Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Pennine League strcuture

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#1 carlos

carlos
  • Coach
  • 420 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 12:32 PM

HAs anything been decided on divisions / new clubs etc? Nothing on the website

#2 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 02:58 PM

I have heard they are merging with the Yorkshire mens league ?

#3 Jerry Berry

Jerry Berry
  • Players
  • 38 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:25 PM

Was talking to an official at the weekend and he said it was just been finalised and should be announced today.  Said theres a load of new applicants including teams from Cumbria and they are letting in fryston :jester:

#4 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,800 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 06:04 PM

Provisional division will be announced tonight at the Pennine league meeting at Elland ARLFC

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#5 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 10,962 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 08:42 AM

http://pennineleague...ket=2&story=356

#6 fatboystu

fatboystu
  • 287 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 08:56 AM

Premier looks really strong. Good to see East Hull in there, hopefully they can get back to the strength they used to be.

#7 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 10:09 AM

Massive league proving there is a need for more traditional season.
Lets hope the Pennine league can maintain an healthy match completion rate .
Be interesting to see how Dalton fare throughout the season a big ask on club resources .

#8 neutralfan

neutralfan
  • Players
  • 34 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 10:26 AM

Which league are Hunslet Old Boys playing in next season?

#9 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 10,962 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 10:58 AM

Hunslet Old Boys and Wibsey Warriors are moving their first teams to the NCL (subject to being voted in) but are retaining a reserve team in the Pennine League

Edited by bowes, 12 August 2014 - 11:06 AM.

#10 Defender1

Defender1
  • Coach
  • 239 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 10:59 AM

None at the moment they ain't been voted in yet

#11 Defender1

Defender1
  • Coach
  • 239 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 10:59 AM

Hunslet Old Boys and Wibsey Warriors are moving their first teams to the NCL but are retaining a reserve team in the Pennine League

Best of both worlds

#12 Defender1

Defender1
  • Coach
  • 239 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 11:01 AM

I wonder what league if there is a traditional NCL season going forward, they even admitted if it stays the same it will take 2-3 years before the standard is the same as they have been enjoying

#13 LordCharles

LordCharles
  • Coach
  • 745 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 12:44 PM

The fact that the Pennine League now have over 100 teams across 10 Divisions playing rugby within a Traditional season speaks volumes for the game at Open Age level.

If only the NWC OA Committee would take a lead and put a proposal out there for a revamped Traditional season that clubs could buy in to and give those that need that opportunity the chance to get themselves back on their feet both financially and participation/numbers wise.

Edited by LordCharles, 12 August 2014 - 12:44 PM.

#14 shawy13

shawy13
  • Coach
  • 232 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 02:46 PM

NWML clubs just received this email

The North West Counties League is again planning to run a winter league.

There seems a desire in some quarters from inquiries I have received, to switch back to winter or play summer and winter. This is by no means an attempt on our part to stop summer rugby.

We simply want to know how many clubs would like to run a winter team next season which will start on September 20. I need replies by the end of August at the latest.

This week, John McMullen of the RFL, is arranging a meeting between the two open age leagues to discuss the problems which have arisen over the last 12 months and get a workable programme that will enable both leagues to complete a meaningful programme.

#15 yipyee

yipyee
  • Coach
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 07:05 PM

The fact that the Pennine League now have over 100 teams across 10 Divisions playing rugby within a Traditional season speaks volumes for the game at Open Age level.

If only the NWC OA Committee would take a lead and put a proposal out there for a revamped Traditional season that clubs could buy in to and give those that need that opportunity the chance to get themselves back on their feet both financially and participation/numbers wise.

Teams from other areas have swelled the number of teams, if I were dalton I would sooner play summer than travel hundreds of miles for a game!

#16 carlos

carlos
  • Coach
  • 420 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 07:14 PM

Can only see Dalton as a club from other areas based on a quick glance. Still lots of interest in winter but some of the top sides looking to move summer , notably Wibsey, Hunslet OB , we (bank top harriers) sadly folded . My new club, queensbury , had over 50 players at each session which shows the strength of winter still.

#17 TheDuke

TheDuke
  • Coach
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 08:40 PM

be tough for east hull, think they should have been allowed to build in a lower league for a year, lot of good young kids there

#18 yipyee

yipyee
  • Coach
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 10:51 PM

Massive league proving there is a need for more traditional season.
Lets hope the Pennine league can maintain an healthy match completion rate .
Be interesting to see how Dalton fare throughout the season a big ask on club resources .

I should imagine the majority of players aren't too bothered when they play tgg as long as they are playing!

As time goes by and the younger generation come through it will be interesting to gauge opinion!

#19 Defender1

Defender1
  • Coach
  • 239 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 06:40 AM

I should imagine the majority of players aren't too bothered when they play tgg as long as they are playing!
As time goes by and the younger generation come through it will be interesting to gauge opinion!

Please look at the junior results for summer, the amount of postponed games, very few youth games outside of the heartlands and the amount of leagues having a summer break, it appears as you say are they bothered when they play, maybe no but you have to do what is best for the game

#20 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 10,962 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 09:36 AM

One sad thin to me is that Dodworth and Hoyland Vikings are both gone so 2 Barnsley clubs lost in one year. Unless you count Dearne Valley Bulldogs the game is dead there

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users