Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Sheffields unfit for purpose stadium.

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#21 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,771 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 04:08 PM

So lets all ignore the ground minimum standards we will just concern ourselves with the mix up of the D/ R regulations. I do not think we tried to gain a unfair advantage. I do think certain clubs get favourable help from the RL. I did not enjoy the expieriance of Owlerton as i have said it is unfit to stage matches. Therefore they are bending the rules by playing there

The RFL say not.

Let's see what they say on Thursday before we start talking about "bending rules".

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#22 Red Devils PAW

Red Devils PAW
  • Players
  • 89 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 04:19 PM

As the highest club relegated we would replace Sheffield. After all if we do get relegated it was Sheffield who did the wingeing about Fairbanks. I am sure the Sheffield chairman and Aston would like that ( not ).

I didn't wish to dignify this thread with a response but,as you have continued it,I may as well ask where the information came from which allows you to state that it was Sheffield who did the 'whinging'?

Did they also 'whinge' about Doncaster,and err in a suggestion about Dewsbury?

I have read tweets from a newspaper reporter with an interest in a Cumbrian club before the RFL made their announcement about the investigation,and on forums about the Workington fan who pointed out the ruling,and about clubs being reminded by email with regard to the DR regulations.

It must only be the cost because it seems rare for individuals to make use of the libel laws in this country?

Perhaps the transparent,accountable,fair and equitable RFL will make public how they came to be made aware of the possible error(s) on Thursday.   

Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it

#23 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,858 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 04:31 PM

I didn't wish to dignify this thread with a response but,as you have continued it,I may as well ask where the information came from which allows you to state that it was Sheffield who did the 'whinging'?
I have read tweets from a newspaper reporter with an interest in a Cumbrian club before the RFL made their announcement about the investigation,and on forums about the Workington fan who pointed out the ruling,and about clubs being reminded by email with regard to the DR regulations.
It must only be the cost because it seems rare for individuals to make use of the libel laws in this country?
Perhaps the transparent,accountable,fair and equitable RFL will make public how they came to be made aware of the possible error(s) on Thursday.

not a chance on grassing on the whistlebower

clowns at the rfl struggle to make decisions in the same week.
this points deduction farse should have been dealt with last week.

#24 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,771 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 04:42 PM

this points deduction farce should have been dealt with last week.

Thereby denying Batley the seven days notice required by the by-laws to prepare their case ?

I don't think so.

#25 Plan of Attack

Plan of Attack
  • Coach
  • 783 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 04:51 PM

Talking about sheffield's stadium to oldham's stadium the whitebank is just as bad. You may just get a repvire yet. Cold after match showers at oldham.

Hate to disappoint you but only ONE team is coming up and that looks like York,However as a Barrow fan I hope you stay up as it means Whitehaven will be relegated :D  and they wont like that

#26 guest from down under

guest from down under
  • 2,414 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 05:03 PM

The RFL said it's fine.  You'd be asking them to say, no it isn't.  Good luck with that.

no they did not , the other championship clubs voted to give sheffield dispensation to play at the not  fit for purpose owlerton , if that vote came up again now it would not be passed as sheffield are to put it mildly not liked by the other clubs .

#27 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,771 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 05:06 PM

no they did not , the other championship clubs voted to give sheffield dispensation to play at the not  fit for purpose owlerton , if that vote came up again now it would not be passed as sheffield are to put it mildly not liked by the other clubs .

Well, that's your spin on it. Good luck with your campaign.

#28 guest from down under

guest from down under
  • 2,414 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 05:14 PM

That is not my spin on it it is fact that the other championship clubs were asked by the rfl to decide whether owlerton could be used . they voted yes to help sheffield out . since then aston has caused a lot of ill feeling  and it was he that fingered the clubs about the dual reg issue although he is trying now to blame ian swire . Sheffield may be the butt of the last laugh though as the rfl are compiling information regarding sheffields recruitment this  season with a view to an investigation so there is mileage yet in this saga . 

Edited by guest from down under, 11 August 2014 - 05:15 PM.

#29 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,858 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 05:20 PM

Thereby denying Batley the seven days notice required by the by-laws to prepare their case ?

I don't think so.

if the rules are quiet clear
and they break them...

what case do they need ??

grounds of diminished responsibility ??

football didnt seem to follow that protocol last week booting the polish team out verse celtic

if they broke the rules..they broke the rules end of..no case no what if and certainly no escaping punishment

and i would swop batley for sheffield in our division any day ;)

#30 greavesy

greavesy
  • Coach
  • 498 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 05:38 PM

The RFL say not.

Let's see what they say on Thursday before we start talking about "bending rules".

The RFL said it was OK for this season i am talking about the next with the new 3 tier set up.

#31 greavesy

greavesy
  • Coach
  • 498 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 06:03 PM

It must only be the cost because it seems rare for individuals to make use of the libel laws in this country?

The thread has nothing to do with who said what, but it was printed in the Rugby league press that your chairman and coach had complained about Fairbanks being in our team and having a effect on the outcome also they added  they should be awarded  the three points . I am a supporter so i know nothing of libel laws but i can read and write. I do apolagise if i am wrong about the highest placed relegated club replacing a team who may or may not have the minimum ground standards required to play in that league. I also apolagise if your chairman and Aston did not make the complaint. I know nothing of the Doncaster or or Dewsbury situation and i dont make any accusation on their situations. I do not read Twitter. If the RFL finds my club guilty on breaking the D/R rules and we are deducted points and relegated as consequence so be it . Personaly i think we will be relegated for underperforming throughout the season. I still believe it was a mistake and the D/R system is flawed. Never the less Owlerton is still not fit to stage championship matches. 

Ps thanks for dignifying my thread.

#32 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,771 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 08:37 AM

The RFL said it was OK for this season i am talking about the next with the new 3 tier set up.

I see - you're saying that Sheffield are bending next season's rules this season.

Well, the facts are that Sheffield have won 4, lost 7 at home and won 8, lost 3 away.  Crowds down by 30%.

So carry on with your campaign.  Frankly, I'd rather play somewhere else.

#33 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,396 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 08:37 AM

Hate to disappoint you but only ONE team is coming up and that looks like York,However as a Barrow fan I hope you stay up as it means Whitehaven will be relegated :D  and they wont like that

bitter barrow fans, if i were you id worry about the messiah incharge of you

#34 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,771 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 08:45 AM

The thread has nothing to do with who said what, but it was printed in the Rugby league press that your chairman and coach had complained about Fairbanks being in our team and having a effect on the outcome also they added  they should be awarded  the three points . I am a supporter so i know nothing of libel laws but i can read and write. I do apolagise if i am wrong about the highest placed relegated club replacing a team who may or may not have the minimum ground standards required to play in that league. I also apolagise if your chairman and Aston did not make the complaint. I know nothing of the Doncaster or or Dewsbury situation and i dont make any accusation on their situations. I do not read Twitter. If the RFL finds my club guilty on breaking the D/R rules and we are deducted points and relegated as consequence so be it . Personaly i think we will be relegated for underperforming throughout the season. I still believe it was a mistake and the D/R system is flawed. Never the less Owlerton is still not fit to stage championship matches. 

Ps thanks for dignifying my thread.

Koukash and Harris got involved ?  Where on earth did that rumour come from ?

#35 greavesy

greavesy
  • Coach
  • 498 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 04:38 PM

I see - you're saying that Sheffield are bending next season's rules this season.

Well, the facts are that Sheffield have won 4, lost 7 at home and won 8, lost 3 away.  Crowds down by 30%.

So carry on with your campaign.  Frankly, I'd rather play somewhere else.

No if you cannot understand i will type s-l-o-w-l-y Sheffields ground has been ok,d this season by other clubs i do not agree with this as spectater comfort and viewing is a disgrace. But next seasons split into 3 x 12 may come under a new set of minimum standards .If it does your greyhound stadium will definately not reach the required standards. D-i-d  y-o-u  g-e-t  t-h-a-t. :sarcastic:

Edited by greavesy, 12 August 2014 - 04:39 PM.

#36 greavesy

greavesy
  • Coach
  • 498 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 04:40 PM

Koukash and Harris got involved ?  Where on earth did that rumour come from ?

Are you on DRUGS !!!!!.

#37 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,771 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 05:40 PM

No if you cannot understand i will type s-l-o-w-l-y Sheffields ground has been ok,d this season by other clubs i do not agree with this as spectater comfort and viewing is a disgrace. But next seasons split into 3 x 12 may come under a new set of minimum standards .If it does your greyhound stadium will definately not reach the required standards. D-i-d  y-o-u  g-e-t  t-h-a-t. :sarcastic:

Grow up ! :blum:

What's to understand ?

Fine - we'll play somewhere else.  Suits me.

Or a-r-e  y-o-u  t-h-i-n-k-i-n-g  t-h-a-t  w-e-'-d  s-t-a-y  w-h-e-r-e  w-e  a-r-e  a-n-d  l-e-t  B-a-t-l-e-y  t-a-k-e  o-u-r  p-l-a-c-e ?

#38 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,771 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 05:41 PM

Are you on DRUGS !!!!!.

You're the one who suggested it - post 31.

#39 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,580 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 06:03 PM

I would kick sheffield out if they tried to play at that hovel in 2015, it deserves level 3
Ask the clubs do they want to go back, even Sheffield would say NO

#40 greavesy

greavesy
  • Coach
  • 498 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 06:19 PM

Grow up ! :blum:

What's to understand ?

Fine - we'll play somewhere else.  Suits me.

Or a-r-e  y-o-u  t-h-i-n-k-i-n-g  t-h-a-t  w-e-'-d  s-t-a-y  w-h-e-r-e  w-e  a-r-e  a-n-d  l-e-t  B-a-t-l-e-y  t-a-k-e  o-u-r  p-l-a-c-e ?

Mmmm are you sure there is no student behind that churlish reply. Playing somewhere else that was suitable would be fine and we would not be having this discusion.   

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users