can't see olstrom going to haven ....

#25 shaun mc

shaun mc
  • Coach
  • 1,830 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 09:10 PM

Don't think Jacob Miller is the answer.
He seems to be a runner rather than a playmaker and organiser

#26 GETEMONSIDE

GETEMONSIDE
  • Coach
  • 291 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 06:56 AM

How long has Karl been at Town,3/4 years?

Always have been always will be the pride of West Cumbria!

#27 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,667 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 07:16 AM

How long has Karl been at Town,3/4 years?

think this is his 4th season with us.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#28 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,292 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 09:19 AM

Don't think Jacob Miller is the answer.
He seems to be a runner rather than a playmaker and organiser

Depends what the question is !! I'd say we need both for the level we're playing to reach. I think we all yearn to see a speedy half who can carve a line up or jink right through it to grab a game by the scruff , but we also need that consistent strong puller to to get us around the park .

#29 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,667 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 09:21 AM

Depends what the question is !! I'd say we need both for the level we're playing to reach. I think we all yearn to see a speedy half who can carve a line up or jink right through it to grab a game by the scruff , but we also need that consistent strong puller to to get us around the park .

miller and obst would do nicely as a partnership.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#30 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,292 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 09:28 AM

They had it sorted on Sunday . Cooke has spiders on when we play him every single time , just playing chess in a dressing gown , and the the young guy can play his game . At hull everything was on him , with his reputation . Whatever the names , we know the template we are gonna need

Edited by DavidM, 12 August 2014 - 09:30 AM.

#31 Ginock1

Ginock1
  • Players
  • 65 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 04:32 PM

Do we not have a speedy half already called Callum Phillips who has the ability to carve up any line ? He just isn't being alowed to do it, so I guess Pv will be looking for an organising half who doesn't take risks or plays off the cuff.

#32 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,292 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 04:55 PM

Well , good point , and fair . I guess we're not sure what PV's plans are for him and what he's looking for from him . But yes , maybe next year that is him . Be interesting to see how things pan out with Callum , especially if we've a deeper squad. Interesting to that he said he'd been playing with injuries this year . I tend to see him as more a natural 9 , but on the pitch he's an asset - as long as it's in the middle ! 1, 7, 9 ... Watch this space I guess

#33 Ginock1

Ginock1
  • Players
  • 65 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 05:06 PM

I like the fact that he is signed for 2, the future is Callum clearly, maybe he delayed in signing as he wanted reassurance over his role as he loves playing for town, you can just tell. I keep thinking of his hatrick in the home derby last year, brilliance that can't be coached , maybe with this season being so vital PV has gone safety first and will look to smooth this diamond in the off season . Whatever happens he knows what he wants and how to coach a team so in Vievers we trust!

#34 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,292 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 05:12 PM

Indeed

#35 Ginock1

Ginock1
  • Players
  • 65 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 05:53 PM

I like the fact that he is signed for 2, the future is Callum clearly, maybe he delayed in signing as he wanted reassurance over his role as he loves playing for town, you can just tell. I keep thinking of his hatrick in the home derby last year, brilliance that can't be coached , maybe with this season being so vital PV has gone safety first and will look to smooth this diamond in the off season . Whatever happens he knows what he wants and how to coach a team so in Vievers we trust!

#36 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 06:16 PM

I think Phil has done a fantastic job with the resources to hand and has set his team up accordingly with the sole aim being to avoid relegation. I'm sure when he has his own team with his own players things will be different.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users