• 2,879 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 03:03 AM

Be wary of the smiling assassin .

#242 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 11,340 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 08:37 AM

Yet another bad advert for winter rugby league this weekend. Bradford and Halifax clubs are going to go about 3 months without a home game at this rate

#243 tamseb

tamseb
  • Players
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 11:11 AM

Yet another bad advert for winter rugby league this weekend. Bradford and Halifax clubs are going to go about 3 months without a home game at this rate

dont let the facts get in the way on another attack on "winter" rugby.Most teams in Bradford and Halifax have had home games in December and January,despite the bad weather,even teams like Greetland and Queensbury.

#244 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,879 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 11:38 AM

All the more reason to incorporate a winter break into a traditional season it does work we proved it .
Bowes you are becoming extremely tedious we all get it , you point out all the failings of the old winter concept .

The summer playing season fails the game in many areas .

So let's look and answers and clear proposals the NGB has failed to deliver on it's spin and until someone at the top as the balls to admit it then our game is going no where .
The Pro game has looked at it's self and come up with a new concept and that's good for the pro game .
What about the community game ?
Most of their policies damage our game we are spending more time fire fighting than developing and that's no good to man and beast .And that's not just my thoughts but that of many of my fellow volunteers the lifeblood of the game .

#245 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 11,340 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 12:16 PM

All the more reason to incorporate a winter break into a traditional season it does work we proved it .
Bowes you are becoming extremely tedious we all get it , you point out all the failings of the old winter concept .

The summer playing season fails the game in many areas .

So let's look and answers and clear proposals the NGB has failed to deliver on it's spin and until someone at the top as the balls to admit it then our game is going no where .
The Pro game has looked at it's self and come up with a new concept and that's good for the pro game .
What about the community game ?
Most of their policies damage our game we are spending more time fire fighting than developing and that's no good to man and beast .And that's not just my thoughts but that of many of my fellow volunteers the lifeblood of the game .

There were 10 times as many anti summer posts for a fraction of the number of called off games earlier in the year and you were the 3rd worst offender then

#246 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,879 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 02:58 PM

offender ?

You need to get a life .

For the last time I am not anti summer i am anti the start and finish .

#247 Bobby Tupper

Bobby Tupper
  • Players
  • 72 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 05:24 PM

I have just read on the Pennine league website that players Have got to transfer to the club to play in the challenge cup if they are in the NCL. What happens if a club has got a team in the NCL an also a team in the Pennine? Can that player only play for either the Pennine team or the conference team or both?
Rugby league players pretend not be injured for 80 minutes. Footballers pretend to be injured for 90

#248 The 4 of Us

The 4 of Us
  • Coach
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 07:28 PM

I have just read on the Pennine league website that players Have got to transfer to the club to play in the challenge cup if they are in the NCL. What happens if a club has got a team in the NCL an also a team in the Pennine? Can that player only play for either the Pennine team or the conference team or both?

Rugby League unfortunately continues to find ways to prevent players playing that Rugby Union would be embarrassed to do. Let players play. Politics and small minded committee mon are ruining the game.

#249 Defender1

Defender1
  • Coach
  • 350 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 07:42 PM

I have a good one

A player has played for us since 6
He is on scholarship
Can play for college
Can't play for his amateur club

Joke

#250 Defender1

Defender1
  • Coach
  • 350 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 10:38 AM

I received an interesting e mail off a league official

An hour ago I had Jason Netherton on the phone saying that Mike Smith (Currant HKR CEO) was going to speak in Parliament next Monday about the reduction in the number of teams playing Rugby League and could I provide him with some facts and figures

How does David Gent get away with it

#251 brassey

brassey
  • Coach
  • 110 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 11:59 AM

Well said the 4 of us people that are ruining the game have most likeley never played it only to look at muppets that are ruining the pennine league

#252 brassey

brassey
  • Coach
  • 110 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 12:02 PM

2 to 3 years ago pennine premier was the strongest league outside of the ncl now look at it

#253 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,879 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 01:45 PM

That is what becomes of working closely with the RFL. Lol .

Remember the RFL took over the running of the National Youth League and how long did that last .

Edited by TaxiEgg, 25 January 2015 - 01:46 PM.

#254 LordCharles

LordCharles
  • Coach
  • 829 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 07:51 PM

Please see an extract from the recent Hull Open age meeting on Operational Rules, Jan 2015, should we sign or should we go?????????

• (A Hull Club) asked if there were plans to introduce Fees for either players or clubs as signing/registration fees. David Gent said it had been discussed but Martyn Coyd of London said we have RU players playing and they will not pay to play, DG said because of this it was not going to happen and said it had been put to bed he thought Nov-Dec 2013, please note the date of the Community Board minutes below, they appear not to have been discussed at the following community board meeting, or it is not in the minutes

MINUTES OF THE COMMUNITY BOARD MEETING

HELD AT CARRWOOD PARK, LEEDS ON WEDNESDAY 30 APRIL 2014

MEMBERSHIP SCHEME

Receive a presentation on the progress being made to develop a RFL Membership Scheme.

The Chair welcomed Jon Dutton, who presented his findings so far the on RFL Membership Scheme (presentation attached), his priorities and a stage plan for the future.

The four strategic pillars on which to focus were listed as follows: technology, hearts and minds, benefits and customer focused/participant centred.

Ms Crawshaw asked whether players and registrations are being concentrated on, and also, volunteers. Mr Dutton confirmed that all these areas of the game are being looked into, along with Match Officials.

The Chair asked whether there would be any mileage in working with other partners with successful loyalty programmes, e.g. Tesco. Mr Dutton felt that this was a good idea and he would explore the possibility further with the Commercial Department.

The Board noted the initial progress made on this matter and noted that a further report would be made at the next meeting on the viability of the proposed scheme.

I suppose we did sign up to the Operational Rules????????

MINUTES OF THE COMMUNITY BOARD MEETING
HELD AT CARRWOOD PARK, LEEDS ON TUESDAY 18 NOVEMBER 2014

3.0 MATTERS ARISING

Mr Gent reported that an update on the membership scheme would be brought to the next meeting in February 2015.

5.0 RFL STRATEGY 2015-2021

Mr Rimmer presented on the RFL’s Strategic Plan to develop Rugby League over the next 6 years. Mr Rimmer proposed that a Sub-Committee be established to assist work on the Community Strategy going forward, which will then slot into the RFL suite of strategies for each tier of the game. This work will include an understanding of how the Community Game is financed currently. Furthermore, it was also recognised that there would need to be an understanding on how these funding streams may alter in forthcoming years.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users