Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Batley 14 Dewsbury 16 - discussion, report, highlights

Little Diddy I Knocked Up

• Please log in to reply
118 replies to this topic

#101 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 06:40 PM

well I sung along today ;)

did you see tubbymcfatduck in the boxes behind you forking us all match lol

numpty :)

Yes I did mate. His face was a picture when we scored the match winning try. Something tells me he didn't expect that!

#102 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,461 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 06:42 PM

Easy win today I thought - the result was never in doubt.

Some of the tackling might have been a bit lively but it was a Derby after all. In days of yore the fact that there was only one fight (or 26 man wrestle) would have been a major source of concern.

I thought that Batley played well and certainly didn't look like a relegation side compared with the four who are definitely going down; on the other hand I would say the same of Whitehaven. Five down this season is a bit cruel but everyone knew that it would happen well before the season started so there's no point for those in danger starting to whimper now.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#103 ricochet

ricochet
  • Players
  • 80 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 07:18 PM

See you all there, behind covered stand first half lads and ladies

You can't have seen much of the game from behind the stand Chris, mind you not a lot happened in the first 40 anyway!!

Ricochet!

#104 christheram

christheram
  • Non-Batley
  • 397 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 08:28 PM

Worst 40 mins il never get back of my life lol

#105 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 09:10 PM

Spot on assessment BSJ. When my son progresses to open age, I will be giving up reffing for sure. Rugby Union is not as bad as RL, but I only do it to make sure our team has someone vaguely competent and impartial to ref them.

Unfortunately there are too many on the touch lines ready to criticise but never brave enough to have a go themselves.

Edited by Wakefield Ram, 17 August 2014 - 09:11 PM.

#106 muddyfunster

muddyfunster
  • Coach
  • 955 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 09:38 PM

What is allowed in your word?

Your spelling and grammar are equally atrocious. Even your username makes no sense. Do you know what it is supposed to mean?

As for remarks about Farrell - he had to suffer some head high tackles from your lot, even when scoring his try.
Accept the defeat like most people would without resorting to juvenile remarks.

For me an official with balls would have made that an 8 pointer. Batley players clearly all over his head as he put the ball down.

The future's bright, the future's RED AMBER & BLACK!

http://www.jmgaskets-seals.co.uk/

name.png

#107 Monkbar

Monkbar
  • Coach
  • 132 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 11:02 PM

I thought the ref had a decent game today (dons tin hat). I obviously stand with the Dews fans home and away (when I can) and some of the things we shout for are at best seen through rose tinted glasses and at worst without an understanding of the actual laws of the game. The amount of people who have been watching the game for years and still have no understanding of what touch judges can and can't do is astounding.

#108 Eagletarian

Eagletarian
  • Coach
  • 4,591 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 11:17 PM

Don't think that was a good result for you today.....You will not have two local derbies next season, so you are likely to have lower crowds and it will cost your fans who travel away more.

Rugby League should be the opiate of the people (Marks not in Las Palmas)

Posted Image

#109 guest from down under

guest from down under
  • 2,414 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 05:07 AM

Don't think that was a good result for you today.....You will not have two local derbies next season, so you are likely to have lower crowds and it will cost your fans who travel away more.

Really ,now id never have thought of that myself  .thanks for pointing it out .

#110 JimbobRam

JimbobRam
  • Coach
  • 407 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 05:28 AM

Yeh but you would say that with been a Sheffield fan. Today was a excellent result and gives us a slight chance of finishing in the top 4. It won't lower gates don't forget Bradford is not far down the road and we will attract 2 plus aganist them.
Which will more then make up for it.

#111 Tom Coates

Tom Coates
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 07:58 AM

Extended highlights:

#112 Tom Coates

Tom Coates
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 08:45 AM

Everyone will remember Thacks' kick and Grady's chase, but it was the amazing offload from Tommy G and barnstorming run from Jobe Murphy (and quick play the ball) that laid the platform.

Edited by Tom Coates, 18 August 2014 - 08:46 AM.

#113 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,461 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 09:01 AM

Excuse me if my understanding is a bit simplistic but isn't the whole point of sporting endeavour trying to win? If I am correct then this is actually a very good result for us.

HTH

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#114 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,461 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 09:05 AM

Everyone will remember Thacks' kick and Grady's chase, but it was the amazing offload from Tommy G and barnstorming run from Jobe Murphy (and quick play the ball) that laid the platform.

True, and not forgetting a very tired defence. A point that I do keep labouring to my long-suffering friends is that the game isn't won in the first 60 minutes but in the last 20. A solid possession game in the first half leads to one side doing much more defending and eventually getting very tired: that's when the chances start to appear. In other words a solid team performance.

Additionally I thought that GM pulled off a masterstroke by bringing Hyde back on and moving Grady back into his best position in the centres where his impact was obvious straightaway.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#115 Tom Coates

Tom Coates
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 03:30 PM

And for Hale's try (around the seven-minute mark) you can see why some coaches don't rate Reittie. He shows great strength to tackle Morton backwards, but then chooses to sit out of the following tackle.

#116 NickD

NickD
  • Coach
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 01:45 PM

Extended highlights:

Excellent highlights as ever, well done.  I would make the following observations...

1. someone did well to get 4 mins highlights from the first half

2. Without Austins superb ankle tap we would have been 12 points down at half time

3. Dispite our our issues with ref he got it right with both the first half kicks.  Their try was just onside and ours wasnt

4. Scott Hale not only tackled like a stag, but passed the ball twice!!!

5. Our attacking line out right was much better second half because Prycey persistently entered the line giving us a man over.

6. Joel Farrell is improving every week and we are better with Ryan Wright on the park

7. Tommy Gallagher is a hero

8. When our injured players return who would want to drop anyone when you see the effort given in that second half?

#117 graham fisher

graham fisher
  • Coach
  • 439 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 02:45 PM

Excellent highlights as ever, well done.  I would make the following observations...

1. someone did well to get 4 mins highlights from the first half
2. Without Austins superb ankle tap we would have been 12 points down at half time
3. Dispite our our issues with ref he got it right with both the first half kicks.  Their try was just onside and ours wasnt
4. Scott Hale not only tackled like a stag, but passed the ball twice!!!
5. Our attacking line out right was much better second half because Prycey persistently entered the line giving us a man over.
6. Joel Farrell is improving every week and we are better with Ryan Wright on the park
7. Tommy Gallagher is a hero
8. When our injured players return who would want to drop anyone when you see the effort given in that second half?

I agree with probably all the things you've highlighted apart from number 3. Both were in front of kicker!!! Having got league weekly this week I read match report which I thought was about on how the game went,then I looked how he had scored the players out of 10,Ayden Faal 8 GIVE ME A BREAK what a joke,what did he do,did I miss something?

#118 reg gasnier

reg gasnier
  • Facebook
  • 51 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 03:49 PM

Two points I took from what I thought was a terrific local derby which had both set of supporters on the edge of their seats. Agree entirely with toms assessment of hales try reittie did a great job on Morton then turned round and ran not facing the rams leaving hale with a simple run to the line ,and like most folk really impressed by Farrell but saw a side of him I haven't seen before his constant complaining to the ref instead of taking note of who was roughing him up and slyley giving out a bit of retribution would earn him more respect ,me feels glen should have a word in his ear

#119 Tom Coates

Tom Coates
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:32 AM

Match report

(Apologies - Chris sent this across on Monday)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users