Batley 14 Dewsbury 16 - discussion, report, highlights

Little Diddy I Knocked Up

• Please log in to reply
118 replies to this topic

#1 Tom Coates

Tom Coates
  • 1,145 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 09:50 AM

Please use hashtag #hwderby when discussing this game on social media.

Edited by Tom Coates, 18 August 2014 - 07:57 AM.

#2 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,555 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 09:52 AM

Well well well, who would have thought it. Being in our hands whether or not our little puppy friends drop deep down into the underworld of Championship 1.Seem to remember someone pre season offering a wager that we would finish below them.Trouble is what do we do.Go all out and get satisfaction of removing a thorn from our side.Our do we give them a life line and play another derby match and earn a bit more cash from them.Depends i suppose what the instructions are from above.

#3 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,858 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 10:51 AM

Thumbs down for me

we once had a chance to relegate them in a play-off game at widnes .
the taunts that day of how rubbish we was
were deafening...

i truely hope no favours are done on Sunday
and we do play to win...giving them not even a bonus point...as dewsbury fans weve had new holes ripped when we have failed..

why on earth should we spare them the feeling of relegation... did they and would they spare us ??

i think not...

and as for money

we play them 3 times a season

we can still play them twice by introducing
the boxing day & new years day clashes

off with their heads i say !!!!

cos mine will be come 4.45pm next sunday if we win

with laughter :)

#4 christheram

christheram
  • Non-Batley
  • 484 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 10:58 AM

Are we all standing together Sunday instead of all over shop like usual at the mount? let's all get behind posts we attack at give the lads some good vocal support and the batley fans some banter ;-)

#5 christheram

christheram
  • Non-Batley
  • 484 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 11:00 AM

How many points are batley likely to get deducted because I've heard it's 6 points? If that's the case and we beat them Sunday not allowing a bonus point and haven picking up a point at seagulls this would relegate batley on Sunday

#6 Tom Coates

Tom Coates
  • 1,145 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 11:01 AM

Thumbs down for me

we once had a chance to relegate them in a play-off game at widnes .
the taunts that day of how rubbish we was
were deafening...

I thought we played really well that day. Was a great game that neither side deserved to lose!

#7 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,719 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 11:13 AM

How many points are batley likely to get deducted because I've heard it's 6 points? If that's the case and we beat them Sunday not allowing a bonus point and haven picking up a point at seagulls this would relegate batley on Sunday

How can anyone reasonably guess?

D1:25 The Operational Rules Tribunal and Operational Rules Appeals Tribunal shall have the power to order any Person subject to the Operational Rules to pay compensation and/or shall have power to reprimand, fine and/or suspend or expel from participation in the Game any Person Subject to the Operational Rules or any Representative or his/her Deputy or Member if found guilty of misconduct or aiding or abetting another so to do. In addition in the case of Misconduct which impinges on the integrity of the competition the Operational Rules Tribunal shall have the right to deduct competition points. The Operational Rules Tribunal and Operational Rules Appeals Tribunal shall be free to disregard any scales of mandatory fines published by the Board as guidance. Suspensions imposed by the Operational Rules Tribunal and Operational Rules Appeals Tribunal shall take effect from midnight on the day of the hearing unless the Operational Rules Tribunal or Operational Rules Appeals Tribunal orders to the contrary.

It is also potentially subject to appeal, so could string out for a while.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#8 Netherton Ram

Netherton Ram
  • Coach
  • 499 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 11:17 AM

Will be a tough game for us I think. We rarely play well on the slope up at Mount 'Pleasant'.

Batley are struggling with their squad, but we are also and it will be a close game.

If we don't have a kicking game tactic we will have little chance of winning. This is how Batley won so many games there when Harrison was in charge. They could play the slope very well, and we never do.

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

#9 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,858 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 11:36 AM

I thought we played really well that day. Was a great game that neither side deserved to lose!

yeah was a good game.. and we lost regardless
of who deserved what

defining moment for me
was barry eaton coming over to clap the dewsbury fans...and that will always stay with me
how he looked and took no pleasure in the victory .

sentiment shouldnt come into it

2 gladiators dont start patting each other on the back....its to the death ;)

#10 JimbobRam

JimbobRam
  • Coach
  • 443 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:08 PM

As long as we won im not bothered about batley. Us winning means we are 100 percentage safe :)

#11 silverback

silverback
  • Coach
  • 992 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:59 PM

??so when we win sunday it will be "you spared us", come on lads just play the game and give us a bit a credit,i reckon this game will be a classic,we used to raise our game not so long ago when it counted so if we cant get up for this then you deserve to knock us out this league all day long,to be fair you have some cracking players and the place up at yours is looking great.hard to say but you have done things a lot better than us this season thats a cert.may the best team win. :hi:

#12 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,858 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 04:12 PM

We should do the right thing

put the poor dogs down to save futher misery

would hate to see the poor creatures suffer
Longer than need be

;)

#13 guest from down under

guest from down under
  • 2,446 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 05:44 PM

There is no doubt that we will go into sundays game with the intention of obtaining the best possible result for dewsburys league position , dont forget there is a financial incentive for us in this last few games . Having said that our task is made all the more difficult by our desperate injury situation . For my money it could go either way .

#14 Nick07

Nick07
  • Coach
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 06:49 PM

A number of our fans took the mickey out of you when you were relegated a couple of years ago, whether in banter form or not, so I'm fully acceptant and expectant of the same in return should that happen.

It's swings and roundabouts with the HW, a few good years for us and then the same for the Rams. And your resurgence over the past 18 is a credit to your club, both on and off the field. Sadly we've had 3/4 years of success and not built on it in the same way. Yes the Rams have better income from various sources but at the same time our slightly better performances on the field should have nulified that. Unfortunately we've stood still and rested on out laurels. In any business it shouldn't take disaster and failure (relegation) to bring out about action. In our case it appears that we've left it to that.

I just hope we play with pride on Sunday and if we go down, we do it fighting and not in a damp squib, which I fear after recent weeks.

Either way, well done on your successes this year. You lot deserve it after sticking with your team through some lean years, as much as it pains me to say it as a Batley fan.

Let's see what Sunday brings. Rams are deserved favourites but hopefully we can find some of that Batley spirit from somewhere.

#15 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 912 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 08:43 PM

I'm not sure trying to predict this one. We are no where near top form and have 11 players out injured. Batley have to win so I'm going for a draw 18-18.
Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

#16 Tom Coates

Tom Coates
  • 1,145 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 08:51 PM

hwderby.jpg

#17 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,858 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 08:59 PM

A number of our fans took the mickey out of you when you were relegated a couple of years ago, whether in banter form or not, so I'm fully acceptant and expectant of the same in return should that happen.

It's swings and roundabouts with the HW, a few good years for us and then the same for the Rams. And your resurgence over the past 18 is a credit to your club, both on and off the field. Sadly we've had 3/4 years of success and not built on it in the same way. Yes the Rams have better income from various sources but at the same time our slightly better performances on the field should have nulified that. Unfortunately we've stood still and rested on out laurels. In any business it shouldn't take disaster and failure (relegation) to bring out about action. In our case it appears that we've left it to that.

I just hope we play with pride on Sunday and if we go down, we do it fighting and not in a damp squib, which I fear after recent weeks.

Either way, well done on your successes this year. You lot deserve it after sticking with your team through some lean years, as much as it pains me to say it as a Batley fan.

Let's see what Sunday brings. Rams are deserved favourites but hopefully we can find some of that Batley spirit from somewhere.

upmost respect to you and yours nick
Its all in fun the banter...hurts like a thatcher when your down and getting a kicking
and nobody wishes batley wiped from the rugby league map...even me.. suffer yeah ill take pleasure in that...but gone no never..
hopefully youll feel the pain we did and your team will bounce back and if your in the championship 1 hopefully some kind of tie up could be done on some level between the clubs
to get our supporters to watch your games..and you ours..

we dont want you gone forever
cos RL wouldnt be the same without you lot.

#18 Tom Coates

Tom Coates
  • 1,145 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 09:10 PM

??so when we win sunday it will be "you spared us", come on lads just play the game and give us a bit a credit,

bulldog2.jpg

caeser.jpg

#19 morti

morti
  • Coach
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 09:45 PM

still think this will be a tough game,its do or die for batley,i am going for a very close game batley 14 dewsbury 22,att 997

#20 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,968 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 10:27 PM

Rams 38 - Batley 10.

FTS: Buchanan

Att: 1400

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users