Pennine League strcuture

• Please log in to reply
303 replies to this topic

#301 luckymutz

luckymutz
  • Facebook
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 11:57 AM

Dear me Mutz, which nest have you landed in mate cos you're talking cuckoo. Here's a short history lesson which may put you in the picture as to why BARLA will never again be a force.

BARLA allowed the NCL to walk away and form it's own management which in turn now dances to the RFL tune.

Yorkshire Juniors walked away from BARLA to become it's own entity which again does the same jig, with the RFL as bandmaster.

North West Counties were taken over virtually overnight by the RFL with no intervention or inclination from BARLA to assist the league.

And as for Hull ARL, they've been ignored by BARLA for years now, it's only recently that the BARLA Chair/Pennine Secretary has afforded any attention to the East Coast and that was on behalf of the RFL.

More positively however, Cumbria have built a success with their BARLA funded initiative, however not one of the present BARLA executive can claim any success for this.

Hi Nev v Dawn, some more facts for you, before the NCL went on their own which same as the Yorkshire Juniors could not be stopped as they would have gone their anyway with all the promises of the RFL.

In the late 80`s and early 90`s there was over 500 teams playing on the M62 corridor, now we are down to 200 plus, this is within BARLA, NCL and the RFL at amateur level. you may think im talking rubbish but that tells me that the amateur game is dying and that is nothing to do with BARLA, Pennine, NCL and the RFL, that's to do with the way of life in kids now, over 100 pitches in Leeds have gone in the last 5 years at Football, Rugby, Cricket and Union and now there is plans to take 3 more fields with another 10 pitches gone.

Barla also stuck with the Hull & District league when sanctions were asked to be put on them and Barla said no. You are saying what has Barla done for the Districts and Club, Ill ask what is the RFL doing for them, Same as Barla and the Cumbria League have been supported by Barla since they started.

Sorry to say but Amateur Rugby League is Dying and unless all parties can pull together then it will continue to die, going summer is not going to get more people playing as the same that was playing winter are now playing Summer.

P.S. Nev, I was in the middle of the Yorkshire juniors pull away and I know why they did it, Barla do not run regional leagues and never have and the regional leagues under the RFL are not run by the RFL but by Committee members who Work/Volenteer  to do this job same as the Pennine and Hull playing leagues.

Edited by luckymutz, 27 February 2015 - 12:04 PM.

#302 Nev V Dawn

Nev V Dawn
  • Coach
  • 321 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 08:13 AM

Hi Yorks Bird, I wish it was that simple but it isn't, The RFL will be running summer and BARLA winter, it would be good to have a cutoff date and have a start date, Summer April to September and Winter September/October till March/April, winter would have to be longer as Xmas & New year and of course the weather. the National cup could be a pre season run up to the NCL & Summer starting, after the first few rounds it would then be played on a bank holiday weekend where the NCL now do not play. this would not be all teams as we would be down to the last 8 after February. The Mens Leagues could make way at the end of their season for the County Cups and the final would be played earlier than it is now. August-November.

Well Mutz I beg to differ as it is really quite simple, just implement the following rule which shows in the current BARLA constitution and the problem is solved;

(24.14)    A Player duly recognised on the official register of a Barla Regional League Club and wishing to participate in a summer based competition organised by and falling under the auspices of the Rugby Football League must as a pre-requisite of doing so fulfil his Barla obligations before being allowed to register with a summer based club

I'm sure that with your [BARLA's] splendid working relationship with the RFL, this rule would be readily accepted and implemented.

You never fail until you stop trying

#303 bronx

bronx
  • Players
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 06:14 PM

Looking back at your threads - it clearly shows you do not have the interest of the game at heart

It looks like you are a constant mischief maker - something the amateur game can do without

Makes one wonder if you are not part of the RFL as the above Barla rule you quote has not been adhered to for some 5+ years!!!!

#304 Nev V Dawn

Nev V Dawn
  • Coach
  • 321 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 09:56 AM

Looking back at your threads - it clearly shows you do not have the interest of the game at heart

It looks like you are a constant mischief maker - something the amateur game can do without

Makes one wonder if you are not part of the RFL as the above Barla rule you quote has not been adhered to for some 5+ years!!!!

Welcome to the forum Bronx, albeit for you to have a direct rant on my observations. It's slightly flattering however that you see fit to review my posts.

As for mischief making my friend, that's a mighty red rag that you're waving with such a few negative words.

You never fail until you stop trying

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users